This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Comicjew (164 posts) - - Show Bio

What did you think of Nick's Wolverine and the X-Men show?
#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it.

#3 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good.
#4 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicjew: I really liked it when they cancelled the second season.  LOL
#5 Posted by Comicjew (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame: Ditto
#6 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicjew said:

"
@Edamame: Ditto "

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:

" @Comicjew said:

"
@Edamame: Ditto "

"
I was looking forward to that -__-
#8 Posted by TheMarvelFanboy (270 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped watching after  the third episode.
#9 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Apocalypse! Apocalypse! Apocalypse! Apocalypse! Apocalypse!
#10 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Comicjew: I really liked it when they cancelled the second season.  LOL "
Are you mad?
#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

You can decide for yourself whether or not you'll like it from the title; it does not lie. It is WOLVERINE and the X-Men, not the X-Men and Wolverine. He is in it way too much, I don't care if it is his show, he's still in it too much. Not to mention the fact that a series focusing on Wolverine where he can't use his claws on living things is just stupid. 

Nevertheless, the animation was great, there were lots of cameos, and every single other character was enjoyable to watch. 

#12 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" @Edamame said:
" @Comicjew: I really liked it when they cancelled the second season.  LOL "
Are you mad? "
LOL.
#13 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:
I agree with you. I am surprised that even allowed Wolverine to appear in TV considering that his main abilities are his adamantium claws and and a healing factor.
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt: I agree with you. I am surprised that even allowed Wolverine to appear in TV considering that his main abilities are his adamantium claws and and a healing factor. "
Yeah, it's a little odd. I understand why he can't go around stabbing and slashing, but it's so ridiculous when people run at him and he pops the claws only to then throw them away lol. I mean, what's the point?
#15 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Just to scare them away. LOL
#16 Edited by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:
The point is that they wanted to show Wolverine so much that they were willing to tone him down even though it's silly when he can't use his powers.
#17 Posted by Ms. Omega (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it

#18 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

There was favoritism everywhere, Polaris was utterly repulsive (she's really cute..............IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE CHARACTER BEFORE), Storm was weak as hell, Arclight was a MAN, Jean Grey's appearance was forced and she didn't even do much, Emma Frost worked but her "death" at the end of the season was stupid as hell, Storm was a straight up punk  who got knocked down all the time, didn't possess any leadership skills, and had a romance with Angel................the series disgusted me to be honest with you. 

cont.d 

Wolverine did it with Mystique and she was very sad over his departure (gag me with a foot), why did they remove Mystique as Brotherhood HBIC and put DOMINO in her place?  If the writer's were smart at all, they would've made DUST for more important in this series, because she had a helluva lot of possibilities. 
#19 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good show. However, I don't get why Marvel pulled the plug on this show and spectacular spider man, while shows like ironman armored adventures and super hero squad get more seasons despite the bad reviews.    

#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate: They're owned completely by Marvel, whereas WaXM and SpecSpi are partially owned by other companies. It was just easier to axe them and start again.
#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate: reveiws dont mean much as long as the ratings are good, there are lots of shows that get constantly terrible reviews but still get great ratings so they stay on 
#22 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

pissed off beyond explaination that it got canceled, but my god i hated alot of the character designs, and it was just another cartoon where wolverine could only punch living things

#23 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:
I wasn't talking about ratings, I was mainly comparing the quality.
#24 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed it.

#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate: i know i was just pointing out that theres a lot of crap that doesnt deserve to be successful that is like for instance freinds was an awful show it had bad writing wasnt funny at all yet people acted like it was the best thing ever while many shows of far superior quality are canceled and forgotten
#26 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:
I know. The same thing could be said about movies, games and music. Try telling anyone that the 2000 he-man cartoon is alot better than the campy 80 cartoon.
#27 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

it sucked

#28 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @Death Certificate: i know i was just pointing out that theres a lot of crap that doesnt deserve to be successful that is like for instance freinds was an awful show it had bad writing wasnt funny at all yet people acted like it was the best thing ever while many shows of far superior quality are canceled and forgotten "

Evil-lyn had me from the start.  

#29 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage:
The audio was taken off , but I get it evil-lyn was cool. Plus skeletor was a bad-ass villan unlike the gay-undertone 80's version

#30 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved both the 80s he man series and the 2000 one but for different reasons

#31 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:
"@White Mage: The audio was taken off , but I get it evil-lyn was cool. Plus skeletor was a bad-ass villan unlike the gay-undertone 80's version    "

Yeah, but trust me, if you've heard some youtubers taste in music when it comes to making music videos for shows/games, you'd never mind silence again.
#32 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched it up until Nightcrawler tried to escape Genosha.  The show was decent, and I liked the art style. I just couldn't seem to get into it.

#33 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

some music videos made by youtubers are good but i agree some are horrible

#34 Posted by Time Walker (313 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was good. Too bad it's discontinued.

#35 Posted by Tainted-Cell (299 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was cool that Phil LaMarr provided the voice for Gambit, but as an X-Fan, this took far too many liberties and like everyone else said, featured far too much of Wolverine for it to grab me.

#36 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Death Certificate: They're owned completely by Marvel, whereas WaXM and SpecSpi are partially owned by other companies. It was just easier to axe them and start again. "
They are starting again?
#37 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: 
Ultimate Spider-Man animated series has officially been announced. 
#38 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" I watched it up until Nightcrawler tried to escape Genosha.  The show was decent, and I liked the art style. I just couldn't seem to get into it. "
You probably wouldn´t have enjoyed the Age of Apocalypse season 2 either. 
#39 Posted by mimschkin (626 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Wolverine so I didn't mind the extensive use of the character. It definitely needed more Nightcrawler though. Overall, I think it did a pretty good job at adapting the books for a younger audience. At the same time, it was really rather smart - it had a good long story arc that was complex yet well explained and it didn't treat the viewers like morons. I actually think it's the best X-Men adaptation in cartoon form. But it definitely needed more Kurt.

#40 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Edamame:  Ultimate Spider-Man animated series has officially been announced.  "
Nothing Age of Apoc. or X-men though.
#41 Posted by CaptainUseless (730 posts) - - Show Bio

I was never a fan of this show, although I was looking forward to the second series because the fact they were going to base it on Age of Apocolypse.

#42 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18855 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Emma's character :D

#43 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio