X-Termination

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By thatlad

"Nightcrawler from the age of apocalypse came to our universe with the uncanny x-force, hoping for a better life in a better world. But when he betrayed x-force by murdering the man who murdered his wife, nightcrawler found himself exiled..." I think I'm pretty well informed on reminders run on x-force having gotten every issue. But correct me if in wrong but Kurt AOA didn't come to 616 for a better life, he came to kill Blob. That was stated from the outset, the deal was ill help you so long as I can hunt down AOA traitors, especially Blob. And when he killed Blob that wasn't the wasn't his betrayal, it was that he betrayed the team's infiltration to save Evan. His betrayal was that his vengeance overtook his pursuit to save the world. Am I wrong here? And if I'm not who is at fault? Is it the writers? Or the editor?

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Timandm
@thatlad: That's actually a good question...

1: He came to Earth 616 for revenge...
2: He DID betray X-Force, but it wasn't killing Blob that was the betrayal.    He betrayed X-Force by literally stabbing Logan in the back to gain the trust of Mystique and Sabertooth.  Once he did that, he had easy access to Blob.  I guess he thought it was the easiest path to revenge.
3: If he had followed the plan, I believe, he would have killed Blob and no one would have had a problem with it.   X-Force kills... that's what they were put together to do.  In fact, it was only an issue or two earlier that AoA Night Crawler killed AoA Iceman...

I think it's as simple as that. 
thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By thatlad

@Timandm: that's what I thought, the deal he had with x-force was he'd get to kill blob. So by the first page this story is a mess. Surely the writers were reading Remender's run? They'd be mad not to, if not there's Wikipedia and comic vine. At least the editor could have done their job, the whole story is based on a faulty premise, knowing these writers style I expect them to have whole sections dedicated to crawlers 'murdering betrayal' it just puts me off the book. Which is a shame as I'd have loved a story of just wolverine hunting aoa nightcrawler, would have made a great story in his solo book playing on Logans grief and inability to kill his 'best friend', with all these other characters it's too noisy

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Timandm
@thatlad: More often than not, story arcs in comic books go a way other than what we'd hoped for.  MOST of the time, the way things happen, don't even make sense in light of who the character is supposed to be...

We the readers are left with the option to drop the series, accept it the way it is, or somehow rationalize it so that it makes sense in some dark and twisted way....

I think we "rationalize" this one...  What if AoA Night Crawler did not believe that Wolverine and X-Force would have been successful against Mystique, Sabertooth, Daken, and Blob.    Now, you and I KNOW that's bogus, but WHAT IF???  What do you think AoA Night Crawler would do then to get to Blob?  He'd have accepted Mystique's offer and betrayed  X-Force...

I expect the author's are wanted a storyline that shows that this AoA Night Crawler is in NO WAY Kurt Wagner....  That's how I'm rationalizing this....
Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Kairan1979
Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Alton

@Kairan1979 said:

Is X-Termination is a continuation of X-Treme X-Men?

X termination as I understand it will be the wrap up storyline for AOA and will include spillovers into X-Treme and at least one other book (probably Uncanny X-Force).I almost dropped AOA thinking I'd continue following it in trade but I signed up again along with X-Termination till the end.Can't afford to follow the it through the other books though..