Posted by russellmania77 (15746 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Would you mind if new 52 was dropped? (90 votes)

Yes 54%
No 43%

Would u mind if the new 52 was dropped and dc continued as if it never happened?

#1 Posted by Knightfall225 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think the New 52 just requires a little editing to characters origin stories thats all

#2 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have mixed feelings. The Worst thing about New 52 is that they didnt really take advantage of rebooting the whole universe. Basically, its been a wasted opportunity so far.

#3 Edited by thespideyguy (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

I started reading DC when the New 52 happened.

#4 Posted by ccraft (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think the New 52 just requires a little editing to characters origin stories thats all

Yeah I agree.

#5 Posted by lilben42 (2593 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I don't really care if they dropped the whole new 52. But I do want to see how some story lines wrap up. And I would be very annoyed if they didn't get to finish them.

#6 Posted by TexasDingo (241 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like the idea, but they should keep the costume redesigns.

#7 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I would care simply because several of my friends who only read comics every now and again try to argue with me over stuff and I get to simply say to them "Doesn't matter, it didn't happen. New 52 B!TCH3S"

#8 Posted by lightsout (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh how the world is changing..all of a sudden there's all these people that like the new52. I would welcome it being undone. However I'd want some tweaked version of pre-52 continuity (ie: all the classic teams weren't together at the very end, Alan Scott was dead, etc) not how it was riiiight before it rebooted.

#9 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2408 posts) - - Show Bio

I also started to read DC when New52 started so I wouldn't like it. But if they did drop New52 I would still continue to read DC. I've become a big fan of the DCU.

#10 Posted by danhimself (22683 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! If next Wednesday all the DC books were solicited as normal but instead all of the books that hit the shelves were just continuing where they left off PreFlashpoint then you would hear me screaming with glee all over the world

#11 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DC would lose respect for going back now. As much as I love pre-52 DC. Because Tim Drake was amazing in it. I still would rather them continue with this one.

#12 Edited by Xwraith (20505 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love Lemire's Green Arrow, I still prefer the original version.

#13 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the originals, like @xwraith said, I liked the original GA better with the beard and hat or hood or whatever. My biggest concern is Power girl, turning one of the most powerful leaders and women in comics into a brat. Well done DC!

#14 Posted by JetiiMitra (8784 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. It doesn't matter how many people don't like it, it's way too soon to reboot the entire universe again, or to declare the New 52 some kind of two-year exploration of an elseworld. For the record, I like New 52 stuff.

#15 Posted by Jdd895 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't see how they would do it. DC saying that the past two years don't account for anything doesn't make sense to me.

#16 Posted by dagmar_merrill (10024 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the New 52.

#17 Posted by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@knightfall225 said:

Yeah I agree.

#18 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

Going back now would be stupid. Then none of the stuff in the New 52 would matter. I see nothing wrong with the reboot. Gaps will be slowly filled and the universe will be more defined in the future. By that time, it will be deemed "normal."

#19 Posted by TheWolverine04 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

Going back now would be stupid. Then none of the stuff in the New 52 would matter. I see nothing wrong with the reboot. Gaps will be slowly filled and the universe will be more defined in the future. By that time, it will be deemed "normal."

#20 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewolverine04: haha what? over time DC has to answer certain questions and bring back missing characters like Wally or Donna

#21 Edited by The_Tree (7864 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! If next Wednesday all the DC books were solicited as normal but instead all of the books that hit the shelves were just continuing where they left off PreFlashpoint then you would hear me screaming with glee all over the world

Same here. I'd be ecstatic.

#22 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@danhimself said:

Same here. I'd be ecstatic.

me too.

#23 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even a little .

#24 Posted by Bierschneeman (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

so you are suggesting two scenarios, one where we take the Reboot, and Reboot it again, causing further confusion and the other where we give them a chance to rectify some of the worse comics, and keep the good ones (Batman is good for instance would you really want to reboot that.....AGAIN)

#25 Edited by JulieDC (1049 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if what they are replacing it with isn't worse...remember, it's the same people involved, they made poor decisions the first time, they'll do it again. New 52 is just a symptom of a bigger problem with the powers that be.

#26 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Going back now would look bad on the company.

#27 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6289 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind cause the continuity issues and character agings would be fine again.

#28 Posted by russellmania77 (15746 posts) - - Show Bio

wow i cant believe it is tied. both sides feel strong about their opinion.

anyways, OUR KIDS WILL NOT KNOW THAT SUPERMAN WORE UNDIES ON THE OUTSIDE>!

#29 Edited by addikhabbo (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the New 52. Stay!

#30 Edited by RustyRoy (13542 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

Not even a little .

This. Btw why is it showing 47-50%, where are the other 3%?

#31 Posted by MarcosVergara14 (469 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be really angry to had pick up all that issues of the new continuitt for going back and wasted my money

#32 Edited by JediXMan (31235 posts) - - Show Bio

It would suck for people who actually kept up with the New 52, but for those of us that don't like it and haven't read too much, it would be a welcome change.

#33 Posted by Mucklefluga (2609 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes i would mind.

#34 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be so stupid. Good thing its never gonna happen.

#35 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (11727 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespideyguy: Its the reason Im a comic book fan. Gave me a place to start and quickly started to love this reckless young Superman in Action who then became more profesional in Superman. I buy like 17 (about to be 20) DC titles an only 2 Marvel titles.

#36 Posted by sinestro_GL (3282 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I would mind a lot.

I appreciate the effort that DC made to try to bring in new readers, though I think the execution could have been better.

Overall, I'm fine with the new 52.

#37 Posted by longbowhunter (7498 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if two wrongs make a right in this instance. The reboot certainly distanced long time fans while at the same time catering to new readers. If the New 52 dissolved it would do the same to all those who jumped on in 2011. That being said I'd love to see return of pre New 52 Red Robin series and Ollie aged up and bearded again. The idea behind New 52 wasn't bad, just it's execution.

#38 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

I started reading DC when the New 52 happened.

#39 Posted by MaccyD (4922 posts) - - Show Bio

That is just as bad as the new 52 rebooting the DC universe.

#40 Posted by sync1 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally love the new 52. Outfits are much better.