• 103 results
#51 Posted by God_Spawn (35978 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think David Acuna is one of the worst artists in Marvel. I absolutely hate his style of art. It's just way too shiny and stiff for me.

#52 Posted by Lvenger (15969 posts) - - Show Bio

Frazer Irving. His faces are ghastly and his colouring is abhorent

#53 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Posted by The_Tree (6397 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed on Liefeld and Land.

I don't like John Romita Jr.'s art, I think it works for indy comics like Kick-Ass but for mainstream superhero comics, it blows. I also really don't like Brett Booth, he's got same face syndrome and his bodies look off.

#55 Edited by Jpgman (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Injustice has given us some real stinkers...

#56 Posted by TDK_1997 (13666 posts) - - Show Bio

Has no one mentioned Frank Quitely and his lumpy potato people yet?

Why Quitely?Why don't you like him?

#57 Posted by CheeseSticks (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Rob Liefeld

#58 Posted by RunawayAvenger (267 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone read the Runaways/Young Avengers what if? The artist Patrick Spaziante was terrible, he basically tried to copy Jim Cheung (who is amazing) and made it look awful

#59 Edited by Havenless (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog

I actually really like Land's art. Yeah he reuses images a lot, but that doesn't nearly compare to the atrocities Liefeld has procured:

Waistline
Random Body Parts lying around
People Stand in Pirouettes because he can't draw feet correctly
Has no idea how many teeth people have
A character standing in Pirouette while talking to a character walking in Pirouette
This one is all kinds of wrong. Male and Female characters look identical, Feral is 1-legged, and they both seem to be getting haircuts as the frames progress.
I didn't post this to make fun of Franklin's hooved feet, but that gun he's holding in the first and second panels is *clearly* added after the fact. He's not even holding it, it's like Liefeld just drew it in there at the last second.

But wait, this is my personal favorite!

Usually, he draws Cable so abnormally large that he absolutely towers over everyone. Deadpool is, what, 6'1? 6'2? Check this out:

So what's the big deal you ask? Cable is massive, probably 7'5. That's how Liefeld wants him. Well, if that's the case, then Domino is clearing 8' in this one:

But... okay. And now here she is, the same size as Deadpool:

And Now here's Deadpool, visibly larger than Cable:

So in hindsight: Yes, relative to Rob Liefeld, I think Land is a FANTASTIC artist.

#60 Posted by TDK_1997 (13666 posts) - - Show Bio

Also I can't stand Greg Land and Frazer Irving.

#61 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5586 posts) - - Show Bio

@jpgman: That made me laugh nonstop for several minutes. I think that Batman is the worst.

#62 Posted by Dabee (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

Rob Liefiled. His art is an abomination. And the worst part is, he acts like he is comic book's Messiah.

I'd be interested to know just how much of his work you've actually read. Because I doubt you've read Youngbloods, X-Force, (which are some of the best selling comics of all time, both created by Liefeld) Hawk & Dove, or really much of anything. People just like to jump on the "Let's hate Liefeld!" bandwagon. And him making you want to punch your computer screen just makes you look childish, really. No offense, but saying what you're saying makes it look like you're just trying to fit in to something.

Liefeld basically is a comic book legend of his era. He helped created Image, he created Deadpool who still has an ongoing and has had plenty others along with miniseries, (not to mention a video game), and he created Cable who currently stars in an ongoing. So his work is hardly gone. With everything he's created, I'm sure when he reads posts like that he's laughing all the way to the bank.

#63 Posted by Jpgman (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Hahaha my pleasure. The artist for the Catwoman and Batman pics has said that the original comic was inkedby some other guy and that the print copy will have a edited version inked by himself, here's how it'll look in comparison to the original:

#64 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (5586 posts) - - Show Bio

@jpgman: Those new ones actually look really, really good. I'd read an ongoing New 52 title with that.

#65 Edited by ARMIV2 (7651 posts) - - Show Bio
@jpgman said:

@rulerofthisuniverse: Hahaha my pleasure. The artist for the Catwoman and Batman pics has said that the original comic was inkedby some other guy and that the print copy will have a edited version inked by himself, here's how it'll look in comparison to the original:

Jiminy Christmas, that improvement...

#66 Edited by flazam (2436 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by Pop123 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

The loser that did AvX.

#68 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (7999 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2 said:
@jpgman said:

Jiminy Christmas, that improvement...

Agreed.

#69 Posted by Jpgman (69 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by New_World_Order (11133 posts) - - Show Bio

Who ever does Uncanny X-Men.

#71 Posted by SideburnGuru (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Frazer Irving. His faces are ghastly and his colouring is abhorent

Oh my god. A killer thought just came to my head. The guy you mentioned here, would be absolutely perfect for a Grand Theft Auto series. I'm not even insulting Grand Theft Auto. I just got the best mental image of GTA 4's story drawn by this guy.

I think it's all about what he could be drawing.

And alright people, let's stop beating the Liefeld horse. I'm pretty sure everyone would say Liefeld is one of the worst, if not THE worst artist out there. Let's just move on from that.

#72 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3771 posts) - - Show Bio

@jpgman: HAHA, oh my God, it's awful!

#73 Edited by Wolverine08 (26253 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee:

Yes, Rob Liefield was a legend of the 90's. An era of fans obsessed with following the newest hot artist who drew characters with big muscles and big guns. Looking back at his work without nostalgia, it obvious to see that his art work is grotesquely horrible. He selfishly took sole credit for the creation of Youngblood, when documentation has shown his friend and collaborator Hank Kanalz helped him. He created a BLATANT Deathstroke knock in Deadpool who was a copycat down to his name and costume, and had to be fleshed out into a true character by likes of Joe Kelly, etc. Has admitted to being caught up with getting Hollywood production deals instead of helping grow Image as a company.

In short Liefield has two things to laugh at. His awful work, and the people who actually bought it.

#74 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4358 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Dillon, Greg Land and Rob Liefeld.

I'm going with this PLUS I personally love Humberto Ramos' art and Chris Bachalo's art. My brother loves Frank Quitely's art. Just saying

( + )

#75 Posted by Prodigy P (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Pure Evil: Rob Liefeld, Greg Land

Slightly tolerable: John Romita Jr, Humberto Ramos, Felipe Andrade, Emma Rios, Steve Dillon

Not too bad, but iffy: Mike Allred, Steve McNiven

#76 Posted by Dabee (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee:

He created a BLATANT Deathstroke knock in Deadpool who was a copycat down to his name and costume, and had to be fleshed out into a true character by likes of Joe Kelly, etc.

Deadpool was fleshed out by Liefeld early on, before Joe Kelly. Sure, I loved Joe Kelly's run. I'm not saying I didn't. But Liefeld's work on X-Force developed the character a lot as well. And really, yeah, Deadpool was kind of like Deathstroke. But Deathstroke in turn was a character with a lot of inspiration from Taskmaster. (Both created by George Perez) There are lots of characters that people can claim are ripped off of characters. People just like to focus on the Deadpool/Deathstroke similarities because they like to take as many cheap shots at Liefeld as they possibly can. Even if you completely forget about Deadpool, he has still created so many more unique characters that continue to dominate in ongoings to this day.

#77 Edited by Daredevilnut (103 posts) - - Show Bio

The most important thing you need to know before reading about all the terrible things Rob Liefeld has drawn is that he has never seen or talked to a woman in his life and has no idea what they look like or how their bodies operate. If you asked Rob Liefeld to draw a diagram of the uterus he'd put on a pair of gauntlets and punch the shit out of your chalkboard. This is how the man operates, and though I know it sounds like a lot, you have to believe me. I don't want you looking at the stuff he's drawing and think he's a conscious adult male with a creative job who can and has influenced the minds of young artists. The man is a pair of blue jeans with a face. He has on a backwards cap, and when he turns it around, it's still backwards.

This just says it all

#78 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't like Jae Lee.

#79 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Rob Liefield is probably one of the worst of all time. I can't stand Huberto Ramos though.

#80 Posted by Bierschneeman (3276 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite some Threadomancy you pulled here... a month old... but since its here

Rob Liefeld... its plain as saying George Lucas is the Worst Director of all time

sure when they both had a huge fan base because they "created" the extremely popular brands of their respective industries (star wars, Cable and Deapool)

when you go back and look, George Lucas didn't create Star Wars, all the best scenes he wanted cut from the movie, and stuff that couldn't get put in the script because people said it looked dumb (WERE AWFUL) in the same way Deapool and Cable were merely boring cardboard faces with big muscles that had no character. other people added all the elements we truly like from these characters

then after Liefeld kept putting out garbage he still had a following, much like George Lucas (god have you seen how bad Duckman is), all based on that initial suppose-ed creation.

I think although it may not have been clear then, it is now. you can now compare Liefeld to amazing artists like Jim Lee. and George Lucas composed his opus to how stupid he is (the Prequels) and then after he made phantom Menace (with no protagonist, no story, and no reason to exist) he went on to help destroy Indiana Jones (seriously watch the commentaries, ever stupid thing they did wrong was George Lucas' Ideas, like adding Aliens, and when people objected he browbeat them and pitched a hissy toddler fit until they put it in the movie, Like adding Aliens. though adding Aliens was a lot better than his first idea)

so this isn't really a discussion, i think, its just a medium to rant about how bad Liefeld is, because He is clearly the worst.

#81 Posted by Web_Flotsam (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

@wolverine08 said:

Rob Liefiled. His art is an abomination. And the worst part is, he acts like he is comic book's Messiah.

I'd be interested to know just how much of his work you've actually read. Because I doubt you've read Youngbloods, X-Force, (which are some of the best selling comics of all time, both created by Liefeld) Hawk & Dove, or really much of anything. People just like to jump on the "Let's hate Liefeld!" bandwagon. And him making you want to punch your computer screen just makes you look childish, really. No offense, but saying what you're saying makes it look like you're just trying to fit in to something.

Liefeld basically is a comic book legend of his era. He helped created Image, he created Deadpool who still has an ongoing and has had plenty others along with miniseries, (not to mention a video game), and he created Cable who currently stars in an ongoing. So his work is hardly gone. With everything he's created, I'm sure when he reads posts like that he's laughing all the way to the bank.

And yet he can't draw eyes, feet, or bodies. Or anything else really. I've seen him draw the same two characters three different ways on one page. And also...

Is this acceptable? No. No it isn't. (but at least he has eyes)
#82 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by Cap10nate (1877 posts) - - Show Bio

John Romita Jr. for me. I can't stand the way he draws faces and that most of the people are very rigid. I am very happy that he is leaving Captain America and Marvel.

#84 Posted by Joygirl (15325 posts) - - Show Bio

#85 Edited by dondave (26498 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like Lands work, sure his face are off, but I don't mind he traces or re-use pics, still looks good

#86 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1878 posts) - - Show Bio

Land and Romita are actually really good it all depends on what they are drawing. their current stuff isn't very good but I remeber being blown away by Lands artwork in Ultimate Power and Romita's in anything Spider-Man, Thor, Daredevil, Wolverine or Hulk related. His Avengers and Captain America haven't been that great though.

#87 Posted by nobodyisemo (222 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to skim through Batman and Robin Must Die! because of Frazer Irving's stupid art.

#88 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#89 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (781 posts) - - Show Bio

Pure Evil: Rob Liefeld, Greg Land

Slightly tolerable: John Romita Jr, Humberto Ramos, Felipe Andrade, Emma Rios, Steve Dillon

Not too bad, but iffy: Mike Allred, Steve McNiven

Really, Humberto Ramos is one of my favorite artist right now.

#90 Posted by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Greg Land

Steve Dillon

Rob Liefeld

#91 Edited by Sebast_Allen (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#92 Edited by Akindoodle (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@sebast_allen: ooh.... the expression on my face. Who drew that?

#93 Edited by RaggedScarecrow (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Dear sweet lord, I'm almost afraid to ask but who "drew" this abomination?

#94 Posted by Joygirl (15325 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (705 posts) - - Show Bio
@joygirl said:

@raggedscarecrow said:

@joygirl said:

"Art by Marat Mycheals and Dave Beatty" according to the DC database. The comic was Grifter #15 - Suicide Isn't Painless.

That is truly horrible. I just...I can't.....WHO LOOKED AT THIS AND SAID "Yup, totally cool for that to be printed."

#96 Posted by danhimself (21898 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@raggedscarecrow said:

@joygirl said:

"Art by Marat Mycheals and Dave Beatty" according to the DC database. The comic was Grifter #15 - Suicide Isn't Painless.

That is truly horrible. I just...I can't.....WHO LOOKED AT THIS AND SAID "Yup, totally cool for that to be printed."

good god it's like her eyes are running away from her nose

#97 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefeld

#98 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@raggedscarecrow said:
@joygirl said:

@raggedscarecrow said:

@joygirl said:

good god it's like her eyes are running away from her nose

Can you blame them? I'd be running too if I was on a face like that.

#99 Posted by camd (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Bachalo; if there's an opposite of photo-referencing, he's guilty of it.

I agree Bachalo's art seems to be either love or hate...and I hate it...ruined WATX for me (which had good stories)

#100 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

HUBERTO RAMOS IS AWFUL!!!!!