#1 Posted by CuddlyPlane (84 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think about the new X-men titles out right now? Personally I don't think they're necessarily bad but only a few appeal to me. I've tried many of the marvel now titles and it seems like the All New and both of the X-force series are the only ones that peak my interest. Do you think they are slacking or doing just fine?

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading All New X-Men, but despite it being talked up so much I didn't really find it that good.

Looking forward to the adjective-less X-Men, it looks like it'll be pretty boss.

#3 Posted by MatKrenz (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Factor is doing awesomly.

#4 Posted by akbogert (3213 posts) - - Show Bio

NOW-wise, only one that got me to pick it up was the new Uncanny X-Force, which I'll probably stick with. I am very optimistic about X-Men (the lady one), but that's months from now.

#5 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll start reading X-Men titles again when there is a singular team. I'm not going to follow four different titles just to keep up with the universe. Cancel WATX, the other titles, put all the mutants under Uncanny and I'll be back.

#6 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake said:

I'll start reading X-Men titles again when there is a singular team. I'm not going to follow four different titles just to keep up with the universe. Cancel WATX, the other titles, put all the mutants under Uncanny and I'll be back.

There are far too many X-Men characters for them to fit in the same book and keep people happy with the amount of times their favs get in the spotlight.

A single X-book at this point in time would be a clustered mess.

#7 Posted by jhazzroucher (15501 posts) - - Show Bio

@CuddlyPlane said:

What do you think about the new X-men titles out right now? Personally I don't think they're necessarily bad but only a few appeal to me. I've tried many of the marvel now titles and it seems like the All New and both of the X-force series are the only ones that peak my interest. Do you think they are slacking or doing just fine?

i kinda don't like all new x-men

#8 Posted by jhazzroucher (15501 posts) - - Show Bio

@CuddlyPlane: but uncanny x-force is good, Wolverine and the x-men is good and looking forward for the x-men

#9 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Well all my favorites will fit in one title. My point is I have no idea which X-men title is the flagship title. Is is WATX? All New X-Men? Uncanny? the all female led X-Men? There need to not only be clearly defined levels of importance and impact on the world for the various titles, but also less of them. There's no doubt in my mind that there are simply too many X-Men related titles out there. Pick one or two and get rid of the rest. Avengers is doing fine with a large cast. Not every issue has to have every single Avenger in the spotlight. Single characters out, feature certain ones over others, have stories focused on specific members etc. I don't think one or two X-Men titles would be more convoluted than the mess we have now.

#10 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: The flagship title seems to be All New X-Men from what I've seen.

#11 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: You could say that. I don't think I would argue. It just doesn't seem any more important than the others to me, I don't know. By the way the same thing goes for Avengers. Don't want people thinking I'm being biased here.

#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: Well the whole tons of titles thing is a money making strategy at the end of the day.

Personally I don't care about what's important to the universe so I just go for what's suppose to be a good book.

#13 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

I do agree that there are too many X-Titles out there, at least there are too many X-Titles that has the same characters over and over again. I would like to see more X-Titles that has different characters in each book so that way, everyone can get in the spotlight.

#14 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men always struck me as being difficult to jump into. In the 90's they had a bajillion books and that hasn't changed today. I've read some stories here and there, including the much praised Astonishing series by Whedon. I just haven't been blown away by anything with them.

#15 Posted by Binski (647 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny Avengers,All New X-Men,and Wolverine and the X-Men is pretty good, X-Men Legacy and Uncanny X-Force is good and Cable and the X-Force is alright