Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll Would YOU go to war? (42 votes)

Yes 24%
No 71%
I Don't Know 7%

I've met a lot of people during my time on this planet and if you ask most of them if they would go to war, they would say yes within a heart beat.

WW3 Has just broken out between a number of countries.

And your country has just called you up for war.

you can either go or not.

do not think of patriotism (Fighting for your country or if you are british, fighting for queen & country)

This is war, there is an extremely high chance that YOU COULD DIE OR GAIN LIFE ALTERING INJURIES,

This thread is not meant for the faint of hearted as graphic videos will ensue showing you the real victims of war. (DO NOT LOOK BELOW IF YOU HAVE A FEINT HEART)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, after watching those three videos, would you go to war?

• 
Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If I have to, yes and if I don't have to, than no.

Renzoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i will only go to war if the other side doesn't want piece. because some people just want destruction.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill end up in the Navy servicemen, due to my strong allergies

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:

@citizensentry said:

@bruxae said:

You can't really ask me to disregard patriotism without elaborating since that's pretty much what the answer to your question is going to boil down too, do I care enough or not?

No what I mean by disregarding patriotism, is completely ignore your country of birth and think about yourself.

You're ignoring yourself if you don't pay attention to personal motivation beyond oneself. It almost seems like you're trying to present a situation where there isn't a reason to go to war beyond going to war for wars sake so the only thing is to logically think only of yourself. Though in the real world there are reasons to fight and take that risk. Some could say it's selfish to only think about yourself.

You can't just say WW3 broke out. It's more complicated than that. You have to give the who, what, when, where, and why.

I'm not going to do that. Because if I did. people would vote purely by bias.

The question as is now is inherently bias in itself when you place restrictions to disregard things. Like I said it gives the impression it does. You don't want to give the five W's fine, but don't create a situation that takes away motivations then post a videos purposely trying to lead the voter in one direction. That shows way more bias in the question. The VOTER is allowed to be bias because it's their reasoning and view you're asking for. It's you who are not allowed to be bias.

The reason I'm not posting the 5 w's is because some people may have a certain dislike towards a certain country, religion, race, way of life etc.....

So? What's the purpose of asking the question if you're not going to allow their motivations and things that drive them? Also not all the w's would lead to that. Further more that doesn't explain your op purposely leading the voter to answer one way. With both the disregard of motivations and showing of those videos you're purposely leading the voter to answer one way by creating a bias OP. You're trying to make people say no by leading them to only think of themselves because of what could happen to them.

Well considering that you are the only one who seems to have a problem with it, I'll leave it as is.

He is not, he put in words what I was thinking when I wrote my original comment. I just chose not to argue about it. Anyway, yeah, this question is pointless since you are not allowing a reason for war - yet you want to know if we would go into one. It's basically just asking if we would be willing to get mutilated and killed for no reason.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I honestly would never want to take the life of another human being so I'm gonna have to say no. Of course I have a knee injury which would prevent me from joining the military anyway so its kind of a moot point.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even without watching these videos I wouldn't go to war. Let's say in a few years me and my gf that i have been dating for quite some time, decide to get married and have kids. Now I'm not only risking my life, but my childs life. I'm an American and I've been asked this question before. I love my country dearly I really do. But whenI was asked this question I immediately just think about how my mom would react if someone came to the door to tell her that I had been killed in action. She would be devastated. I just can't live with myself knowing theres a chance that could happen.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I've deployed twice to Afghanistan. Been in...let's say several combat engagements. I'm still active duty.

So, yes, I would. I have. And will again.

But I don't knock people who wouldn't. The world needs soldiers and civilians alike.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I didn't have a family to take care of I would serve my country if need be. I would prefer to be a fighter pilot.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Thanks for your service bro Im serious you guys don't get enough respect for what you do.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha :D.. NOPE.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@gokuss4z: No. We get too much. I'm just a guy doing a job. No different than a teacher or business person.

But thank you.

FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

WHY DO THEY ALWAYS SEND THE POOR?! WHY DON'T PRESIDENTS FIGHT THE WAR!?

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By gokuss4z

@frankenkong: Well we shouldn't send good presidents to war but I could care less about Obama put him on the front lines(with out a weapon).

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bruxae said:

@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:

@citizensentry said:

@bruxae said:

You can't really ask me to disregard patriotism without elaborating since that's pretty much what the answer to your question is going to boil down too, do I care enough or not?

No what I mean by disregarding patriotism, is completely ignore your country of birth and think about yourself.

You're ignoring yourself if you don't pay attention to personal motivation beyond oneself. It almost seems like you're trying to present a situation where there isn't a reason to go to war beyond going to war for wars sake so the only thing is to logically think only of yourself. Though in the real world there are reasons to fight and take that risk. Some could say it's selfish to only think about yourself.

You can't just say WW3 broke out. It's more complicated than that. You have to give the who, what, when, where, and why.

The question as is now is inherently bias in itself when you place restrictions to disregard things. Like I said it gives the impression it does. You don't want to give the five W's fine, but don't create a situation that takes away motivations then post a videos purposely trying to lead the voter in one direction. That shows way more bias in the question. The VOTER is allowed to be bias because it's their reasoning and view you're asking for. It's you who are not allowed to be bias.

The reason I'm not posting the 5 w's is because some people may have a certain dislike towards a certain country, religion, race, way of life etc.....

So? What's the purpose of asking the question if you're not going to allow their motivations and things that drive them? Also not all the w's would lead to that. Further more that doesn't explain your op purposely leading the voter to answer one way. With both the disregard of motivations and showing of those videos you're purposely leading the voter to answer one way by creating a bias OP. You're trying to make people say no by leading them to only think of themselves because of what could happen to them.

Well considering that you are the only one who seems to have a problem with it, I'll leave it as is.

He is not, he put in words what I was thinking when I wrote my original comment. I just chose not to argue about it. Anyway, yeah, this question is pointless since you are not allowing a reason for war - yet you want to know if we would go into one. It's basically just asking if we would be willing to get mutilated and killed for no reason.

Me as well. I can't answer the question because I need to understand what I am going to war over? For instance, is Canada going to war over something I don't agree with, on a fundamental level? Like, going to Afghanistan was understandable (not really a war, but just for the sake of this thread I'm throwing it in here) and yet we didn't join in the invasion of Iraq. I wouldn't say WOOHOO, let's get'em to represent my country in any war. Who does? I'm talking in an international playing field, not one where hostilities have been encouraged historically.

I can't answer the question because like stated above, the way it is now, it's like asking if I am willing to get blown to bits because I happen to be a citizen of a country who entered a war I don't know the reasons for. Makes no sense.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

hell yeah :P

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@bruxae said:

@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:

@citizensentry said:

@bruxae said:

Me as well. I can't answer the question because I need to understand what I am going to war over? For instance, is Canada going to war over something I don't agree with, on a fundamental level? Like, going to Afghanistan was understandable (not really a war, but just for the sake of this thread I'm throwing it in here) and yet we didn't join in the invasion of Iraq. I wouldn't say WOOHOO, let's get'em to represent my country in any war. Who does? I'm talking in an international playing field, not one where hostilities have been encouraged historically.

I can't answer the question because like stated above, the way it is now, it's like asking if I am willing to get blown to bits because I happen to be a citizen of a country who entered a war I don't know the reasons for. Makes no sense.

Ok let's say that your country has been ordered to repay it's debt. Your country says no, and the country who demanded the money is threating military action, your country then initiates war with said country. And your countries allies are then brought into the war. thus initiating WW3

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@citizensentry said:

Ok let's say that your country has been ordered to repay it's debt. Your country says no, and the country who demanded the money is threating military action, your country then initiates war with said country. And your countries allies are then brought into the war. thus initiating WW3

Well, that's really difficult. I guess I would go to war since what makes me any more important than my fellow Canadian? In your scenario, I'm imagining the other country has decided to throw away previously agreed time allowances for the repayment of its loan, which would put them in the wrong and so, yes, I would go to war for my country. Our allies wouldn't align with us if it weren't for the unfairness because if the reverse were true and it was a matter of Canada reneging on its financial responsibilities, we'd be alone in our fight against this imaginary country.

Plus, to complicate things, Canada wouldn't (couldn't) ever declare war on another country without the United States agreeing. This is the truth.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Awwh hell no.

The prospect of losing a body part or never seeing the light of day again terrifies me. If I do end up going to war I'd be scared of ending up being one of the first casualties..