Would you write for your favorite character?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

If given the chance to write a story for your favorite character in a comic, would you do it?

I would be overwhelmed and probably couldn't do it. Well at least not continuity wise. I'd rather do a story based on Superman's jeans and shirt phase, preferably in a cartoon. I could also write a bunch of Superman else worlds.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wouldn't be qualified, even though I have written and had training before. But no, because my favourite characters aren't superheroes, which means they have continuing storylines and I wouldn't want to mess it up. I leave it up to the actual creators ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Sure I'd take a crack at Solomon Grundy.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I really want to but I would never write a continuity wise story of Batman.I don't think I am good enough or have enough good ideas to write Batman.And I don't want to ruin something around him or something from him.

But on the other hand I would gladly write a Spider-Man or Wolverine story.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DoctorXander

I would probably write a silly Batman story so then if it sucked it would be part of its charm. It would be a story about Christmas time and he goes to celebrate with his good friends, the inmates at Arkham

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TifaLockhart

It's my goal in life. I kid you not.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's my goal in life. I kid you not.

I believe it, it's also the goal of like 80% of the people on this site (myself included). Would you work with N52 Lobo or elseworlds?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: is the oldschool universe dead or did they just stop writing about it? I never read Flashpoint.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: is the oldschool universe dead or did they just stop writing about it? I never read Flashpoint.

The way I understand it is that the universes were fused (by Pandora IIRC) together when Flash went back to stop himself from saving his mom. So that altered the DC universe (characters origins and personalities being different). So yes, Post Crisis universe is dead, just like the Silver Age and Golden Age before it.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Well crap. In that case, I'd make an attempt to write one of those Retroactive stories set in the past? Like, Alan Grant had one previously untold tale from the '90's.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like a shot a writing about the Annihilators but then of course I still lack the creative power to be as close as Keith Giffen or Dan Abnett for that. Though for the record it took years for them to come up with Annihilation or Thanos Imperative.

As for DC well I'd like a shot in writing about Deathstroke since that character appeals to me the most among the DC characters and also the Flash.

All in all if an independent publisher is willing I'd like to also get a shot at writing my own mini-series. The main challenge I guess is to motivate myself to start writing. hahahahaha

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Outside_85

Yup, but they better have some guidelines written down before I disappear into the clouds.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, I mean if no one else is gonna write a series based on one obscure character then why not, would it be good another question but I'd like to think I can make it at least presentable.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I would decline. I'm not a very good writer at all. Now if someone offered me a job penciling an issue I might take a crack at it.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I would like to write Spidey or Grifter at Dc. But start with an elseword type book. Just to build my confidence.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, Hulk doesn't deserve that pure mediocrity I call writing.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of-course, whatever I imagine, I write for GL.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I would, but I'd need a lot of prep time to get my ideas organized and outlined.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Guardiandevil83

In all honesty I believe I would. It would be better then what I'm doing now. And I would get a free invite to Comic-Con. And if I sale out I mean, that would be a bonus.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JulieDC

If I didn't have to deal with continuity or editorial interference.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21 JediXMan  Moderator

Sure.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I am not worthy to write Superman. But I could probably write a TMNT, Eternal Warrior or Kick-Ass/Hit-Girl story.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not worthy to write Superman. But I could probably write a TMNT, Eternal Warrior or Kick-Ass/Hit-Girl story.

No, no you are not. I wanna write some fan fic sometime soon, because I have nothing better to do. It's a good way to test my skills :P

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

No, no you are not. I wanna write some fan fic sometime soon, because I have nothing better to do. It's a good way to test my skills :P

Fan fics are nice. I don't like posting my more "official" original stories online. So fan fics are a good way to get opinions on my abilities.

I'm working on a couple... maybe I'll post them soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be more comfortable me writing an out of continuity graphic novel or one shot but I think I've read enough of batman to know what makes his stories good.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Guardiandevil83

All agreed. Graphic, non-continuty, is the safest bet. I would do a Jason Todd as Batman. Like say Bruce had actually died, and Dick for some reason could not take the cowl. Or atleast suffred some big damage. Ask Jason to assume the role temporarily. Tim becomes his Robin, to keep in eye on him. By request from Dick. Because Damien would not be a good idea. Or screw it, have D-mack as his Robin. But then, it might just end up being senseless violence. Unless I had, Jason trying his hardest not to further warp the kid more then he already is.