XMen trilogy vs IM trilogy

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Xmen trilogy vs the Iron Man trilogy. Forget your biased for a minute consider these two sets of trilogy movies and which movies are better when you consider them in sets. Acting, story, special effects and just overall appeal.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Cap10nate

Hmmmm. Iron Man 1 over them all followed closely by X2. Between the other 4,I may actually have to give the edge to X-men as the first movie was better than IM2 & 3 IM and X3 is on par with those movies to me.

I choose X-Men.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Before I get into this, comparing special effects is unfair. The X-Men trilogy obviously has worse special effects because it's older. I will compare the other aspects, though.

This is a toughie. I'm a little biased because X-Men is one of my favorite franchises, and X2: X-Men United is one of my favorite CBMs. The first Iron Man, however, is also one of my favorites. The X-Men trilogy has an overall better storyline to me because the movies cover deeper subjects. The acting is better in the Iron Man trilogy, but the X-Men trilogy still has some really solid performances. The Iron Man trilogy is a lot more fun and more consistent in quality--yep, you read that right. I like all three of those movies. They're all equally entertaining to me.

Overall, I'd say Iron Man wins.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Easily Iron Man trilogy has a better story line, better acting, .... just better everything. Now if we counted Xmen First which was MUCH better done the the Xmen trilogy then we would have something.

But we don't so EASILY IRON MAN STOMPS!

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Can we really consider the X-Men movies a trilogy with how many spin-offs, prequels, & upcoming sequels there are? I know we're talking about the original 3, but I still don't get why people still say that there's an X-Men trilogy.

Anyway, I say X-Men. Iron Man 1 I thought was better than any X-Men movie, but Iron Man 2 really felt more like an Avengers prologue than an Iron Man movie. And Iron Man 3 was just bad (some good things, but not enough to make the film good). So, I say X-Men.

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first Iron Man is better than X1 and X3... X1 and X2 are better than IM2 and IM3.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Iron Man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X2>>>X-Men>Iron Man 2>>>>Iron Man 3>>>X-Men: Last Stand

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a tough question. Obviously Iron man is all about 1 person so you get a lot more development in him and his relationships with other characters than in X-men because there are so many X-men to try to cover. Other than Wolverine and to a point Jean and the old guys, no other characters get much focus.

The effects are starting to look a bit out-dated in the X films as they are older by a fair few years, although that doesn't mean that they are bad.

Both trilogies have varying levels of quality between their films, and in both, when the original director left, it all went screwy. I love IM1, and I probably give IM2 more love than it deserves, but X1 is a decent film and X2 is a brilliant CBM. If this was a battle I would give this a too close to call, but I would give a miniscule edge to the X-men.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hard to say. Iron Man gave us 1 great film, and two sub-par ones. X-Men gave us two good films and one bad one. Hard to qualify. Edge to IM based solely on the first film.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first Iron Man movie was better than all the X-Men movies but as a Trilogy X-Men is better than Iron Man, X1 and X2 were great while IM2 and IM3 sucked.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

IM1 > X1

IM2 < X2

IM3 > X3 (lesser of two evils)

Hard to say. Iron Man gave us 1 great film, and two sub-par ones. X-Men gave us two good films and one bad one. Hard to qualify. Edge to IM based solely on the first film.

I think its more like Ironman - 1 great and two sub-par. X-Men 1 great, 1 good, 1 horrible.

Not exactly sure where I stand on the overall trilogy vs trilogy though lol

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Quality wise special effects wise Iron-man Trilogy of course.

I'd go with the X-men Trilogy 2 Great X-men films and 1 that failed.

Iron-man (One good solid film) Iron-man 2 (mediocre) Iron-man 3(very mediocre)

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

X-Men vs Iron Man=Winner Iron Man by just a bit, the first X-Men was good but I found Iron Man 1 to be a near masterpiece

X2 vs Iron Man 2=Winner X2 by quite a margin, X2 was by far the best of the trilogy and Iron Man 2 was not nearly as good as the first

X-Men: The Last Stand vs Iron Man 3=Winner Iron Man 3, not a huge fan of either of these movies but at least Iron Man 3 was watchable

So the Iron Man Trilogy wins if going by just the original trilogy, the movie that kills it for X-Men was the third one which i disliked greatly. However, if including other X-Men movies such as First Class, and The Wolverine spinoff then X-Men wins as I loved those two movies and they were about on the same levels as X2..

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

X-Men ftw.

Avatar image for stealth_warrior
Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Iron man trilogy ftw

bunt947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X2>>>X-Men>Iron Man 2>>>>Iron Man 3>>>X-Men: Last Stand

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19 JediXMan  Moderator

X-Men, no contest.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Wolverine008

X-Men.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm. Iron Man 1 over them all followed closely by X2. Between the other 4,I may actually have to give the edge to X-men as the first movie was better than IM2 & 3 IM and X3 is on par with those movies to me.

I choose X-Men.

WoW, exactly this.

I do find the OP silly. "Forget your bias." Uh, movies are entertainment, and entertainment is almost totally subjective.