Would you read a Cartoon Network Action Show Universe comic?

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

If a decent writer was given the reign of a comic (Perhaps from IDW and their promise earlier in the year to start producing Cartoon Network universe comic books) that focused on Cartoon Network's action shows partially reinvented (Say, a book with Rex, Ben, Zak, June, the PPG's and Dexter) for a shared universe, would people read it?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Sure.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

IDW is coming out with a Ben 10 in November

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Well there's a online manga comic that did that. Called Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: @the_stegman: I have read it, but it was thinking more along comic book lines as oppose to Manga, and I wasn't aware of that. Remind me to check it out in November. I mean, Sonic managed to last over 10 years, and still is going on, so its equally as possible from a publisher where you can in fact swear.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krspacet: hey if my little pony can get a comic Ben 10 deserves one too.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

It could be interesting to have a shared universe, but it could be a little tricky with the varying art styles.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: In comic verse, it would all be possible with the right dosage of retcons. As of my last venture into the CN verse; Ben 10 shares a a world with the Saturdays, in which magic resides as well as great mad science. With those areas for including Juniper Lee and Dexter, the tricky part would be the PPG's and Rex.

But then again, if this comic is an alternate universe type thing, they can play around with the world in a way to make them all fit. I'd kill to write it, though I'd have to find someone to draw it. I myself think some redesigning might not hurt; particularly for allinging art styles, and possibly making the characters older and cooler. Like perhaps having Juniper Lee's hair stripe glow like Shazam's bolt does now a days

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@krspacet: I imagine it would be possible with some work, if an alligned art style that most people could accept could be created. Outside of dedicated shared comics, I suppose characters could just be drawn in another style to fit. Like if Ben 10 turned up in a Powerpuff Girls comic, he could just be drawn like one of them or something.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Twentyfive

Why not? They said they would return to Generator Rex as well, I hope they take that seriously, and it becomes it's own thing.

What I mean is that I don't want it to be so blatantly obvious that this was a kid's show.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twentyfive: I agree; a comic series that does an alternate version of a show's world, with all the fridge horror's of their shows taken into full consideration. After all, E.V.O's and the Omnitrix are kind of disturbing when you really think about them too much