Would you say Batman comics in general are for little kids?(Poll) (Trying to win a a very dumb argument)

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Neverpraying

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Neverpraying

I made this poll due to a mass amount of people over the years saying that I'm a child for reading Batman comics and I should read something like Iron man, so today was enough and decided to make this poll. >_>

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Good way to traumatize little kids for LIFE!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Unless you're reading Brave and the Bold, anybody who has ever picked up a Batman comic should see that it's not for kids.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Primmaster64

LOL Dress them up at night to fight crime.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By PikminMania
@JediXMan: I do and I'm "not of age", but I'm smart enough to get what is going on, which is why I think movies like 2001: A space Odyssey should be rated pg13 or R instead of G. Yes I know that last part was kind of random
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

obviously the person you're arguing with has never read a Batman comic....plus the fact that he's Iron Man is an adult comic...this person knows very little about comics

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@PikminMania said:
@JediXMan: I do and I'm "not of age", but I'm smart enough to get what is going on, which is why I think movies like 2001: A space Odyssey should be rated pg13 or R instead of G. Yes I know that last part was kind of random
I'm not saying anything against BatB, or that it's for little kids - hey, I read Avengers Academy. I'm just saying that it is the tamest Batman comic, and everything else is dark and violent.
Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Neverpraying

Yes but people say horror movies and M games are watched by little kids all the time so Batman is no different >_>

Which makes me think then what do people think adults are into if such things are only meant for kids? O_O

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By batmanary

Batman is definitely not for kids. Certainly, if you compared comics from the 60s, Iron Man would be more adult-oriented, but right now, that's Batman.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Neverpraying said:

Yes but people say horror movies and M games are watched by little kids all the time so Batman is no different >_>

Which makes me think then what do people think adults are into if such things are only meant for kids? O_O

I don't think little kids should play M rated games or watch horror movies. But if you can handle Saw, I see no reason why you can't handle a Batman comic book.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By NightFang3
@Icarusflies said:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Good way to traumatize little kids for LIFE!

@Primmaster64 said:
LOL Dress them up at night to fight crime.
Are good ways to make sure you have no more kids.
Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Neverpraying

@JediXMan: Eh it's not right that parents let their kids get into violent things. Also it's still stupid that people say that Batman comics are only meant for kids

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By dernman  Online

Have they read the current issues of Detective Comics with James Gordan Jr? They must be really messed up people if they think that should be for kids.

.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By .Longshot.

You know, for kids!
You know, for kids!
@PikminMania: PG13 and R didn't exist back then.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Dernman said:
Have they read the current issues of Detective Comics with James Gordan Jr? They must be really messed up people if they think that should be for kids.
Speaking of, is that a good series? I'm considering it.

@Neverpraying said:

@JediXMan: Eh it's not right that parents let their kids get into violent things. Also it's still stupid that people say that Batman comics are only meant for kids

Two reasons:

1. The Batman TV show with Adam West makes people think that it's a kid's show. So when the people who grew up with it have kids, they think it's all corny fun and games.
2. There is an overall stereotype that comic books are for kids, when in reality they should be viewed the same way as movies, games, etc. - that there are types aimed at kids, but most are for adults.
spideybigtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By spideybigtime

Right now, really no Detective Comic for children. The stuff with James Gordon Jr. is pretty dark.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dernman  Online
@JediXMan: Yes Detective Comics is good but it's over now until DCnu. Don't know if it will be good after that.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Dernman said:
@JediXMan: Yes Detective Comics is good but it's over now until DCnu. Don't know if it will be good after that.
We'll see. I'm about a month behind in my comics, anyway.
Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Neverpraying

Who ever said it is only for kids...I will cut them

Also speaking of detective comics, I need to read comics a lot more, I only know about a large amount and what goes on, but I rarely read them anymore sadly, and should probably get into detective comics.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Neverpraying said:

Who ever said it is only for kids...I will cut them

Also speaking of detective comics, I need to read comics a lot more, I only know about a large amount and what goes on, but I rarely read them anymore sadly, and should probably get into detective comics.

Are you referring to DC Comics, or the series Detective Comics?
Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Neverpraying

@JediXMan: the Batman detective comics o.O

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PikminMania
@.Longshot.: I'm aware of that, but you can still change the rating.
Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Neverpraying

So 3 people of 20 think batman is for little kids only <_<

I think those 3 people are losing this battle, and have never read Batman.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
thephantomstranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Have you read some of the recent Invincible Iron Man, before marvel started Fear Itself, the comic deals with issues that would seem much more mundane to children. One such issue has a large flashback to Tony Stark's trips to AA, which was written excellently in my own opinion, just because there isn't mass amounts of gore or serial killers or raping happening doesn't discount something from being adult. A story about Tony Stark talking about cups of coffee is not meant for kids and in comparison to some more action packed comics would bore kids to death.

In my opinion most comics in general now a days are not aimed at children...accessible to children on the other hand  is a whole new ball game. I'm about to use a movie as an example so don't lacerate me okay? The Dark Knight is insanely accessible to kids, the joker isn't going to give them nightmares and no one ever dies in a visceral way. I only use that as an example because I saw a kid enjoy the Dark Knight and basically treat the psychological horror as nothing. Now for the comic example, Batman Hush, has enough action and barely any gore or visually disturbing things to be accessible to kids. As long as a comic has enough action and is relatively tame in it's visuals any comic can be for kids, this doesn't mean intended for kids mind you just that it can be consumed by both normal reader and kid without long term mental scarring...I'm assuming none of that made sense...why am I posting at 3:15 pm?
Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Loki9876

lol no they are not

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By Gambit1024

Sorry, I chose the wrong option! 

Batman comics have gotten edgier and edgier since Frank Miller wrote TDKR and Year One. No way are the for the kids. You want Batman for kids? Brave and the Bold and Adam West Batman are for you. 

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Actually a good majority of comics aren't really for kids.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By ReVamp

LOL. If any of those comics are for kids, then its definitely Iron Man.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By Vortex13
@PikminMania said:
The PG-13 rating didn't exist when that movie was made.... actually it was made in 68 so the R rating didn't exist then either. I'll have to check but I think it was actually the whole ratings system that was created in 69 so most movies before then weren't properly rated. 

Little bit of movies rating systems trivia, the PG-13 rating did not exist till around 1984/85. The movie that prompted it's creation was Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, which was rated PG but the ratings board felt it was a little heavy for a PG movie but not quite an R. And low and behold a new rating was created to make a happy medium between the two, The PG-13 rating!!! (cue angles halleluiah choir). The following Indiana Jones movie (and what should have remained the last) was rated PG-13.
Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Pizawle

Goodness, no. Some of the darkest work from the Big 2.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PikminMania
@thephantomstranger: @thephantomstranger said: @Vortex13:
@danhimself: Have you read some of the recent Invincible Iron Man, before marvel started Fear Itself, the comic deals with issues that would seem much more mundane to children. One such issue has a large flashback to Tony Stark's trips to AA, which was written excellently in my own opinion, just because there isn't mass amounts of gore or serial killers or raping happening doesn't discount something from being adult. A story about Tony Stark talking about cups of coffee is not meant for kids and in comparison to some more action packed comics would bore kids to death. In my opinion most comics in general now a days are not aimed at children...accessible to children on the other hand  is a whole new ball game. I'm about to use a movie as an example so don't lacerate me okay? The Dark Knight is insanely accessible to kids, the joker isn't going to give them nightmares and no one ever dies in a visceral way. I only use that as an example because I saw a kid enjoy the Dark Knight and basically treat the psychological horror as nothing. Now for the comic example, Batman Hush, has enough action and barely any gore or visually disturbing things to be accessible to kids. As long as a comic has enough action and is relatively tame in it's visuals any comic can be for kids, this doesn't mean intended for kids mind you just that it can be consumed by both normal reader and kid without long term mental scarring...I'm assuming none of that made sense...why am I posting at 3:15 pm?
See, this is what I mean when I say 2001 could could still be pg-13 or R. You can change the rating of a movie you know.
Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sideslash

No. End of.

BATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BATPANEXE

depends on the age and the title in question.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WW-Fan

i think most comics today are not for litte kids lol

-The Renegade-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#36  Edited By -The Renegade-

I hate when people think we read things for kids... Not just Batman, but the majority of the character's books out there are not for kids. Of course some titles are, but don't assume that just because they're super hero comics that they are all made for kids. I'm sure the people who think that sh***t never even opened a comic book in there lives !

The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By The_Warlord

A few of Batman´s major storylines are few of the darkest things I´ve ever read

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Billy Batson

The choice number one but I voted for B. 

BB

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vortex13
@PikminMania said:
@thephantomstranger: @thephantomstranger said: @Vortex13:
just because there isn't mass amounts of gore or serial killers or raping happening doesn't discount something from being adult.
See, this is what I mean when I say 2001 could could still be pg-13 or R. You can change the rating of a movie you know.
I wasn't saying it couldn't be a PG-13 or R rating, just giving some movie trivia. I wasn't really stating any opinion at all. And yes you can change the rating of a movie but for some reason they people who are in charge of that stuff don't for the most part. It is also a good idea to keep in mind that the rating systems worked differently back in the day. And I'm sure this isn''t the case of your intent but the wording for some reason came across accusatory to me.
Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Most batman comics aren't for little kids.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Deadgod

The most comics nowadays aren't for kids even if they don't have sex or violence, they still deal with mature themes & issues. Its just stupid stereotype that general public have maintained from a long time.

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If someone tells you Batman is for kids, buy them Death of the Family by Scott Snyder and see what they think.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@deadgod said:

The most comics nowadays aren't for kids even if they don't have sex or violence, they still deal with mature themes & issues. Its just stupid stereotype that general public have maintained from a long time.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This is not a poll. You lied to me.

And comics are not just for kids any more than video games are for kids. Batman hasn't been "all ages" for a while and that holds especially true with the recent stuff, or did you miss the recent trilogy of Batman films?

Avatar image for the_master_of_darkness
The_Master_of_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hang on, we'll find out.

*Hands My Little Brother My Batman Comics And Tells Him To Read Them*

*Waits*

Ok, so the amount of crying I'm hearing is telling me no.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol So your childish for reading about a guy who could almost actually exist, but you wouldn't be if you read about a guy who holds tech we may not be able to see even partially for the next 60-70+ years? You were clearly arguing with a movie fan and not comic book one.