X-Men DOFP DVD is a rip off.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-re-release-rogue-scenes/

After finally getting it's fans to come back and support them Fox is using a sketchy ploy to get you to buy the DVD twice. If you want to get the X-Men DOFP DVD you can currently get a couple versions; DVD, Blu-Ray DVD, 3D-Blu-Ray Combo Pack all with extras and some deleted scenes.

Sounds great, but if you want the “Rogue Cut” of X-Men: Days of Future Past, AKA the Director's Cut, you will have to wait till sometime in 2015.

Reason this matters is because this is an extra ten minutes of the movie with a big chunk of the scenes being the Rogue storyline.

This tactic is far to common in the industry and needs to be stopped. I can't hate them for wanting more money but I will hate on them for using my love of the movie to want fans to buy the movie twice.

I don't support this and you shouldn't either with your wallets. We need to demand they simply have all versions of the DVD out at the same time or not at all so we can choose for ourselves.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'd still buy the dvd, I could careless what the company is trying to do!

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Well you're the problem and that's why they like to stick it to us.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: Well you got 3 choices, buy the combo pack, wait until 2015 to buy the directors cut, or b*tch about it. But yeah I'm the problem ;)

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should've waited for The Rogue edition.

Beata

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Exactly, you don't mind companies using your love of the movie and using it against you to consider buying the movie twice. If more people didn't think like you I would have the director's cut right now man. So yeah, what's your problem with being a sucker to a company?

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiver me timbers.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: From my point of view your the problem, your the one who bought the combo pack without knowing if it contained the Rogue scene or not. I did the same thing with The Wolverine dvd, I didn't complain about the company it was my fault for buying the wrong dvd. Why don't you own up to your mistake instead of blaming everyone else.

Beata

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@albusan: From my point of view your the problem, your the one who bought the combo pack without knowing if it contained the Rogue scene or not. I did the same thing with The Wolverine dvd, I didn't complain about the company it was my fault for buying the wrong dvd. Why don't you own up to your mistake instead of blaming everyone else.

@spidey_jackson said:

Beata

You both need to read my post, I never said I bought the DVD. I went to the store to but it and looked at each DVD option and was pissed I couldn't buy the Director's cut version. I'm not the problem because I was refuse to buy what they're selling and demand they make available all the versions so the customer can choose what they want! Sorry for you if you don't care you got tricked with the Wolverine DVD but I would be pissed and refuse to give them my money again.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By HumanRocket

People still buy DVDs? Weird.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it digitally w/o special features and when the "give us more money cut" comes out I'll get it on dvd

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Only if I really like the movie, original downloads are worthless.

@benk111: I considered that option but that's hopeful wishing that Fox will let you buy the Director's cut, but you make a valid point.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ccraft

@albusan: Regardless if you bought the dvd or not, you can wait for the directors cut just like everyone else has too.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just waiting till 2015

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jeepeh

And here I was thinking that the rogue scene was in the deleted scenes and I just forgot to look.

No Caption Provided

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Mongul

@ccraft: He's actually right. You are the problem. By bothing both sets of the DvD for only 10 extra minutes of movie, you're encouraging them to cut minute content from the original package and resell it.

Call of Duty has the same problem. They essentially cut content before they release the game then resell it later for another $60, total. So, all in all, you end up paying $120 for something that should have been $70 at the most.

The way I see it, there are a few options:

(1) Don't buy their content and don't encourage them.

(2) Bring the problem to light so more people are aware, as OP is doing.

(3) Blindly throw money at a company who is manipulating you into doing so with mediocre content you should have had in the first place.

Do you understand?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: The op was only right about one thing, if you don't like how a company does something don't buy their products.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only to notice there isn't a bluray and dvd combo pack? All I find is either dvd by itself or bluray and digital combo.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fox reaction to this thread.
Fox reaction to this thread.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: So do what I do. Wait a month for the Redbox, then wait for the final version.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SmashBrawler

Maybe some people want the Theatrical cut?

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They still make DVD's? Huh - weird.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: sounds look a good idea but that doesn't replace owning the movie and wanting to watch the movie the uncut movie whenever I want.