#1 Posted by lifeofvibe (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

What would it mean for the rest of mean marvels cinemanic universe?what it mean for dcs cinematic universe?and what about darksied?

#2 Edited by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion it will turn out kinda bad (not to everyone, just me because of how obnoxious my attention to detail is). I don't see how that team is going to deal with Thanos. Think about it though. The movie has the branding of Avengers on it. It cannot fail in the box office; I don't blame them for caring about mostly sales though. I know this is speculation and theory however. If for some reason it should fail, they would gauge the success of every other movie. If they all should fail there would be a comic book movie "drought" for awhile.

#3 Edited by Wolverine08 (38552 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be awesome. So there is nothing to worry about.

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Quality won't matter, there's absolutely no way the movie will fail financially.

#5 Posted by wundagoreborn (313 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the risk of failure is associated with Guardians, not Avengers 2.

#6 Posted by HumanRocket (7406 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets wait and see how powerful they make Thanos in the Gauardians of the Galaxey movie. I'm sure it will set up his power level and anything to do with the gaulet. As for the movie it self...it will do fine I don't think marvel will let the wave of success they have going for them to let the movie be a flop.

#7 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems as if when one movie has all the hype it tends to be disappointing. So I wouldn't be surprised.

#8 Posted by RustyRoy (10884 posts) - - Show Bio

Why so serious

#9 Posted by Binski (643 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3 was horrible and that didn't change anything so probably nothing will happen, but if it doesn't do well in the box office which is unlikely then they'll probably continue but not invest as much money into the future films.

#10 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7567 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by i_like_swords (13020 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by Wolverine08 (38552 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers 2 turning out bad? ) 0% chance. I got faith in Joss Whendon to surmount his classic Avengers 1.

#13 Posted by RedLantern23 (883 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Avengers is the last thing I'm worried about. Guardians, Ant-Man, and Doctor Strange (if it turns out they make it) are what I'm curious about as far as success.

#14 Posted by Dabee (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

What if the Sun falls out of the sky tomorrow? It's useless to talk about things that will never happen.

Also:

@binski said:

Iron Man 3 was horrible and that didn't change anything so probably nothing will happen...

No, it wasn't. It was different, sure, but that's not indicative of low quality. If the story was just like the comics, we wouldn't have been surprised!

#15 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3875 posts) - - Show Bio

NO! It's Joss Whedon we're talking about.

#16 Posted by batmannflash (6187 posts) - - Show Bio

Too early to tell. If it actually is horrible, all eyes will be on an upcoming Justice League movie

#17 Posted by SoA (4684 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

No, it wasn't. It was different, sure, but that's not indicative of low quality. If the story was just like the comics, we wouldn't have been surprised!

Thank you!

#18 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6113 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, it can't fail financially, even if the movie is crap. As long as they keep the word Avengers in the title, every little kid on the planet will want to see it. Sure, bad reviews could hurt the movie's worldwide gross, but it will still be a financial success. Secondly, I honestly think the first one was incredibly overrated. Sure, it was a great movie, but best superhero movie ever? No. Best MOVIE ever? HELL NO. Worthy of over 2 billion dollars? Not even close. But do I think Avengers 2 will be a the greatest movie ever? No, but it should be a good movie, just like the first. I don't think there's that much to worry about. However, if it was bad, what I would be scared of is it messing up the future of all superhero movies. I am more of a DC fan than a Marvel fan, so if Justice League came out afterwards and was a total flop even if it was a great movie, I'd personally murder Joss Whedon (no one take that seriously). The best thing that could happen if it was a big flop would be that

1- Justice League got more box office success due to it being a very good movie compared to Marvel's offering.

And 2- That Marvel movies would be able to recover after Avengers 2.

But nothing I wrote really matters because Avengers 2 will be a good movie.

#19 Posted by jackbancroft17 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no doubt that it will make a heap of dough, but it won't be very good, ive heard that the villian is gonna be thanos.

In all honesty thanos would rape the avengers in a fair fight, so the movie is gonna be either really bad writing, or thanos is gonna be depowered to the point of ridicule

#20 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

If it does fail it will be due to it failing to meet peoples expectations. But it will definitly not fail money wise.

#21 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

Heresy! You should be crucified by your privates! :P

#22 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@ciriel said:

I don't see how that team is going to deal with Thanos.

Despite the fact that they have multiple times in the past?

#23 Edited by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite:

The Avengers have done it multiple times. Though the team was more than just Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. Also Thanos is implied to have prep since they are unaware that he's there. I know they're going to win; it's a movie. Honestly though, how could you make a case for just that group?

#24 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

this

and i really laughed harder then i should have.

#25 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@ciriel said:

@perezite:

The Avengers have done it multiple times. Though the team was more than just Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. Also Thanos is implied to have prep since they are unaware that he's there. I know they're going to win; it's a movie. Honestly though, how could you make a case for just that group.

Because he's not 616-Thanos? Also, because he probably won't have Death barring him from his realm and the added durability that gives him and would probably be at the levels he was BEFORE that point?

#26 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking of, which is better at keeping shit down to a minimum in their verse? The Guardians or the Lanterns?

"Write honestly! And avoid "ly" adverbs. Writers lazily opt for "ly" modifiers when there is usually, clearly, a better verb that more explicitly states the action being described. "He raced across the room" is more precise than "he moved quickly across the room," and so on. Don't "ly" in your writing. Or, in other words, be honest."

#27 Posted by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

Because he's not 616-Thanos? Also, because he probably won't have Death barring him from his realm and the added durability that gives him and would probably be at the levels he was BEFORE that point?

Well if you want to go there, you can't use the excuse that they have beaten him multiple times. So he will be stupid in this universe is what you are trying to say?

#28 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@ciriel said:

@perezite said:

Well if you want to go there, you can't use the excuse that they have beaten him multiple times. So he will be stupid in this universe is what you are trying to say?

1. Why can't I use that excuse? Haven't the Avengers of 616 beaten him multiple times despite this advantage he possesses?

2. No. What I'm saying is that he'll be massively de-powered like Thor, Hulk, and even Iron Man were and would probably have to really more on his cunning than his physical prowess to get out alive. So, actually, I'm hoping he'll be smarter.

#30 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@wolverine08: Joss Whedon never disappoints.

*Cough* The fourth of fifth Alien's movie you zealot *Uncough*