• 59 results
waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

What was the worst comic you read in 2014?

It doesn't have to be published in 2014, just one you read for the first time.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Hm it would have been one of the Waid Daredevil issues... they are all horrible.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: What was so bad about it? I've only read the first six issues, but they seemed pretty good.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

Not sure which specifically, but it likely came from Zenescope.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Klarion will be one.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Skit

For what ever reason I decided to reread Milligan's Animal Man run. It was much worse than I remembered it being.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I didn't like the first volume of Fables.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Have you read anything else from fables or was that your only attempt?

Samtheman2207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Moon Knight High Strangers mini seriers

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By goonage

@saint_wildcard: Really? The first few Fables volumes are the best.

Worst comic I read in 2014 was Invincible.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Anything from the New Suicide Squad, it's actually worse than the previous series that was cancelled.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman #35

Beata

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hmmm. Kot's Secret Avengers is one of the few books that I dropped this year. Not a fan of his humor at all. Axis was also pretty bad. Most of the older books that I read were all enjoyable.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read Doc Frankenstein sometime this year, it has a very good start and then turns into a parody.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter Milligan's Shadowman and Red Lanterns was pretty bad. The Fables spin-off Cinderella from Fabletown with Love was also pretty horrid

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

Worst comic I read in 2014 was Invincible.

the whole series, or the resent issues?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@skit said:

@saint_wildcard: Have you read anything else from fables or was that your only attempt?

At some point I'll read the second volume (or play that PSVita game), but the first one didn't do it for me.

@goonage said:

I only read the first one. From what I understand it was just a way to introduce characters and that one of the problems I had isn't an issue.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Original SinS- the spin-off from the Original Sin event (obviously), for one thing it was stupidly named, I always had to double check that my Comic Store was putting aside the right book.

But mostly because it was total rubbish; a collection of stupid stories that had no effect on even the far edges of the main event, unlike what it claimed it would do.

The only partially good story was a Dr Doom one, but it didn't even feature Doom (who was on the cover) it was just some smarmy Lawyer thinking he was going to blackmail Doom with his secret.

Then the issue went from how far Doom would go to silence someone, to an Eskimo apologizing to a Captain America on a parade float?!? (Not even sure if it was Cap or a cosplayer) because he peed on Cap when he was trapped in the ice in the Arctic! He peed on the Cap-sicle!!!

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ParaChomp

Letter 44, the context was so stupid I found it painful to read.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

All New Invaders #2.

I gave it a one-star review.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Transformers1024

Axis was pretty bad but I don't think it was the worst of 2014. I'd have to say Green Arrow 35 was the worst.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ariesxmasters

Probably Ms.Marvel.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Are you serious? i'm just asking because i haven't read it and it's one of the best titles marvel has been putting out critically at least. It's part of the company's best titles with only Daredevil, Thor and Moon Knight coming close to beating it (again critically).

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pinecone: I didn't really like how it was done, I couldn't get around the goofy looking art.

Now that I really give it some thought though the worst Comic for sure I have read is All-New Ultimates. That series is lacking in like every place possible it is just god awful

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Wolf Among us is great, though its a little disjointed from the comics tonally and by only having 3 prominant characters regular(one stretching it). The second volume is much better and acurrate. Alternatively theres also 1001 nights of snowfall, which is mostly just short stories, but was when the series was at its peek.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#27  Edited By black_wreath

The easy answer would be Teen Titans pre-reboot but honestly when Justice League Dark irritated me - it irritated me worse.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I decided to read one issue of Lobdell's Titans this year..... that was awful. I also really really didn't like a few of the Batman and Robin issues this year, and any comic where Captain Marvel was improperly characterized or was misrepresented was bad as usual.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, I think it was Avengers by Hickman.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm it would have been one of the Waid Daredevil issues... they are all horrible.

*shakes head*

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#31 frozen  Moderator

Take your pick from any of Lobdell's Superman work. Also Adventures of Superman #36.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pinecone: Really? I thought the Cinderella spin-off was good.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

*shakes head*

Sloppy writing, bad characterization, forced narrative. It's all bad.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By judasnixon

Wonder Woman #36............

No Caption Provided
Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Deep Gravity, really dull book I was pretty disappointed.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

*shakes head*

Writing is creative.. Waid's run usually gets excellent ratings and I personally find the stories rather interesting to read.

Characterization is not bad at all. Sure, it is more about storytelling instead of in-depth Daredevil mythos (a la Bendis run), but Matt's character is in place. One major difference is this adaptation of Daredevil isn't as dark and gritty as the Bendis, Quesada run, but nevertheless, I think it is better that way in a vibrant tone. Daredevil isn't a character known for his misery, the general idea behind his character is that no matter how much life puts him down, he manages to stand straight. He is known to never give up and stay positive. Bendis almost makes you feel sorry for Daredevil. Read Born Again, you will probably understand what I mean in regards to Daredevil's tone.

Now I can understand what you mean by the forced narrative, but again it somehow fits with the more vibrant character and storytelling approach Waid presents...

You may not like it, but in general Waid does a good job with Daredevil and you can't really deny it.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

*shakes head*

Writing is creative.. Waid's run usually gets excellent ratings and I personally find the stories rather interesting to read.

Characterization is not bad at all. Sure, it is more about storytelling instead of in-depth Daredevil mythos (a la Bendis run), but Matt's character is in place. One major difference is this adaptation of Daredevil isn't as dark and gritty as the Bendis, Quesada run, but nevertheless, I think it is better that way in a vibrant tone. Daredevil isn't a character known for his misery, the general idea behind his character is that no matter how much life puts him down, he manages to stand straight. He is known to never give up and stay positive. Bendis almost makes you feel sorry for Daredevil. Read Born Again, you will probably understand what I mean in regards to Daredevil's tone.

Now I can understand what you mean by the forced narrative, but again it somehow fits with the more vibrant character and storytelling approach Waid presents...

You may not like it, but in general Waid does a good job with Daredevil and you can't really deny it.

I'm pretty sure I will have read more Daredevil than you have so you don't need to tell me to read anything. Bur are you honestly telling me that ignoring everything that happened in the run before and moving to San Fran is actually in character for Matt?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

All New Ultimates is terrible, lazy and atrocious.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure I will have read more Daredevil than you have so you don't need to tell me to read anything. Bur are you honestly telling me that ignoring everything that happened in the run before and moving to San Fran is actually in character for Matt?

'Will have read more Daredevil" than me?

I'm pretty suspicious if you even read anything as much as you say you read Daredevil at this point...

I never said ignoring everything is in character, but it is something that happens all the time. Characters don't stick to one continuity. Everyone gets a reboot and have their own stuff in their series. Characters reboot. Series reboot. Thats how it is.

If whatever you're saying was out of character, then Batman wouldn't be traveling to Apokolips to fight Darkseid in one issue and dealing with the return of the Joker in another.

You can't just keep a character go on the same route forever. Eventually, they will have different adaptations. Daredevil isn';t even the only character that had his past under the shade in Marvel Now. It happened to most of the other characters. Don't know what you are complaining about.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52's Deathstroke (the first one, which was cancelled. Love the current one)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: Well considering I'm one of the most active users on the Daredevil forum...

There is an entire thread on here dedicated to this subject, we don't need to go over it again.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: Well considering I'm one of the most active users on the Daredevil forum...

That does not mean your opinions are facts... What you are talking about is completely subjective.

There is an entire thread on here dedicated to this subject, we don't need to go over it again.

Fine then.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All New Ultimates is terrible, lazy and atrocious.

As a huge Miles Morales fan, I can definitely agree. All New Ultimates makes these experienced heroes look like rookies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Moon Knight: The Death of Marc Spector trade. Especially after reading Moon Knight From the Dead.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe. Honestly, wouldn't Spider-Man's spider sense warn him Deadpool was going to shoot him?

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All New Ultimates is utter garbage.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By 2chimcha3

Iron Fist The Living Weapon was so bad, im sorry. i wanted to love it but it was a trian wreck and i jumped off eventually.