Would you be a hero and stop a live crime?

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As the title says.

Why or why not?

Under what circumstances would you? And would you not?

Have you ever encountered a live crime? If so, what did you do?

Interested to see responses.

Enjoy!

Z'

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KidPhillip

Nope. And i hope i never encounter one irl

edit:Misread your post

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If the person was unarmed. Like, if they had a gun, or maybe even a knife, I'd probably p*ssy out.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GreatCaesarsGhost

It's all conjecture till it happens.

It depends on my mood, and the specifics. Some days I just want an excuse to let loose. :P

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I would, and I have in the past- albeit paying the price myself by picking up a criminal record in the process, while the perpetrators who I carried out my citizens' arrests on were allowed to simply walk away in spite of dozens of eyewitnesses backing me up with their testimony at the scene (less paperwork that way? And the fact that the perps in those instances were white, and I'm a mixed race Black and Indian guy with a full-length beard who wears a turban, may have been something to do with it as well). As a Sikh, it's my duty to stand up for truth, truthful living, equality, freedom and justice, defending anyone who may be in need. That's the purpose of wearing the Kirpan, one of the five K's which all baptised Sikhs are supposed to wear- the courage to defend the rights of all who are wrongfully oppressed or persecuted, irrespective of their colour, caste or creed. Makes you wonder why there aren't any Sikh superheroes in the media. After all, there are more of us in the world than Jews, and look how many Jewish superheroes there are.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would use publicity and the internet trying to build awareness about some criminals and bad things that are happening to people.

I would help more as a symbol, that as a sociopath attacking people in the street.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

If I knew there was actually a good chance of my being successful in stopping the crime, yes, I'd intervene. As things stand, however, I'd likely be of little help and would probably only hurt myself (and possibly other people). No sense in trying if you know you're going to fail.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as someone who has interfered on such things, i would do it again on a heartbeat.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's all conjecture till it happens.

It depends on my mood, and the specifics. Some days I just want an excuse to let loose. :P

what they said. In my mind i could think one thing, and then when the situation happens you could just NOPE the f*ck outta there

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

If it`s one person armed I would probably sneak up on them and knock them out. If it`s something much more dangerous then no.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Fallschirmjager

As of right now? No.

But I am licensed for concealed carry and I will be purchasing a firearm at some point in the future.

Depending on the circumstances I might intervene, but I'm pretty selfish and I'm not going to risk my ass unless I know I can do it.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

Would depend on the type of crime and who was involved. If it was happening to friends or family I would more likely do something about it but a stranger unless its easy is none of my business.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not.

Have to be something extreme for me to intervene.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this, with the assertion that I most certainly would. As should anyone else in the UK, given that an investigation over here has revealed what we've all known for a long time now- because the police can't be bothered to investigate any crimes which they can't directly extract revenue from, they've been doing their best to completely ignore any other crimes, actively encouraging the victims to investigate the crimes themselves. In light of that revelation, with the police admitting that they're not going to do anything to stop specific crimes (effectively decriminalising offences such as burglary, car crime, criminal damage, and arguably even more serious offences such as ABH and rape), who wouldn't decide to stop crimes themselves? No-one else will. And it's not even like we have gunslingers to worry about. Is the UK now the best place in the real world to take up low-level vigilantism as a hobby or part-time job? Probably...