• 68 results
Posted by lifeofvibe (3509 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: wonder woman or captain America (84 votes)

wonder woman 54%
captain america 46%

in my opinion this is a hard one not only are there origins simaler but so are there costume well heres how i know there

1.trained for war

2.gaven powers

3. good hearted from the get go

4.costume theme are so simaler

5.they are both with trinity

batman superman wonder woman

captain america thor ironman

so whos your favorite cap or wonder woman

#3 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do I prefer? Cap. Present Diana is kinda unlikable, though I like her pre-52 incarnation.

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (43771 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America. He's definitely a better leader than Diana.

#5 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana. Cap bores me to death.

#6 Edited by dondave (38564 posts) - - Show Bio

I disliked them both, but prefer Diana over Steve

#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (43771 posts) - - Show Bio

Call me when Diana does something like this. Steve is a boss.

#9 Posted by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: That's nothing.

She made Batman look like a punk.

#10 Posted by MaccyD (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe Wonder Woman and Thor are way, way more similar than Cap and her.

#11 Posted by Jayc1324 (12824 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana is not a like able person in new 52 and she is kinda a jerk now so captain america

#12 Posted by russellmania77 (15676 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap because he is America

#13 Posted by X_Titans (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Call me when Diana does something like this. Steve is a boss.

I'm not even American and I still love this speech.

#14 Posted by MaccyD (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this scene in Marvel Now Avengers. Though I can't an image of the full scene. It's pretty much where Aleph (the robot) continuously asks the Cap to yield, which he continues to refuse, even when he is nearly dead. It is only stopped by Aleph's master's intervention. It is a good example of Cap's willpower and determination imo.

Also, later on the Cap gets the robot on the ground, stands on him and simply says; yield, so he's also a badass in that way.

#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (43771 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

I love this scene in Marvel Now Avengers. Though I can't an image of the full scene. It's pretty much where Aleph (the robot) continuously asks the Cap to yield, which he continues to refuse, even when he is nearly dead. It is only stopped by Aleph's master's intervention. It is a good example of Cap's willpower and determination imo.

Also, later on the Cap gets the robot on the ground, stands on him and simply says; yield, so he's also a badass in that way.

Exactly! Cap is a badass! He's truly Marvel's greatest hero.

#16 Posted by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Do you read Wonder Woman or Justice League and Justice League of America?

#17 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not much of a Marvel guy. So my opinion is heavily biased.

#18 Posted by Jayc1324 (12824 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: I read justice league so maybe I don't know everything there is to know about in new 52

#19 Posted by PowerHerc (85102 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America is the better character.

#20 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Wonder Woman better.

#21 Edited by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: In justice league Johns makes her look like a jerk and a totally different character.

#22 Edited by Manchine (4184 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily Captain America

#23 Posted by Jayc1324 (12824 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: yeah that's all I read with her in it so that's why I said she was a jerk. I guess she's better in her own series

#24 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

And that is why Cap is the bomb.

#25 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both characters, and the concept of both. Sadly, I also think both have historically had trouble being a good comic. Right now, I like WW's comic better than the Cap stuff I have read.

#26 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both characters, and the concept of both. Sadly, I also think both have historically had trouble being a good comic. Right now, I like WW's comic better than the Cap stuff I have read.

Ed Brubaker?

#27 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8249 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: Please either delete that post or censor it in MS paint, or something.

I'm not trying to sound like the Comic Vine police or anything, but this site has rules. :)

#28 Edited by lifeofvibe (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by MaccyD (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Lol at the Batman reference, you crafty buggers marvel. What comic is that? It looks like some sort of Origin story?

#30 Posted by sousukesagara (137 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@veshark: Lol at the Batman reference, you crafty buggers marvel. What comic is that? It looks like some sort of Origin story?

Lol, I'm not sure, found it online.

#33 Posted by lifeofvibe (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody else?

#34 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always found Cap boring. So I vote Diana.

#35 Posted by New_World_Order (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@lifeofvibe Wonder Woman and Thor are way, way more similar than Cap and her.

#36 Posted by Saren (25903 posts) - - Show Bio

They're both pretty boring.

#37 Posted by lifeofvibe (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: give me a list of things that make them so similar then I'll believe you

#38 Posted by Wolverine08 (43771 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Cap boring?

#39 Edited by New_World_Order (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I can't even lie, sometimes his comics are boring. Theh don't give you that comicy feeling. :P

#40 Posted by New_World_Order (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: Both trained warriors, kill when needed, gods, kingdoms most honored hero, sons/daughter of chief god, have great honour, wield powerful weapons, 3rd most famous out of there respective trinity, both magical on nature, same moral code, and more

#41 Posted by Mucklefluga (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it a fight?

#42 Edited by lifeofvibe (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by SOG7dc (7526 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Diana. I like her more. Nothing is mire attractive than a strong woman. That and she's the most badass dc character. WW would stand toe to tie with Imperiex AND galactus and shed be the one to throw the first punch.

#44 Edited by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman. ( Love her to bits)

Caps is annoyingly a bore.

#45 Posted by w0nd (3729 posts) - - Show Bio

cap is too self righteous for his own good at times. I read runaways and the kids tried several times to get a hold of him and the avengers, no luck, they handle the situation on their own and he scolds them and puts them in foster care.....

#46 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

cap is too self righteous for his own good at times. I read runaways and the kids tried several times to get a hold of him and the avengers, no luck, they handle the situation on their own and he scolds them and puts them in foster care.....

Cap comes across as an a** every time he appears as a guest in someone else's book. Why? Because it's easy to use him as an authority figure that the book's main character can then use as a crash dummy to show how right he or she is. It happens every time. All-New X-Men. Uncanny X-Men. Runaways. Venom. Superior Spider-Man. Writers love making him seem like a hard-arsed no-nonsense dictator and a punching bag.

People who claim that Cap's too sanctimonious or boring need to read actual Cap books to get an accurate portrayal of the character.

#47 Posted by Wolverine08 (43771 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Exactly! I don't know why writers do that to Cap.

#48 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Exactly! I don't know why writers do that to Cap.

It's understandable from a storytelling perspective - he's the most recognizable authority figure in the MU, so it's easy to bring him down to elevate other characters. It annoys me, but I can live with it. What irritates me far more is that because of these negative guest appearances, general comic fans have an inaccurate view of the character.

#49 Posted by God_Spawn (38114 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap gettin told off by Wolverine. Like a bawse.

#50 Posted by TDK_1997 (14988 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are really boring but I prefer Cap.