Worst ongoing comic books right now

• 58 results
QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like ive said before I think the best comics of all time are happening in the 21st century but like theres been for ages there have been terrible comics so i wanna know what current comics you think are just a waste of paper heres my list:

1. Superman, I dont know why DC would have a hero who just had a huge movie come out an his solo series IS TERRIBLE!!
  2. Teen Titans, dont know whats going on here but its crap an i want Geoff Johns back on it or maybe Grant Morrison could be great
  3. Batman: The Dark Knight, OMG how does this sell ITS HORRIBLE!
  4. Earth 2, just scrap this an have Geoff make a JSA title already so we are all happy again
  5. Katanna, WHO THE F*CK GAVE KATANNA HER OWN SERIES like wat the hell were they thinking?
  6. Catwoman, Ann Nocenti got nothing against you but do us all a favor an get off the title
  7. Savage Wolverine, Just stop this now
  8. Every Ultimate title except Spiderman, not saying their the worst out there but i have such high standards for ultimates an xmen an they have been no where near reaching them Mark Millar made ultimates amazing but ruined xmen by killing them all its just such a shame

your thoughts?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What's wrong with Savage Wolverine?

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ximpossibrux

Batman Dark Knight is awesome, thats why is sells well.

Superior Spiderman sucks.

Avengers Arena is meh... but the lastest issues have been awesome.

@queencorp15

said:

Katanna, WHO THE F*CK GAVE KATANNA HER OWN SERIES like wat the hell were they thinking?

Ok i agree with this, it's just like Larfleeze.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

They gave a smaller character a series.

Silly them for trying to build up another character, what the hell were they thinking? I mean, it's not like people complain about DC only caring about their big 3- oh wait.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Earth 2 was the JSA except the members are younger. I like Earth 2.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no problem with Superman right now. Sure, it isn't the best Superman run of all time by any means... its not even in the top ten... but its still enjoyable enough. I have fun reading it most of the time, and the art is fantastic. Again, it isn't the greatest book on my pull list, and if I'm short on funds its the first one that I skip, but it could be a lot worse.

I haven't read Savage Wolverine, but agree everything else you mentioned sucks.

I'd also like to add Avengers Arena. Now there's a crappy comic.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@imagineman16 said:

I have no problem with Superman right now. Sure, it isn't the best Superman run of all time by any means... its not even in the top ten... but its still enjoyable enough. I have fun reading it most of the time, and the art is fantastic. Again, it isn't the greatest book on my pull list, and if I'm short on funds its the first one that I skip, but it could be a lot worse.

This.

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: Exactly " damned if you do , damned if you don't !"

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

There's nothing wrong with Earth 2 or Savage Wolverine at all. The other ones aren't that bad either

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of having negative threads, we should be celebrating and discussing the best comic books out right now. Oh well, I guess people like to dwell on the negative.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Titans and Katana

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Earth 2 is fine, same with the Ultimate comics. Ultimate X-Men and surprisingly the Ultimates are both doing great. I haven't read Savage Wolverine or Catwoman yet so I don't know if they're any good

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Instead of having negative threads, we should be celebrating and discussing the best comic books out right now. Oh well, I guess people like to dwell on the negative.

Hear hear!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Earth 2 is my second favorite...

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Superior Spiderman sucks.

There doesn't seem to be any of the professed "redemption" of Ock that they kind of built up. Sure he's fighting crime but he's doing it in like every morally reprehensible way possible. I've been hoping for some sort of development in Ock, but what little they do show seems to be flash-in-the-pan moments. It's only because I am a hardcore Spider-Fan I still pick it up, and I am waiting for Ock to crash and burn. Amazing was much better.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozenedge: I can tell you right away that Catwoman is flat-out vomitive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman: The Dark Knight, OMG how does this sell ITS HORRIBLE!

Because it's Batman.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MarlboroMan

Earth 2 is great i havent read after the 12th issue yet but it was doing really good. I agree with Savage Wolverine its just unnecesary he has enough series already. I loved the ultimate x-men but after the Ultimatum i cant really dig into this Ultimate Comic X-men, the style is just changed a lot.I dont really like dark knight or teen titans neighter and i am a big Teen Titans fan so this sucks.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By HumanRocket

Savage wolverine? o.0

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

What's wrong with Savage Wolverine?

Savage Wolverine #6 was probably the most enjoyable thing I've read from last month.

Tough to judge a series that is made of purely independent, continuity-fee stories. The creative team switches with each story. And not to mention, we've only gotten one so far. I heard the Frank Cho story was rough around the edges, but Zeb Wells and Joe Mad were on their A+ game to start this second one.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wolverine008

@reignmaker:

Yes, Savage Wolverine #6 was bloody awesome! If you didn't know Jock is writing and drawing an arc on Savage Wolverine starting in late August. I'm pretty excited to see Jock's sublime art, but I'm wondering how his writing will be.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I posted a thread about the best ongoing comics right now the other day so i did appreciate what comics are out right now before i did the ones i dont like

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queencorp15:

Oh really? I wasn't taking shots at you or anything like that, but I just feel we should be focusing more on the positive things we have in comics right now.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage Wolverine has been pretty good...Wolverine on the other hand has been horribly boring

Ultimate X-men is just plain awesome

Worst Ongoing goes to Thunderbolts...such a terrible book

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolverine008
QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By QueenCorp15

@danhimself: YES! thunderbolts is TERRIBLE considering how much amazing characters it has in it from deadpool alone to punisher and elektra......... it should just be way better get someone like Rucka or Remender on it an i bet itd be great

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Yeah i will retry savage wolverine bcuz i have so much respect for Jock bcuz of his art on scott snyders detective run but if thats not good then i dont know

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last issue of Savage Wolverine wasn't bad at all. I would venture to say that it was downright good.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wolverine008

@queencorp15: I hope you like it! You gotta support Wolverine!

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

Well, unsurprisingly, the guy whose very first post on Comic Vine was to agree with someone who said "Avengers Arena is everything wrong with comics today" will call that the worst ongoing. It isn't the most poorly-written book out right now, but its inconsistency, high emotional toll on long-standing fans, and some pretty awful PR have worked together to make an otherwise mediocre book an absolute nightmare which even the author seems to be getting a little tired of being consistently held accountable for.

There have been creative team changes lately with some books about which I'd heard bad things, so I don't know if anything has changed, but it seems to me that Thunderbolts, Catwoman, and Red Lanterns all get pretty fantastically bad reps.

I read the first issue of Savage Wolverine and thought it was pretty bad.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: You should check out Savage Wolverine #6 which featured the first issue with the creative team of Zeb Wells and Joe Mad. It was bloody awesome!

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

You gotta support Wolverine!

Support Wolverine lolwut? That's like if someone told me to "support Batman", as if he needed even more sales.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_stegman  Moderator

Thunderbolts

Uncanny Avengers

Young Avengers

Avengers Arena

Birds of Prey

Teen Titans

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wolverine008

@lolzstastic: I didn't mean support as help him because he is struggling. I just meant that he should give a good Wolverine book a chance. No need for you to be supercilious.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I know you have said it before that you don't like Uncanny Avengers, but you should check out the most recent arc that stated in issue 6. It is in my humble opinion, been awesome.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jldoom said:

@imagineman16 said:

This.

Double This

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lolzstastic

@wolverine08: Supercilious? Wait what? All I said was that I found the notion of supporting one of the most successful characters in comics to be funny. Sorry for not getting the point you were trying to get across from your 4-word long message.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wolverine008

@lolzstastic: Well sorry, but you came off very patronizingly. Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions about what I say next time.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Of course I come off very patronizingly, that's what they pay me for. Who else is gonna keep the "douchey comic book fan" stereotype alive?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the first couple red hood & outlaws an they were pretty bad which is sad bcuz it was a good idea for a series

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: No, I'm serious! They really do pay me for this! I mean do you really think any sane person would name themselves "lolzstastic"? Of course not! Truth is, a rival site pays me to make this site worse, looks like I'm doing a good job so far.

Well it's either that or I'm just a jerk/borderline sociopath. Either way works.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert:

Red Lanterns isn't that bad, though its mostly because they have so many BAMFs.

Savage Wolverine is good, but he's just got waaaay too many series.

Teen Titans is baaaaad.

The Ultimates however are really quite good. They're dark but every character is somehow a badass.

I didn't even know there was a catwoman or katana.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Wolverine008
QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I dont like how wolverines in avengers stuff now he should have his own series which he has two main ones (wolverine & savage) then i consider wolverine and xmen his o also theres wolverine MAX an ultimate wolverine plus all the xmen titles hez in, my point being i think there overdosing him i think he should have one solo series His wolverine & xmen series plus the main xmen comic an another xmen team thats kinda odd but awsome like uncanny xforce an thats it he shouldnt be in any more....... i get what you mean by hez not in any comics more than others but for example Batman has tons of titles but theres alot more to do with him he has a whole city to protect with many famous villains an allies plus all the JLA stuff it also seems like the all time great writers have at least one great batman story in them same with superman they both started off solo then went into teams where wolverine started in a team ( Not considering his first apearance in hulk) then went solo which is a huge difference.... i dont know if thisll make any sense to you but yeah.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dabee

I like all of the titles, but it's hard to argue with your very articulated arguments. (*sarcasm*)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#49  Edited By Lvenger
  • Teen Titans. Not a fan of how Lobdell has treated these characters and has barely developed them.
  • Avengers Arena. A disgrace and a middle finger to fans of these well loved characters.
  • Vibe and Katana - I include these two titles under one bullet because they both come from Johns' slap of them onto his JLA team. They keep appealing B listers from getting their own series.
  • Superior Spider-Man - Again Slott's writing here is poor and not at all appealing to me.
MadnessFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thunderbolts