With prep time could batman beat anyone he wanted?

• 57 results
Avatar image for everythingcomics
Everythingcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Everythingcomics

With prep time could batman beat anyone he wanted. I ask that because that's the way it's beginning to seem.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

No. It doesn't seem that way that's just how fanboys make it out to seem. I doubt he could beat Shazam ( A mature shazam at that), Darkseid, and from Marvel there is no way he could beat Thor, Galactus or his heralds. That's just a few from each side.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can beat most people but not everyone. People like Galactus and celestials can't really be beat and there are more people less powerful than them that he can't beat too but he can still beat most people. He even beat superman without prep in new 52 but most people will call that PIS

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

No. Unless your a fanboy you wouldn't believe he could.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: only problem with what you said is that Batman killed Darkseid before

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

It had nothing to do with prep however. The question was can he beat anyone with prep. No amount of prep can help him beat Darkseid that time he killed Darkseid had nothing to do with that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: well if he can beat Darkseid without prep then why can't he beat him with prep?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: The only way he could kill him was with that specific weapon which isn't exactly in a museum somewhere and he can just buy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: I'm sure he could find radion or synthesize it with enough prep time

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

Okay whatever you say but no matter what he has he can spam Omega Beams or like New 52 Darkseid speedblitz

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wish.

I'm thinking he could come up with a way to beat most everyone under planet buster, but execution might be impossible. Like there are tons of ways to beat the flash. But he so ROFLGODstomp fast, he wouldn't be able to do it without proper assistance. Maybe with classic beyonder... Maybe....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

Then he has to worry about a punch from darkseid that would shatter Batman. Other then that Weapon (A Bullet I believe) there is no way he can kill Darkseid in under 2 seconds. Anymore is enough for him to kill Batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: this is true but Batman could just use stealth. He has already infiltrated apokolips and Darkseids home before

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

THIS GUY IS AN EPIC TROLL, DO NOT FEED HIM FAECES.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Maybe magic users or at least with mystic powers.

Aside higher power, magic characters usally dont have any weakness and have a immense power. Plus any magic threat, he calls Zatanna for magic support.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With a billion years of prep, Batman would still be effortlessly turned into horse manure by Q.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By judasnixon
No Caption Provided

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeepeh

@judasnixon: ..... That better not be what I think it is.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid, Spectre, Phantom Stranger, Lucifer and Michael (pre-52), Dream and his family, pre-52 Eclipso, Presence, Anti-Monitor, Trigon, Emotional Entities, Great Evil Beast, Nekron, Guardians, etc... all if written right would NEVER lose to Batman unless he had a plot device.

And that is just DC...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the writer wanted to, he could.... Unless the celestials of course... But even then some plot devices do the trick...

As for beating everyone with prep without a plot device, I have to say he cannot beat everyone...

Sure he could beat a lot of people, heck I believe he can beat each member of the justice league individually if he actually utilises prep time against them (some has to be in character though)... But that is because almost all of them have weaknesses of some sort...

Characters at Superman level (or even below) speed and strength without any weaknesses will beat batman regardless of his prep time. An example is doomsday. He does not have a certain green rock that messes up his superpowers.... So batman probably couldn't beat him even with prep.

Then again, writers are in charge of everything bat prep is capable of... The thing with prep masters are that they can beat anyone assuming the writer can come up with a half logical way to do so..

You want batman to beat darkseid? Give him a gun with a radeon bullet and here you go... You want him to beat superman? Give him kryptonite and here you go, it all makes sense..

But against certain characters, there is nothing writers can give batman to beat them.. If Doomsday attacked Bruce, he won't be able to pull a plot device out and actually make it look somehow logical...

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@stormshadow_x: Yeah, I'm one of the biggest Batman homers on this site and I agree there is no way he is beating Thor, Galactus, the Surfer or any of those types of characters with no real weaknesses.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the writer wanted to, he could.... Unless the celestials of course... But even then some plot devices do the trick...

As for beating everyone with prep without a plot device, I have to say he cannot beat everyone...

Sure he could beat a lot of people, heck I believe he can beat each member of the justice league individually if he actually utilises prep time against them (some has to be in character though)... But that is because almost all of them have weaknesses of some sort...

Characters at Superman level (or even below) speed and strength without any weaknesses will beat batman regardless of his prep time. An example is doomsday. He does not have a certain green rock that messes up his superpowers.... So batman probably couldn't beat him even with prep.

Then again, writers are in charge of everything bat prep is capable of... The thing with prep masters are that they can beat anyone assuming the writer can come up with a half logical way to do so..

You want batman to beat darkseid? Give him a gun with a radeon bullet and here you go... You want him to beat superman? Give him kryptonite and here you go, it all makes sense..

But against certain characters, there is nothing writers can give batman to beat them.. If Doomsday attacked Bruce, he won't be able to pull a plot device out and actually make it look somehow logical...

That's easy. Call up his boy Clark.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9 said:

That's easy. Call up his boy Clark.

He could do that, but that would not mean Bruce beat doomsday would it??

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only in a fanboys mind.

I'll start with the most limited example i can think of. Deadpool gets hired to take him out. As we all know, not only is Deadpool a tremendous fighter who's beaten the likes of Cap before, but the guy simply can not die (he's survived a point blank Nuclear explosion). Add to that he combines Joker's Insanity with Spider-Man's need to talk all the time, and you have the guy who is going to take down the bat.

Why? No plan can possibly work on Deadpool, because he screws it up by being so damn crazy, or he actually figures it out and counters it. Add to the fact he matches Batman in h2h, he would then drive batman to suicide with all the incessant buffoonery.

Take another example. Thor. What can Bats realistically do to hurt him? How does a human with a scary costume, tons of money and a bunch of themed gadgets compete with an Asgardian god who can bust planets in half with a big, scary hammer? Simple answer, he can't.

I think the most rediculous example I've ever seen argued is that Batman is somehow capable of taking down Phoenix. As you roll that statement over, keep in mind that the closest any non cosmic level ever came was Iron Man and his big disruptor armor, which only broke the Phoenix into pieces and made the situation worse. And, as smart as Batman is, i don't think he's Tony Stark smart, certainly not Reed Richards smart.

Batman is an amazing character, and fun to read about. I just wish writers, and fans, would be more realistic about his abilities.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BlackWind

Lol at Darkseid ever losing to Batman. And don't Sven try to being up FC.

To answer the OP, anyone within the context of a story can beat anyone. Can they do so logically? Hell no.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

No he could not beat anyone he wanted.

To be honest, I don't know why people view prep time with Batman as a positive for the character. You're basically saying, Batman could beat anyone in a confrontation if he were to be given a handicap and all of the variables were to favor him. Am I the only one that doesn't find that impressive.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but he can beat most of earth's high tier heroes

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By primebonnick

excuse my french but F--K NO.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RustyRoy

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Homer_X

Almost everyone

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

@primebonnick: Watch it. You might get flagged.

i know but with this question it was well worth it.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahatebrenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No Caption Provided

Of Course

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, we left the silver age a long time ago

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#40  Edited By SC  Moderator

@primebonnick said:

excuse my french but F--K NO.

Unfortunately your French can not be excused. No users at CV including staff or moderators French can be excused. I know it may seem like a small rule to some, but please follow it, and if you really wish to express that idea its pretty easy to use a censored version as demonstrated by my edit, since that is actually allowed under the rules.

Thank you.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He couldnt ever beat Constantine

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#42 SC  Moderator

Batman as in the fictional character by virtue of being fictional and just like any other fictional character can do anything a writer allows them to, or essentially whatever a persons imagination will allow for. To be more specific, realistic and focusing on say actual DC continuity and what writers and editors would allow, well then probably not. Batman is generally designed to punch above his weight and as a very popular iconic figure that can really appeal to certain writers who like to layer up a lot of meta themes with their writing (Batgod) thematically Batman could beat a lot of things, but if you mean in a literally simple punch vs punch way then no.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO theres beings way beyond him that'll just blink him out of existence.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no, unless you're a fanboy.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: fair enough i wholly accept i did wrong, but it was well worth it for this. I will follow the rules though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, he wouldn't be able to beat Storm.

Avatar image for nthmetalwarrior
NthMetalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NthMetalWarrior

He cant defeat anything without an obvious weakness

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's be clear, "prep time" means setting traps and preplanning to deal with an opponent's skillset/powers not "putting on an immensely powered suit of armor". Correct?, if so... he can't beat Spider-man with any amount of prep, as Parker is immune to traps or being caught unawares.