#1 Edited by Firec (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, its common knowledge that most of the time superman gets his power for the radiation of our yellow sun. lead is a material that is not only hard, but resistant to uv or raddiation. If you were to knock out superman with some kryptonite, would you be able to keep him prisoner (or kill by suffocation) in a sealed lead room underground?

#2 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not like Kryptonite is permanent, he would recover and beat the crap out of you

#3 Posted by Firec (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_lunact_and_manic, this is a situation in which he is exposed to kryptonite until arriving, keeping him incapacitated. and just for pizzaz, lets say you were deadpool and you stabbed him with a kryptonite sword.

#4 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@firec said:

@the_lunact_and_manic, this is a situation in which he is exposed to kryptonite until arriving, keeping him incapacitated. and just for pizzaz, lets say you were deadpool and you stabbed him with a kryptonite sword.

Lol, well, you would need a lot of gold kryptonite then.

#5 Posted by lightsout (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

The effect kryptonite has on him hasn't been consistent. Are we assuming it drained his energy too? If not, once he's in the room he's not getting any more energy but he's got all the rest he had stored (it's not bleeding his reserves as a red-sun appears to do). He could just smash his way out (likely with only a minute fraction of the energy he has stored).

#6 Edited by Firec (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout yes you are to assume the kryptonite is draining his power. like some really potent poison.

#7 Posted by Charetter115 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

He wouldn't die because he does not need his powers to survive. He would just be a regular guy in need of serious medical attention because he just got stabbed.

#8 Edited by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so. It's not like he is a daxamite.

#9 Edited by The Stegman (23902 posts) - - Show Bio

I was tempted to say "no"...but that obviously expertly drawn diagram has swayed my opinion...hmmmm.

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically a kryptonite blade in him would do the job so the lead room is really just a waste of time