Writers say an Uncanny Avenger will die.

• 53 results
Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By New_World_Order

Uncanny Avengers#13

RICK REMENDER (W) • Daniel Acuña (A)Cover by John CassadayRagnarök is now!• Against his masters’ orders a deranged and vengeful Sentry kills an Uncanny Avenger! No hoax, no dream and only the first casualty of many!• To allow reinforcements from other eras The Wasp must find and destroy the Twins Tachyon transmitter, but first she’ll have to defeat The Grim Reaper.• Scarlet Witch makes an impossible choice that will define her forever.• Sunfire and Rogue, alone without back up, must defeat the combined might of both Apocalypse Twins or watch the end of our world!32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99So.... with the solicit of this issue here who do you think the Sentry kills...I know he fights Thor but I can't see him killing him off a month before his movie hits.However, with Thor in Infinity being called " God Of War " and that promo art of MarvelNow by Quesada with Thor with those two swords and all these Thor " Battle Variant " covers ( that we haven't seen any yet ) solicited this month got me thinking about Ares.... Plus, there's a Thor statue in the works with that Quesada costume.http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=136788I mean would Marvel really pull that stunt ?? Other than that, I think it could possibly be Simon again or Sunfire.They're not gonna kill Havok, Cap, Rogue or SW, that's for sure

There is a chance it could be Thor, since he sort of did kill him in Seige. :(

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd say Thor or Sunfire.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By New_World_Order

@wolverine08: Well Sunfire is shown in issue 14 preview. I think Thor or Wonder Man. :(

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess is also either Thor or Sunfire. It could be Thor if Sentry decides to actually kill him, or it will be Sunfire, if he tries to intervene and help Thor out in the fight. I don't see Sunfire surviving the attacks from a 'deranged and vengeful' Sentry. I think Wonder Man won't be the victim, because they could decide to keep him around, because of the Reaper and also Scarlet Witch.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chibio

Superstar artist Steve McNiven comes aboard Uncanny Avengers as the “Ragnarok Now!” saga reaches explosive new heights! With the Apocalypse Twins nearing ever-closer towards complete global genocide, the Uncanny Avengers must rally like never before! But as death toll rises with each fallen Avenger, how many how many sacrifices must be made for mankind’s preservation? Relationships are shattered, scores are settled, and nightmares come alive as the Avengers Unity squad faces its darkest hour yet. It all starts here…but is it also where ends? Strap in for the most exhilarating chapter of Rick Remender’s Uncanny Avengers epic yet—brought to the epic scale that only Steve McNiven can provide—as Thor grapples with the Apocalypse Twins and the Wasp confronts the Sentry!

That's the 'Uncanny Avengers #14' preview. Thor won't die and one issue later Wasp will face the Sentry!? So I guess Sunfire will die in 'Uncanny Avenger #13', or maybe it will be Scarlet Witch.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor seems like a good choice since he's a bit responsible, plus he feels really responsible, but he's too popular. Butterfly face (nice one Boomer) seems like good roadkill. Maybe the one who called out wolverine (I forget who it was) for leading a team to kill a child? She could die for putting marvel's cashcow on blast

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Someone will die . . .?

Shocking!

~sarcasm~

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wolverine008
No Caption Provided

This Uncanny Avengers promo art for November. I really think Sunfire will die.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might be Scarlet Witch

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Looks like Scarlet Witch. :(

KaineParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KaineParker

@powerherc said:

Someone will die . . .?

Shocking!

~sarcasm~

I know right. It's not good when readers are desensitized to death in comics when it's become absolutely meaningless.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@wolverine08 said:
No Caption Provided

Wait. Are those Wolverine claw marks?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@wolverine08 said:
No Caption Provided

Wait. Are those Wolverine claw marks?

Yes, those appear to be Logan's claw marks. OK, now I'm really not sure about who is going to die. I think it's a tossup between Sunfire or Scarlet Witch.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@powerherc said:

Someone will die . . .?

Shocking!

~sarcasm~

I know right. It's not good when readers are desensitized to death in comics when it's become absolutely meaningless.

Yep.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch or Havok will die.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#17 god_spawn  Moderator

Oh, not. Not Thor.....again....Seriously. If it's Thor, how many times must he die in less than 2 decades?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhhhhh... Superhero death! So unique! Such hype and excitement!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, not. Not Thor.....again....Seriously. If it's Thor, how many times must he die in less than 2 decades?

His first death in Avenger`s Disassembled was good and meaningful and served a purpose plus it paved the way for the amazing Thor run by JMS. While his death in Fear Itself was utterly pointless and served no purpose other than shock value if this is the case now then it will be the same although I have more confidence in Remender than I do in a writer like Fraction.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

His first death in Avenger`s Disassembled was good and meaningful and served a purpose plus it paved the way for the amazing Thor run by JMS. While his death in Fear Itself was utterly pointless and served no purpose other than shock value if this is the case now then it will be the same although I have more confidence in Remender than I do in a writer like Fraction.

True. I think if Remender does kill Thor, he can probably give him a real death that doesn't make you roll your eyes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

@god_spawn said:

True. I think if Remender does kill Thor, he can probably give him a real death that doesn't make you roll your eyes.

Agreed although I hope it isn`t Thor since he`s my 3rd favourite character.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope its Scarlet Witch or Havok they got really boring this last years

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I think its ok for Thor to die. Just make it incredibly gruesome and violent that no comic book reader would ever believe happen. I mean "The Death of Superman" wasn't that violent. I expect guts spewing and heads rolling, that's something.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Killemall

I find it unlikely Remenders would kill Thor (although i totally want that to happen, Thor killed Sentry now its payback b*tch :p ).

I really, really, really hope Rick writer Sentry the way he should, an uber-powerful badass, way beyond the likes of Thor and Surfer regardless of how powerful they individually might be.

I also love how Remenders always have unexpected things happening in the issue, havent read a lot of comics written by you Rick, but after Uncanny X-Force and now Uncanny Avengers , i am totally in love with your writing :p

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tigerkaya

I find Sentry overrated and nothing more than an over glorified Superman with a cheap tag line of a million suns and the fact writers can't decide what the hell his origin is. Aside from that I'm glad I jumped ship because no need to be part of a pointless death of a teammate to show how desperate the writer is if he can't think up an intense momemt that doesn't involve a death.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Why don't they ever paralyze someone instead of killing them just to bring them back? ( + )

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 god_spawn  Moderator
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 god_spawn  Moderator

@cybrilious4: It's not how he would die, it's the fact Thor has died a couple of times in about 10 years.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mate its not meaningless, Marvel Death can last upto couple of months (or weeks as seen in the best-est of the best story arc every written: Age of Ultron :p).

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Makes sense, a little too early for another round with death I believe for now. Maybe another decade or two, when were like middle aged folk, assuming your a young person right now.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: It's a comic, they all die eventually and get brought back (some notable exceptions of course) :)

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it's not Alex Summers, I like him :/

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: YOU WANT THE SENTRY TO KILL THOR??!! :( You must not be a friend of TGW! I say either Scarlet Witch or Wolverine will die. Scarlet Witch more so, because Wolverine is getting a new series. Also Scarlet Witch is rumored to die, and that preview says a lot. Although if Wonder Man dies it wouldn't suprise me. I just hope it osnt Thor, or I'll draw ugly pictures of Sentrg and post them all over Comicvine! :p :<(

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Wolverine isn't gonna die. His writer, Paul Cornell is starting a huge storyline which sees Logan have his healing factor weakened and have him struggle to get back to the top of his game. I highly doubt Remender would kill him if that event isn't over. I personally think it's either going to be Sunfire or Scarlet Witch.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By New_World_Order

@thundergodswrath: Wolverine isn't gonna die. His writer, Paul Cornell is starting a huge storyline which sees Logan have his healing factor weakened and have him struggle to get back to the top of his game. I highly doubt Remender would kill him if that event isn't over. I personally think it's either going to be Sunfire or Scarlet Witch.

I guess

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Honestly i would really want the Wolverine to die, but Marvel outright promised his infinite comics will be coming out every week. I dont want Scarlet Witch to die, because under Remender, to me she is the most interesting character. Thor can die hehe :p coz then that would also be, for battle forum, a feat worthy of beloved Sentry :)

I like Thor i am a Thor fan, but i like Sentry a whole lot more, perhaps second only to the mad Titan.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Honestly i would really want the Wolverine to die, but Marvel outright promised his infinite comics will be coming out every week. I dont want Scarlet Witch to die, because under Remender, to me she is the most interesting character. Thor can die hehe :p coz then that would also be, for battle forum, a feat worthy of beloved Sentry :)

I like Thor i am a Thor fan, but i like Sentry a whole lot more, perhaps second only to the mad Titan.

I bet Thor will kill Sentry with the Lorn Bolt :)

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it is Scarlet Witch, I'm sure she will reappear later on. They will tie it in to her powers or something else. I'd love for it to be a permanent death. I hope its Sunfire or Havok. Make it a permanent death.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By New_World_Order

If it is Scarlet Witch, I'm sure she will reappear later on. They will tie it in to her powers or something else. I'd love for it to be a permanent death. I hope its Sunfire or Havok. Make it a permanent death.

No one dies permanently is Marvel except Uncle Ben

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lykopis

Remender is presenting Scarlet Witch as someone who believes in mutant/base human harmony and Wonder Man as a pacifist. It's one of these two, unless of course it's that time again when a Summers needs to be sacrificed to get everyone to stop fighting (bye, bye Alex).

As for claws, that could be Daken's claws in the above image. Oh, and ugh -- what is with using Sentry as a mindless psychopath with the power of a million suns (or some such?) You bring the character back only to put him through a similar storyline...ah, wait. This is Marvel.

Carry on.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

They've killed Thor twice in the last decade. Killing him again would just be cliched.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Thor will die sentry is amped and crazy like always but also smarter...

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By acer51

Who cares? the character who dies probably wont stay dead.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ximpossibrux

@acer51 said:

Who cares? the character who dies probably wont stay dead.

This

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you just read UA from today, it will not be Thor, at least by Sentry's hands.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do any of them wear those gloves in particular?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dayvid3 said:

Do any of them wear those gloves in particular?

Considering how often covers don't reflect the contents of the actual comic, I wouldn't look too much into it.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:
No Caption Provided

They will most likely make more posters of other deaths. They have done things like this before.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Chibio

I finally had the chance to read Uncanny Avengers 11 and I think I figured it out! This Avenger is going to die: Wonder Man! In the latest comic we saw him restrained, captured and the Apocalypse Twins were talking about him being a proper power source for Scarlet Witch hex. If Scarlet Witch pulls of one of her spells, then the Apocalypse Twins would probably achieve their goals and the Sentry seems to have other plans, so I can clearly see him killing Wonder Man to cut off Scarlet Witchs energy supply, but at the same time that is the plot hole in the story. Why would they capture Wonder Man to use him as an energy source, if the Sentry is supposed to have the power of a thousand exploding suns? Why don't they just use him as the power supply for Scarlet Witch? But yeah, Wonder Man will die for sure due to him being useful to the Apocalypse twins.

@dayvid3: @wolverine08: @killemall: @thundergodswrath: @green_skaar:

Your opinion on it?