• 72 results
Posted by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) 1 year, 20 hours ago

Poll: Would DC flop if they dropped Batman and Superman (115 votes)

Without these two DC would be in ruins 51%
No DC can still sell well without these two 20%
Probably if you think about it 23%
Very unlikely 5%

#51 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet Martian Manhunter could easily become the face of DC, if that ever happened.

Actually I think Shazam (Superman-esque character) and Green Arrow (Batman-esque character) would fill that void.

#52 Edited by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman would be the new Trinity. Shazam, Green Arrow, and Nightwing would become more popular

#53 Posted by jwalser3 (4829 posts) - - Show Bio

They would be destroyed. Especially Batman.....They try to cram him in everything to boost sales.

#54 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

They would be destroyed. Especially Batman.....They try to cram him in everything to boost sales.

hehahah this

#55 Posted by Jack Donaghy (972 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not it'd be like if MLB lost the Yankees and Red Sox, sure there are other popular teams but none on the level of those 2.

#56 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: I think Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Flash would become the new Trinity. With Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, and Captain Marvel becoming more popular. The only reason I left Nightwing out is because if they don't have Batman then they probably won't have Robin.

#57 Posted by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

@crazyscarecrow: you're probably correct. It could go either way, I think.

#58 Posted by M3th (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

If Bats and Supes leave it would be.

I.Marvel

II. Valiant

III. Image

IV. IDW

V.DC

Hey at least they can be in The Big Five without their Big Two.

#59 Posted by MonsterStomp (16671 posts) - - Show Bio

If they were planning to drop Batman and Superman they'd already start getting other characters some recognition.

#60 Posted by TDK_1997 (14642 posts) - - Show Bio

They won't fail right away but they will start dying slowly because of the loss of two of the best characters ever and also their apparent favorites.They rely only on them for making money and they will be in a crisis that they can't get out of.

#61 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

The big two of DC's respective Mythos' make up like half to two thirds of DC and their Mythos' touch like everyone else's in DC. Without the World's finest and their mythos DC would be a much smaller company, I mean like downscaling to IDW and Image size.

#62 Posted by Vulshock (131 posts) - - Show Bio

DC wouldn't flop, but if they lost Batman or Superman, Marvel would end up being the biggest comic publisher.

#63 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulshock said:

DC wouldn't flop, but if they lost Batman or Superman, Marvel would end up being the biggest comic publisher.

Marvel kind of already has the heftiest presence.

Without Batman and Superman DC would be smaller than IDW.

#64 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5334 posts) - - Show Bio

They'd sink faster than the Titanic. They've done such a great job of marginalizing their secondary characters that they'd never recover. They'd still be bigger than say Image or Dark Horse but be leagues behind Marvel.

#65 Posted by nightwing444 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they are about to drop Batman and Superman for a month with Forever Evil. And strangely enough, this would probably

sell more issues...

#66 Posted by jwalser3 (4829 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

hehahah this

Seriously. Forever Evil is suppose to be about the villains.....But Batman has to tag along.

#67 Edited by jwalser3 (4829 posts) - - Show Bio
#68 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly, yes, I think so.

#69 Edited by Ubersoldier (124 posts) - - Show Bio

If they lost them now? never mind, the mainstream will never affiliate them with anything else anyway.

I say it's feasible they won't be hurting that much, rather they'd be able to concentrate on other characters and highlight them, flash point pretty much based off of the flash and i found it awesome. Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and co. are still there too.

Think about the justice league titles without the two.

#70 Edited by Thorverine (308 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's not even speak this.

#71 Posted by DTFB (191 posts) - - Show Bio

If DC dropped them id bet everything i own that Marvel would be in hot pursuit to get them. DC would be hurting bad and Marvel wouldn't have any competition.

#72 Posted by RustyRoy (11852 posts) - - Show Bio

If they loose Batman they'd be down like 40%, if they lose Superman they'd 20% but the GL, Aquaman, Flash, WW titles will be enough to keep them above the rest of the publishers except Marvel and if the said publishers don't get hold of any of the characters. People who say they'd be below Valiant or IDW etc don't know much about the market shares.