Would The Superior Spiderman kill Phil Urich

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Everyone who read the Superior Spiderman title knows Otto didn't hesitate to kill off Massacre and Smythe . Do you think he'd be able to kill Phil Urich, The Hobgoblin, on the next issue of the series ?

What do you think ?

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Would he be ABLE to?

It depends on who's writing the fight.

WOULD he?

I don't doubt they'd find a reason for Phil to stay...Otto tries to harvest his scream, Hobs escapes, etc.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

Goblins should only murder themselves by accident.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goblins should only murder themselves by accident.

That's green goblins sir

Hobgoblins tend to kill each other :p

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Slott apparently likes to kill off all the rogues so I don't doubt he won't see out the story arc

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

If SpOck is following his murderous track record so far, then yes I doubt Urich will survive this arc.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

@jonny_anonymous said:

Slott apparently likes to kill off all the rogues so I don't doubt he won't see out the story arc

Exactly this.

The best way to write a character is to kill off all of their villains save one, and then replace them with that surviving villain. Then write about how much better said villain is at the hero's job.

Then defend your work because apparently you haven't read it.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Dan Slott will kill every villain Spider-Man has and then he would become the great savior of New York and people will worship him and SpOck will become the god of NYC.Hell yeah,best story ever!

Now let's be serious-of course he would kill him.I just hope that Slott doesn't kill off Roderick Kingsley because then I would kill Slott right off.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember Superman showing that kill happy policies aren't heroic out of the context of a war in "What's so funny about truth, justice and the American way."

Now it is possible to kill outside of war and still be heroic, Policemen are proof of this, and Thor and Captain America (both *very* heroic people) both kill, but the thing about justice is that you really have to weigh this person's life against society and resort to lethal force only as a last resort.

SpOck seems to jump quite a few steps between de-escalation and killing. Which is why he is definitely more morally ambiguous and less heroic than Thor or Captain America who can and *have* killed quite a lot, but either only in the context of war or as a last resort.

Now Phil is in the same series as a spiderman who either beats his villains to the point where they'll be peeing out of a bag for the rest of their lives or outright kills them with little hesitation, so even if he doesn't die, he'd realistically be restricted to a hospital bed for a very, very long time crippled and in agony.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If a spider-man character don't have classic status, Slott will kill them.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

It's easy to say that SpOck is more than capable of killing him. At this point, I think Phil has been pushed to the breaking point. His whole life has fallen apart, and when it comes to the final fight Phil is going to be the one to push the fight to be to the death. It's kind of a pity to be honest. I rather liked Phil (I'm probably the only one though).

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By X35

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Exactly this.

On the flip-side, Slott was the talentless boob who made Urich a villain in the first place.