#1 Posted by Drummer007 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big Winter Soldier fan and love that Ed Brubaker brought a great character back like Bucky so creatively and he needs his own shot on an Avengers team. Right now most of the Marvel Universe thinks he dead but i feel like that needs to end and that he needs to start working with the Avengers. I thought he would work well on the Secret Avengers but they are ending that run. What do you think? Bucky rejoin Cap and other avengers?

#2 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@Drummer007: There's still a few spaces left:

#3 Posted by Drummer007 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Good point.

#4 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh...I don't know. I'm a big fan of Bucky, both in his time as the Winter Soldier and as Captain America II. But I don't feel like he'll bring anything new to the team. Plus, with his history as a largely covert operative, Bucky just doesn't seem like the right fit for the Avengers. It was alright when he was carrying the shield, but I don't think the Avengers suits his present modus operandi.

That being said, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. If Hickman can come up with a suitable justification, I'm willing to give it a chance. I don't know, maybe he could be part of a stealth division of the team? With Hawkeye, Wolverine, and Widow? Lol, I don't know, I'm just spitballing here XD

#5 Posted by JimmyJLocke (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if you heard about this or not but they are relaunching a new Secret Avengers book that comes out this Wednesday that has Bucky on the team. So I guess your dream came true!!

#7 Posted by Drummer007 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@JimmyJLocke: well thanks. I didn't know that at all. I think that fits him perfectly. it's like said about working with hawkeye and widow. I looks like they already came up with the Secret Avengers idea. That's where i thought he really would fit in and i thought they were canceling that title all together. Guess i need to keep up with things better.

#8 Posted by ThexX (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@Drummer007: Bucky is in Secret Avengers. He also might be in regular in Avengers title. If you reread Avengers #2 look for when Tony and Steve are looking over the list for candidates for the the team and James Barnes is one of the names on the list. (It is the last name on the list.)

#9 Posted by Drummer007 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThexX: That's awesome to know. I know i'm picking up Secret Avengers this week and looking to see if he shows up on Hickman's Avengers in the future. That's a good eye to catch him on the list. I'm going to look tonight. Brubaker did to great of a job to have Bucky only stay in his own title.

#10 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Captain Americas on the team...doesn't seem right...

You're right about Bucky being a better fit for the Secret Avengers.