Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll Would YOU go to war? (42 votes)

Yes 24%
No 71%
I Don't Know 7%

I've met a lot of people during my time on this planet and if you ask most of them if they would go to war, they would say yes within a heart beat.

WW3 Has just broken out between a number of countries.

And your country has just called you up for war.

you can either go or not.

do not think of patriotism (Fighting for your country or if you are british, fighting for queen & country)

This is war, there is an extremely high chance that YOU COULD DIE OR GAIN LIFE ALTERING INJURIES,

This thread is not meant for the faint of hearted as graphic videos will ensue showing you the real victims of war. (DO NOT LOOK BELOW IF YOU HAVE A FEINT HEART)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, after watching those three videos, would you go to war?

• 
vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm not physically fit.. But I will enlist in the army as a medic or support.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you seriously think about your answer & watch the videos?

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Navy or Air Force will try to draft me due to my education level, but I will feign poor physical health and to be given a desk job instead.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Navy or Air Force will try to draft me due to my education level, but I will feign poor physical health and to be given a desk job instead.

Ok, let's just say, that you are both in prime health, then what.

You have no excuse to either join nor decline.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mandarinestro

@citizensentry: Since you gave us an option not to serve then I'm not going. The front lines are dangerous and I've seen and heard dozens of stories of dead or crippled soldiers. I don't even have any excuse other than my mental state of being.

I would consider serving under normal circumstances, but maybe as a code cypher for the Navy or a radar monitor in an Air Force base. No job is safe in the military but that's as far as I can stomach. It's stupid to consider military desk jobs as not serving.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@citizensentry: Under our country's law, any citizen (male or female) in legal age should join the military in case war broke. So yes, I don't have a choice but to serve the military in case there is a war.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@citizensentry: Under our country's law, any citizen (male or female) in legal age should join the military in case war broke. So yes, I don't have a choice but to serve the military in case there is a war.

That's not much different from where I live.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Transformers1024

Nope. No, no, no, no, no, no, nope. Today's wars would be fought over something stupid anyways. Not a chance I would willingly put my ass on the line. Not worth it. Hell, I doubt I'd go even if it WAS something big. I would much rather remain here and continue to further my education and meet my extensive career goals.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are some people on this site who have already been in the military actually.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have lived through one so no.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

In the face of world war and the possibility of ruining the society I quite like living in... yes, and I consider it an obligation to defend it, I don't want to live in societies like those of Putins, Assads, mulla's or preachers dictating what I can or cant do.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@citizensentry: I've already been so yes. Also nobody from the UK actually fights for Queen & Country

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if i'm going to die anyway why not

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't really ask me to disregard patriotism without elaborating since that's pretty much what the answer to your question is going to boil down too, do I care enough or not?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: I've already been so yes. Also nobody from the UK actually fights for Queen & Country

I always thought that was the sought of calling card.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

You can't really ask me to disregard patriotism without elaborating since that's pretty much what the answer to your question is going to boil down too, do I care enough or not?

No what I mean by disregarding patriotism, is completely ignore your country of birth and think about yourself.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By dernman

@citizensentry said:

@bruxae said:

No what I mean by disregarding patriotism, is completely ignore your country of birth and think about yourself.

You're ignoring yourself if you don't pay attention to personal motivation beyond oneself. It almost seems like you're trying to present a situation where there isn't a reason to go to war beyond going to war for wars sake so the only thing is to logically think of is you own safety. Though in the real world there are reasons to fight and take that risk. Some could say it's selfish to only think about yourself.

You can't just say WW3 broke out. It's more complicated than that. You have to give the who, what, when, where, and why.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@citizensentry said:

@bruxae said:

You're ignoring yourself if you don't pay attention to personal motivation beyond oneself. It almost seems like you're trying to present a situation where there isn't a reason to go to war beyond going to war for wars sake so the only thing is to logically think only of yourself. Though in the real world there are reasons to fight and take that risk. Some could say it's selfish to only think about yourself.

You can't just say WW3 broke out. It's more complicated than that. You have to give the who, what, when, where, and why.

I'm not going to do that. Because if I did. people would vote purely by bias.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dernman
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:

@citizensentry said:

@bruxae said:

You're ignoring yourself if you don't pay attention to personal motivation beyond oneself. It almost seems like you're trying to present a situation where there isn't a reason to go to war beyond going to war for wars sake so the only thing is to logically think only of yourself. Though in the real world there are reasons to fight and take that risk. Some could say it's selfish to only think about yourself.

The question as is now is inherently bias in itself when you place restrictions to disregard things. Like I said it gives the impression it does. You don't want to give the five W's fine, but don't create a situation that takes away motivations then post a videos purposely trying to lead the voter in one direction. That shows way more bias in the question. The VOTER is allowed to be bias because it's their reasoning and view you're asking for. It's you who are not allowed to be bias.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:

@citizensentry said:

@bruxae said:

The question as is now is inherently bias in itself when you place restrictions to disregard things. Like I said it gives the impression it does. You don't want to give the five W's fine, but don't create a situation that takes away motivations then post a videos purposely trying to lead the voter in one direction. That shows way more bias in the question. The VOTER is allowed to be bias because it's their reasoning and view you're asking for. It's you who are not allowed to be bias.

The reason I'm not posting the 5 w's is because some people may have a certain dislike towards a certain country, religion, race, way of life etc.....

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dernman
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:

@citizensentry said:

@bruxae said:

The reason I'm not posting the 5 w's is because some people may have a certain dislike towards a certain country, religion, race, way of life etc.....

So? What's the purpose of asking the question if you're not going to allow their motivations and things that drive them? Also not all the w's would lead to that. Further more that doesn't explain your op purposely leading the voter to answer one way. With both the disregard of motivations and showing of those videos you're purposely leading the voter to answer one way by creating a bias OP. You're trying to make people say no by leading them to only think of themselves because of what could happen to them.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:

@citizensentry said:

@bruxae said:

So? What's the purpose of asking the question if you're not going to allow their motivations and things that drive them? Also not all the w's would lead to that. Further more that doesn't explain your op purposely leading the voter to answer one way. With both the disregard of motivations and showing of those videos you're purposely leading the voter to answer one way by creating a bias OP. You're trying to make people say no by leading them to only think of themselves because of what could happen to them.

Well considering that you are the only one who seems to have a problem with it, I'll leave it as is.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not.

All ive ever been good for is fighting but at least I will fight for what I believe in.

I dont like being told what to do when it comes to fighting, i dont like propaganda, i dont like being kept in the dark, i dont like fighting someone else's fight, i dont like guilt-recruitments...

Also these kinds of threads are poised to go bad at some point...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:
@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:

@citizensentry said:

@bruxae said:

Well considering that you are the only one who seems to have a problem with it, I'll leave it as is.

It doesn't change the truth though does it?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not.

All ive ever been good for is fighting but at least I will fight for what I believe in.

I dont like being told what to do when it comes to fighting, i dont like propaganda, i dont like being kept in the dark, i dont like fighting someone else's fight, i dont like guilt-recruitments...

Also these kinds of threads are poised to go bad at some point...

And the second it does, I'll delete it.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman:

Also the reason I'm not showing any glorification of war is because their isn't any.

Men sign up for the Army, Navy, RAF.

some come back

some don't.

there is no glittery side of war. There is only death be it yours or the brother that was standing next to you.

or the person you were firing your weapon at who was 200m away in a spider hole.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dernman

@citizensentry:

Also the reason I'm not showing any glorification of war is because their isn't any.

some come back

some don't.

there is no glittery side of war. There is only death be it yours or the brother that was standing next to you.

or the person you were firing your weapon at who was 200m away in a spider hole.

Who's asking for you to show glorification? This is showing your bias and leading again. Most people don't go to war for glory. Some have legitimate reasons, some not so much but to ignore it all and say it's all about glory is being disingenuous. You're trying to oversimplify the reality to make everyone say nya war is bad. NO sane person likes war but they know sometimes it's necessary or unavoidable. Again why ask the question if you don't want their answer?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@citizensentry:

some come back

some don't.

Who's asking for you to show glorification? This is showing your bias and leading again. Most people don't go to war for glory. Some have legitimate reasons, some not so much but to ignore it all and say it's all about glory is being disingenuous. You're trying to oversimplify the reality to make everyone say nya war is bad. NO sane person likes war but they know sometimes it's necessary or unavoidable. Again why ask the question if you don't want their answer?

You obviously don't know what I mean by glorification of war so i'll stop talking to you now...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dernman

@citizensentry said:

@dernman said:

@citizensentry:

some come back

some don't.

You obviously don't know what I mean by glorification of war so i'll stop talking to you now...

You're obviously ignoring the truth because you don't like facing it and can't talk your way out.

Avatar image for street_level_hero
Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Wars are, and always have been, used by rich elitists to have the poor fight as their pawns in order to control the worlds resources and rule others.If the rich and the politicians sons and daughters were made to fight there would never be a single war. Bank on that.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Even if I were fit and weren't chicken, I'd have to believe in the war I was fighting

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dernman
@amazingwebhead said:

Even if I were fit and weren't chicken, I'd have to believe in the war I was fighting

I respect your honesty. I don't look down on someone being "chicken". Maybe it's because I've never been tested and wise enough to know that is the only way to know. (Edit: that sounded more arrogant than I meant it.) Still it's not an easy thing to admit. It's also understandable.

Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@street_level_hero: So if the "rich" started a war to kill or enslave you, you wouldn't fight back?

Your initial scenario was that WW3 had broken out in "several countries". Those were the parameters that my prior post referred to. Feels like you are trolling for arguments.

Rich elitists start wars to kill and enslave us humans constantly, they simply pit people against one another like chess pieces. Right now they are trying to engender a color war in this country as we speak and are training the police to be blood-thirtsy and another branch of the military so they can implement martial law.

Make no mistake: rich elitists run this country (and the world);

Loading Video...

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@dernman said:
@amazingwebhead said:

I respect your honesty. I don't look down on someone being "chicken". Maybe it's because I've never been tested and wise enough to know that is the only way to know. (Edit: that sounded more arrogant than I meant it.) Still it's not an easy thing to admit. It's also understandable.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you mean country of birth then no,i idea hated life in Jamaica,its nothing I'd really fight for.

If you meant current country then no again, i don't love America that much to die for it

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dernman
@street_level_hero said:

@dernman said:

@street_level_hero: So if the "rich" started a war to kill or enslave you, you wouldn't fight back?

Your initial scenario was that WW3 had broken out in "several countries". Those were the parameters that my prior post referred to. Feels like you are trolling for arguments.

Rich elitists start wars to kill and enslave us humans constantly, they simply pit people against one another like chess pieces.

Loading Video...

I deleted the question because it never came out the way I wanted.

I'm not the OP. I didn't make that scenario.

Nevertheless I was making the point of using your statement and asking you if war came looking for you /others. If some rich elitist decided to stop possy footing it around and make you/other their slaves, kill those who didn't agree. Would you fight back? A separate question is would you fight back if it meant aligning yourself with another rich elitist to prevent that?

I'm not arguing with you. The way I presented my question doesn't contradict elitists start wars. In fact it plays along for arguments sake.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: would one of the points of going to war would be that you grew up to it because that's essentially what i grew up to.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dernman

@kyrees: Can you give me more context because there are more than one way to see the question?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kyrees

@dernman: i grew up on what is essentially a long continuing skirmishes (it's nearing 40 years now) between rebels and government with both sides being having their own good and bad points on their campaign. my hometown has mostly been a staging point and a battleground of such skirmishes though most of it don't get reported to the media. during my teenage years, i was deadset on joining the effort on the rebel side for the longest time till i found a life changing event and left my hometown for good

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Jolee says the truth!!!

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I value both my life and my ideals.I'm never going to war,and anyone who wishes to go to war or serve an army is an idiot or has suicidal tendencies.Killing people is no joke and will leave you scarred for life,even if you don't admit it,that is,if you are a good person.Are you?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dernman

@kyrees: I can't say it's a point for going to war but it's certainly something that has a great chance to pull someone into either side. I don't believe being born into war is enough. There has to be more. You need to believe in what your fighting for and encourage those fighting by your side to keep to a standard. You don't want to become a monster just to fight a monster. I can't stand on a soap box and tell you the right thing to do. I don't know you or the details of your situation. If your not satisfied with either side yet still want to help, make your voice heard. Try to influence the minds of everyone that way. Leaving is also a perfectly acceptable and sane reaction.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@street_level_hero said:

@dernman said:

Rich elitists start wars to kill and enslave us humans constantly, they simply pit people against one another like chess pieces.

Loading Video...

I deleted the question because it never came out the way I wanted.

I'm not the OP. I didn't make that scenario.

Nevertheless I was making the point of using your statement and asking you if war came looking for you /others. If some rich elitist decided to stop possy footing it around and make you/other their slaves, kill those who didn't agree. Would you fight back? A separate question is would you fight back if it meant aligning yourself with another rich elitist to prevent that?

I'm not arguing with you. The way I presented my question doesn't contradict elitists start wars. In fact it plays along for arguments sake.

My mistake on confusing you with the op.

The elitists are already making people slaves and killing those who don't agree with them, and elitists only align themselves with other elitists so anyone fighting anyone else who is the perceived enemy is just playing into their hands. They create and perpetuate wars to profit from them and keep us at each others throats and we will never be fighting the true enemy because at this point they have complete control of the planet.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fit for it and all but why would I want to? It's not like I'm going to make a difference.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

#50  Edited By Guru_Crack

I would never go to war for one reason. Propaganda on both sides make everyone feel they are doing the right thing. So worse case scenario is you kill a innocent civilian (like yourself) on the opposing side thinking hes in the right. Thats why I don';t have alot of love for soldiers. Only people I would consider killing for is family/friends.