• 99 results
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

i have always wondered what it would be like if the two companies merged completely. i would like to see their different takes on each others characters. i would like to see the new ideas they could come up with and new situations they could put characters in.

i know this has basically already been done but i mean like a 52 week scenerio (only because neither will ever buy out the other and they will neve merge)

basically have the Dc multiverse end up being part of the marvel ultra verse or vise versa. I cant be the only one that has thought of this.

what are your thoughts?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

What would be the point of that?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AtPhantom

In some ways I'd like that to happen, but in some not so much.

I think it would be fun to see Dc and Marvel characters complement each other, But a lot of both universes would have to be restructured in order for that to work.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

No no please no. I admit I'm a sucker for alot of DC characters. BUT I'm mainly a marvel girl. I guess its because that Marvel's characters are more realistic as has been stated many times. Although if Marvel took over DC I'd love to see how they would make the DC characters more appealing to the Marvel Fanbase.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I love both Marvel and DC characters and if the Universes were merged then I believe that both Universes would lose those things that make them special. They need to be seperate and enjoyed seperately.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Calvin
DEGRAAF said:
"what are your thoughts?"
I literally drool over the idea.

Maid of Might meets the Friendly Neighborhood
I would like that for a while every character forgot that the two worlds were ever apart.
We could have Peter and Clark working together at the same newspaper. Superman could put Sentry back in his place. And we could have the most kiss-ass team-ups ever! Just think of the possibilities. Imagine Batman at the Marvel Universe, everybody would mostly hate him (normal people).

I was imagining that we could get to learn through the issues that everybody has alternative memories of the Civil War, Secret Invasion, Infinite Crisis, Identity Crisis and so on. It could start like Batman and Spider-man investigating some people who are disappearing, they meet some people who are at the Arkham Asylum for saying that the world has duplicated and that the Avengers or Justice League never existed. Then they ask help Reed for help in some science stuff, and more and more superheroes are added to the investigations until some heroes start to have duplicated memories, weird dreams, and they eventually realise what happen and fix everything back.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SUNMAN

no

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8  Edited By Meteorite

Nah theyr'e good how they are.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I'd rather eat glass infected with gonorrhea.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SUNMAN
inferiorego said:
"I'd rather eat glass infected with gonorrhea.
"
its easy to say that
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Methos

No.... it's totally ruin both companies....

for a start, there would be the fact of bringing mutants into an already existing universe where Superhuman's are readily accepted...

or the flipside, you've got a universe where superhuman's require registration, and trying to fit the entire metahuman race from DC into that would just be a nightmare.....

Also, if they did merge, the GL Corps would have to step in as the Mutant Registration Act violates the law regarding Universal Rights of all Sentient Creatures.... then Iron Man and his group would be facing a war against the Green Lantern Corps....

M

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#13  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
SUNMAN said:
"inferiorego said:
"
its easy to say that
"
easy to do too....

Methos said:

Also, if they did merge, the GL Corps would have to step in as the Mutant Registration Act violates the law regarding Universal Rights of all Sentient Creatures.... then Iron Man and his group would be facing a war against the Green Lantern Corps....

M
"

That would be pretty awesome actually.
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Scourge
inferiorego said:
Methos said:

M
"

"
I agree.

But merging DC and Marvel is like the worst idea ever.
Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15  Edited By Meteorite

Fresh Prince said:

"inferiorego said:
Methos said:

M
"

"
I agree.

But merging DC and Marvel is like the worst idea ever.
"

Mind you, another DC v.s. Marvel wouldn't go down too badly.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SUNMAN
inferiorego said:
"SUNMAN said:
"inferiorego said:
"
its easy to say that
"
easy to do too....
They have hotlines for this kind of thing
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By John Valentine

NO!

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Calvin
Methos said:
"Also, if they did merge, the GL Corps would have to step in as the Mutant Registration Act violates the law regarding Universal Rights of all Sentient Creatures.... then Iron Man and his group would be facing a war against the Green Lantern Corps...."
Well I didn't know that, but the war will be amazing.

The idea would be more like one of the previous crossovers but just a little longer.
But I guess I can understand why you guys wouldn't like it.

This sort of ideas is just my "fanboy" sence talking....
G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By G'bandit

Na, I think they are too different.

DC is about aliens (Superman, Martian Man hunter etc.),  power tools (Bat's belt, green lantern ring, etc) and detective work (Batman, Q, most of the bat family and others)

Marvel is about evolution (Mutants) super drugs (Soldier serum),  and gods (Thor, Silver Surfer, Herc, blah, blah)

I know both Companies share these but one leans more toward a subject than the other.

That's how I see it anyway. It could be but Marvel already have a full universe and also do DC, merging them would end up been too many heroes in each city, crime wouldn't exist and it would end up been like Kingdom comes, heroes kicking hero butt.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Methos

you lot actually want to see the GL Corps declare war on the Governments of Earth and Iron Man's group?

It'd be a slaughter lol

M

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21  Edited By Darkchild
Methos said:
"

M
"
Okay u really shouldnt have said that cause now i want a merger LMAO. Bout time someone kicks the douches ass, and then they could shove something green up his uptight @$$. Plus the bloodshed would be badass.

......ok ill shut up now
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Darkchild said:
"Methos said:
"

M
"
Okay u really shouldnt have said that cause now i want a merger LMAO. Bout time someone kicks the douches ass, and then they could shove something green up his uptight @$$. Plus the bloodshed would be badass.

......ok ill shut up now
"
Iron Man gets his ass kicked all the time..even in his own book.What do you mean "bout time"?

Anyway.Marvel needs the competition.If Marvel and DC merge it wouldn't be good for either.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By Nighthunter

It would be nice having it like a minievent or something like that but merging both companies would be a total chaos

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nighthunter said:
"It would be nice having it like a minievent or something like that but merging both companies would be a total chaos
"
I would like to see another crossover between the two.One that isn't so poorly written I cry blood.
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By danhimself

i wouldn't want a merger but like vance said i'd like a well written crossover that would matter afterwards instead of all the crap crossovers that have happened before where no one ever remembers them happening

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Nahero

it does sound good but i think a marvel/DC merge has happened before

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pixelized

i'd rather not... DC can keep their aliens, i'm still waiting for Marvel to get rid of the Shi'ar

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Andferne

I would not like having them merge, but I would like to see more crossovers between the two. One shots or something.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nighthunter

hate that there won't be more crossovers until Quesada leaves

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nighthunter said:
"hate that there won't be more crossovers until Quesada leaves
"
Why is that?
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
Methos said:
"you lot actually want to see the GL Corps declare war on the Governments of Earth and Iron Man's group?

It'd be a slaughter lol

M

"

Not really...depends all who was to side with Iron man's group.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nighthunter
Vance Astro said:
"Nighthunter said:
"
Why is that?
"
I don't know the reason but I read somewhere that Phil Jimenez stated that there wouldn't be another crossover as long as Quesada remained as the EIC of Marvel
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nighthunter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nighthunter said:
"
Why is that?
"
I don't know the reason but I read somewhere that Phil Jimenez stated that there wouldn't be another crossover as long as Quesada remained as the EIC of Marvel
"
F#ck Joe Quesada.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Oooh thats nifty how you switched the # in for the u. ;)

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SUNMAN
Vance Astro said:
"Nighthunter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nighthunter said:
"
Why is that?
"
"
F#ck Joe Quesada.
"
you tell him Vance
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DEGRAAF
danhimself said:
"i wouldn't want a merger but like vance said i'd like a well written crossover that would matter afterwards instead of all the crap crossovers that have happened before where no one ever remembers them happening"
i agree with you on this too

Kiara_Sullivan
said:
"No no please no. I admit I'm a sucker for alot of DC characters. BUT I'm mainly a marvel girl. I guess its because that Marvel's characters are more realistic as has been stated many times. Although if Marvel took over DC I'd love to see how they would make the DC characters more appealing to the Marvel Fanbase."
now im mainly a DC guy and like some of the marvel characters. but i agree with you. i would like to see dc be more like marvel when it comes to realism. i know that would be hard to do since they have aliens and all that but at least a lil more realistic would be nice. i also agree with you about if marvel took over DC. I would rathre see marvel get a hold of DC characters than i would DC get a hold of marvel characters

Calvin
said:
"DEGRAAF said:
"what are your thoughts?"
I literally drool over the idea.

I would like that for a while every character forgot that the two worlds were ever apart.
We could have Peter and Clark working together at the same newspaper. Superman could put Sentry back in his place. And we could have the most kiss-ass team-ups ever! Just think of the possibilities. Imagine Batman at the Marvel Universe, everybody would mostly hate him (normal people).

I was imagining that we could get to learn through the issues that everybody has alternative memories of the Civil War, Secret Invasion, Infinite Crisis, Identity Crisis and so on. It could start like Batman and Spider-man investigating some people who are disappearing, they meet some people who are at the Arkham Asylum for saying that the world has duplicated and that the Avengers or Justice League never existed. Then they ask help Reed for help in some science stuff, and more and more superheroes are added to the investigations until some heroes start to have duplicated memories, weird dreams, and they eventually realise what happen and fix everything back.

"

Thanks you, now i dont feel so dumb for putting this post out there. I wouldnt say superman and spiderman tho just becuase ive  never been a big fan of spiderman.  I would like to see how marvel deals with people like the riddler, joker, doomsday, and darkseid.

i would also like to see a battle for territory in the universes or over a single planet between imperiex prime and glactus
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DEGRAAF

i would like to atleast see doomsday roaming and terrorizing marvel.

that would be interesting, having one or two characters randomly get lost and end uup in the others universe. Like send galactus and silver surfer to dc and have them deal with more than just darkseid or superman. have them deal with the whole GL Corp.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Calvin
Darkchild said:
"Methos said:
"

M
"

......ok ill shut up now
"
I know right? A green lantern full scale war on earth!!!
loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By loganreme

No NO NOOO!!!! marvel is marverl and DC is DC and that's the end of that. thankyou

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By loganreme

no No NOOOO!!!!! marvel is marvel and DC is DC and thats the end of it.

Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Magicalmoment

no,never.....

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42  Edited By Zoom
Magicalmoment said:
"no,never....."

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

NO MERGE...but I wouldn't have anything against a good non-canon Marvel/DC crossover.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DEADPOOL

If they merge, then Krypton could had been eaten by Galactus.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Nah I wouldn't want to see a merger, although there are a few DC characters I would love to see over in Marvel. To bad they can't trade characters like a pro sports team trades players :) or if writers and artists can take their characters where ever they want.

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#46  Edited By girth

I would like to see them fight each other.

Sentry v.s Superman / Wonder Woman v.s Ms. Marvel.

That would be interesting to see.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DEGRAAF
Nova`Prime` said:
"Nah I wouldn't want to see a merger, although there are a few DC characters I would love to see over in Marvel. To bad they can't trade characters like a pro sports team trades players :) or if writers and artists can take their characters where ever they want.
"

lol ok i definitely agree with you as long as they could keep the the coninuity and story straight
Avatar image for ___living_tribunal_22__
___Living_Tribunal_22__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will be a horrible idea. 

But do you know who I want to see in DC? Fantastic Four. When I see them, I think they should belong to the DCU. 

Who don't want to see Reed Richards and Bruce Wayne working together, or Dr. Doom and Lex Luthor as comrades, or Firestorm regularly fighting Human Torch, or Galactus and his Heralds in war against the Guardians of the Universe. 

But with Galactus as a force of nature, they would also have to bring Eternity and the cosmic pantheon. What do you think? You would like to see the cosmics of Marvel in DC or is the worst idea ever?
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@___Living_Tribunal_22__:  

But do you know who I want to see in DC? Fantastic Four. When I see them, I think they should belong to the DCU. 

i completely agree with this, every time i read FF i can't help but say "man...i think they would get along better in the DC universe
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#50  Edited By turoksonofstone

Yes, Yes I would.