Wonder Woman durability.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SPOILERS FOR INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US!

In a recent issue, Diana was seriously injured when Captain Atom blew up. She was not that close to him either. He mentioned he had power of 10 nukes inside him. Now I know its not canon, but was that downplaying of her durability? Or would she really be almost killed by explosion of 10 nukes.

Now can someone please post the scan of her from that injustice issue? I'm on mobile.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gokuwarrior

@rbt:yes it was downplayin her durability,we have seen wonder woman taking nukes completely unharmed and taking things more powerful than nukes like taking silver swan's city busting scream,being hit by superman's heat vision at close range,then being punched by him from the sun back to earth and taking all that and the re entrey impact easily,taking lightnings from zeus and nekron,being punched into canada by power girl,being hit around the world by zoom,etc.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@rbt: Superman punched her from space to Earth once... it took like 5 mins for her to recover lol

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By youmessinwithme

well we can make like 50 megaton + bombs in real life, so i certainty would say this is downplaying for her and Superman.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:yes it was downplayin her durability,we have seen wonder woman taking nukes completely unharmed and taking things more powerful than nukes like taking silver swan's city busting scream,being hit by superman's heat vision at close range,then being punched by him from the sun back to earth and taking all that and the re entrey impact easily,taking lightnings from zeus and nekron,being punched into canada by power girl,being hit around the world by zoom,etc.

To be fair he one-shotted her

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By lightsout

Oh how comic feats change. Back in Kingdom Come (circa 1996), the bomb dropped on the waring heros was 1-megaton. Superman (who is considerably stronger than modern superman** - & this is backed up by canon issues) was the only non-protected hero that survived (Captain Marvel was right next to the bomb & he died), and supposedly the only reason some others (WW, Batman, etc) survived was that GL & other energy wielders combined their shielding & they barely made it.

**Though to be fair, he seemed hardly harmed by it at all, so modern Supes could very well survive it too.

This blast is 7 times as powerful. And it's so lame when comics just say "nukes". The bombs dropped on Japan in WWII were 16 & 23 kilo tons - aka 3 zeros (compared to megaton's 6, meaning 1 megaton is 1,000 times more powerful than 1 kiloton). There's quite a large difference in energy output possible.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gokuwarrior

@rbt: Superman punched her from space to Earth once... it took like 5 mins for her to recover lol

it took her way less than 5 minutes,by the times she hit earth she was conscious,so yes they were downplaying her durability in injustice gods among us.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: she was conscious when she hit earth and after taking all that,heat vision,superman's hits,ice breath,re entrey impact,she kept on fighting,my point is that we have seen wonder woman taking things more powerful than the power of 10 nukes,so they were downplaying her durability in injustice gods among us.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dondave

@dondave: she was conscious when she hit earth and after taking all that,heat vision,superman's hits,ice breath,re entrey impact,she kept on fighting,my point is that we have seen wonder woman taking things more powerful than the power of 10 nukes,so they were downplaying her durability in injustice gods among us.

No, she was knocked out with one punch and only woke up because she was burning upon re-entry to Earth Atmosphere

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:that's what i said,when she hit earth she was conscious,i don't understand,do you say that she can't take the power of 10 nukes?,because i have seen her taking attacks more powerful than that.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:that's what i said,when she hit earth she was conscious,i don't understand,do you say that she can't take the power of 10 nukes?,because i have seen her taking attacks more powerful than that.

I didn't say she couldn't tank the nuke, I just disagreed that she was completely unharmed being punched from space to earth when she she was knocked out and only woke up because she was burning

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@gokuwarrior said:

I didn't say she couldn't tank the nuke, I just disagreed that she was completely unharmed being punched from space to earth when she she was knocked out and only woke up because she was burning

what i said is that she was able to take all that damage in her fight with superman without serious injures,she took all that really well,after taking all that she was nowhere near as damaged as her version from injustice gods was after that exlosion,i used the superman fight and other fights as examples to prove that wonder woman has been able to take more damage than the power of 10 nukes without being seriously injured.