Would I Enjoy The New Cap' Flick?

Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I generally have mixed feelings about Marvel movies, and to be honest outside of Norton's Hulk rendition and the first Iron Man movie ( and the Wolverine standalones, which went from visually epic to meh but acceptable ) I just don't feel compelled to accept their offerings by means of theater viewing. This being said, Jeremy Jahns overtly positive review of the title has me interested.

I actually rather enjoyed a strong portion of the first Cap film, but I generally hate most of the most recent offerings from Marvel ( ie both Thor movies literally gave me incurable cancer of the extremities, and I puked violently during the last two IronMan movies...yea, that cringeworthy IMO ). I'm of the understanding that the movie is of a superior, more mature tone than recent releases, and as I've said I'm wondering if it's worth an immediate viewing.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hell yes! get out the door and go see it.

Are you still sat here reading this? go. go on! See it!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@oosupermanthathoeoo You won't know till you try. I can tell you straight from the get-go that The Winter Soldier is leagues above Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 in terms of quality. Forget the forced comedy and banal plots, this is a straight-up enjoyable comic-book film.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@oosupermanthathoeoo: If you hate the more recent Marvel movies, that's almost a guarantee you'll love this one. There's no forced comedy or over the top goofiness. It's a serious, hard hitting enjoyable 70s thriller comic book movie with superb action, surprising emotional depth and a great plot that touches on relevant themes of today.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@oosupermanthathoeoo: Naw, if I were you I'd find the latest Reese Witherspoon or Katherine Hegel extravaganza and watch that instead. But do it with your mom's teddy on and post pics of it to Facebook.