Winter Soldier, best DC or Marvel film since the Avengers?

• 114 results
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RustyRoy

its better than Avengers in my opinion. the plot is better, the action is better, there's more character development, etc.

also Iron Man 1 is better than Avengers for the same reason, in my opinion. (less so with the action though)

This. And Iron Man is also better than TWS.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand all the Man of Steel love, that movie was horrible. It was Green Lantern bad.

I loved it. it was a serious superman movie. the scenes were deep, the fighting was epic, superman was superman.

my list from iron man 1

cap 2

man o steel

avengers

dark knight

dark knight rises

xmen first class

the wolverine

thor

iron man 2

captain America

iron man

thor 2

incredible hulk

xmen origins wolverine

green lantern

iron man 3

amazing spiderman

the last 4 are the only ones I hated

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't trust fanbase ratings with my life. That's what it is anyway. IMDb and RT ratings mean squat. Look at Man of Steel: RT rated it 56%. Fairly harsh for a film that tripled in profit, I think.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason I can't have Iron Man 1 ahead of TWS is because of 1 fatal flaw in Iron Man.....what is Obadiah going to do after he takes off the suit? The villain had no end game and it gnaws at me on an otherwise great movie. Man of Steel....flaws, flaws everywhere. When Mark Waid says it is something he wouldn't want to watch again it says something.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By sentryman555

Honestly the way a lot of people are talking about Man Of Steel is how I feel about Avengers. After the first time I can't really watch it again. It's just not that entertaining to me. So Winter Solider easily beats Avengers for me. It's really close up there to being my favorite comic movie. Cap was great and we got to see him being Captain America. It had all the elements a man out of time, inspirational speeches, and most importantly fighting for what he believed in. Plus we got character development from Black Widow as well. While I feel like every other marvel movie for a character after his origin has given me no character development what so ever.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I preferred TWS to the Avengers and MOS,and I preferred Rises to TWS soo.... Still I think Avengers was the safest flick while TDKR the most ambitious. I liked MOS when it came but have to admit I've started to notice it's flaws which are fairly immense.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Yeap different strokes for different folks, personally I can't stand Rises.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: Yeap different strokes for different folks, personally I can't stand Rises.

I love Rises, lol. I understand why people don't like it, but to me, the good outweighs the bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm from the Future. X-men: Days Of Future Past is amazing!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

DOFP.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#62  Edited By Fallschirmjager
Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer ASM 2. I rewatched Cap 2 twice and I still don't like it. The only thing I like about Cap 2 was the Winter Soldier scenes. X-Men DOFP was a fun ride but kind of meh. I might rewatch it to get some perspective.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Whirlwind_33
Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yeah..I liked DOFP, but I'd just rate it above-average. I liked TWS more. I think both X-Men and X-Men 2 were better than DOFP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah..I liked DOFP, but I'd just rate it above-average. I liked TWS more. I think both X-Men and X-Men 2 were better than DOFP.

I agree 100%

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By ccraft

MOS>>>DOFP>>>WATCHMEN>>>X2>>>X1>>>V FOR VENDETTA>>>CAPTWS>>>AVENGERS

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DoFP, The Wolverine are better and TDKR is almost as good and its better than Avengers.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Always good to find someone else whom likes X-Men. I find that movie so underrated.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't trust fanbase ratings with my life. That's what it is anyway. IMDb and RT ratings mean squat. Look at Man of Steel: RT rated it 56%. Fairly harsh for a film that tripled in profit, I think.

Ikr...

cortadew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion DoFP is better than TWS and wayyy better than MoS.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cortadew said:

In my opinion DoFP is better than TWS and wayyy better than MoS.

+1

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#73  Edited By frozen  Moderator

I do not think so.

Days of Future Past, The Dark Knight Rises and Dredd are all much better than The Avengers. But, I do prefer TWS over The Avengers.

Man of Steel > The Avengers; probably an unpopular opinion (in fact, it is) but I do prefer it over The Avengers.

CptMerc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say that Winter soldier is best comic book movie since Avengers. It definitely wouldn't be the Dark knight rises or Man of steel. When you watched those movies for the first time it was like wow. But the second time around the WOW effect was completely gone. Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty good though.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@cptmerc said:

I would say that Winter soldier is best comic book movie since Avengers. It definitely wouldn't be the Dark knight rises or Man of steel. When you watched those movies for the first time it was like wow. But the second time around the WOW effect was completely gone. Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty good though.

I felt different in regards to The Avengers. I just don't find it as appealing as it was in 2012: the effect is gone. I liked The Dark Knight Rises due to the shift in genre from The Dark Knight and the Tale of Two Cities analogy, and Man of Steel keeps me interested due to the ending's hint at the future of modern Superman.

I forgot about Guardians. That film trumps both The Avengers and TWS for me. Fantastic chemistry between the characters, that's more of an improved version of The Avengers.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's my personal favorite.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving said:

I love Rises, lol. I understand why people don't like it, but to me, the good outweighs the bad.

Bane breaking Batman's back is easily my favorite moment in the trilogy, I'd personally rate it in this order BB > TDK > TDKR, not that I don't like TDKR.

Anyways, I still think MOS was better TWS, I just didn't feel for the characters Cap, WS, or Black Widow. The action and plot was captivating, but the film didn't pull at my heart strings, plain action flick for me.

CptMerc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I can see the guardians being a more improved version of the avengers. But as for as Man Of Steel and Dark Knight Rises, I caught myself questioning alot of what the characters were doing in the movie. Kind of like why did Batman do that or why did Supes do this. It felt more like the writers wanted to keep us amazed more than they wanted us to be interested in the story itself.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#79  Edited By EyeDCyou

WAIT... I forgot that DKR came out after Avengers...

I'd rank them (based on how much I LIKED THEM)

1. Dark Knight Rises

2. Guardians of the Galaxy

3. Man of Steel

4. Cap 2

3 miles of sh*t

5. Iron Man 3

10 miles of sh*t

6. Thor 2

This isn't including FOX and Sony films. But if I had to rank them based on a general standpoint, I'd say that Cap 2 is 2nd since Avengers behind DKR, and barley in front of GotG.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@farkam said:

Man of Steel nailed the last nail in my coffin

good

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

DC's movies are currently some of the most overrated movies that are still popular.

That being said, I find all the Batman movies and Man of Steel enjoyable, but they all have flaws that a ton of fans either deny or dismiss.

Yes, I think Captain America 2 is the best MCU movie next to Iron Man. Guardians of the Galaxy is the most enjoyable.

X-Men movies would be better if they'd stop using the F word.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand all the Man of Steel love, that movie was horrible. It was Green Lantern bad.

cept it was a masterpiece and green lantern was barely bad it was just sosososo extremely mediocre

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MY RATING SYSTEM

• 6 - THE ABSOLUTE
  • 5 - AMAZING / SUPURB
  • 4 - GREAT
  • 3 - GOOD
  • 2 - OK / MEH
  • 1 - BAD
  • 0 - HORRIBLE
  1. BATMAN - low 3
  2. BATMAN RETURNS - 2
  3. BATMAN FOREVER - 1
  4. BATMAN & ROBIN - 0
  5. BATMAN - MASK OF THE PHANTASM - 4
  6. BATMAN - SUB ZERO - 3
  7. BATMAN BEGINS - 4
  8. THE DARK KNIGHT - 6
  9. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - low 4
  10. SUPERMAN - high 2
  11. SUPERMAN 2 - 3
  12. SUPERMAN RETURNS - 3
  13. MAN OF STEEL - high 5
  14. IRONMAN - 4
  15. IRONMAN 2 - 3
  16. IRONMAN 3 - low 4/high 3
  17. THOR - 4
  18. THOR THE DARK WORLD - 4
  19. CAPTAIN AMERICA - THE FIRST AVENGER - 4
  20. CAPTAIN AMERICA - THE WINTER SOLDIER - 5
  21. HULK - 3
  22. THE INCREDIBLE HULK - low 4/high 3
  23. THE AVENGERS - 5
  24. X-MEN - 3
  25. X-MEN 2 - high 3
  26. X-MEN 3 - 2
  27. WOLVERINE ORIGINS - low 2
  28. X-MEN FIRST CLASS - 4
  29. THE WOLVERINE - 4
  30. X-MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - high 4
  31. SPIDERMAN - 3
  32. SPIDERMAN 2 - 3
  33. SPIDERMAN 2 - low 3
  34. PUNISHER (90s) - 2
  35. PUNISHER (jane) - 3
  36. PUNISHER WAR ZONE - 3
  37. DAREDEVIL - 3
  38. GREEN LANTERN - 2
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

MOS was far better IMO. That said, winter soldier was a really good movie.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@cptmerc said:

@frozen: I can see the guardians being a more improved version of the avengers. But as for as Man Of Steel and Dark Knight Rises, I caught myself questioning alot of what the characters were doing in the movie. Kind of like why did Batman do that or why did Supes do this. It felt more like the writers wanted to keep us amazed more than they wanted us to be interested in the story itself.

I think TDKR is a very smart move from Nolan's part from a film-making standpoint. Instead of creating a crime-thriller like The Dark Knight was, he completely shifted the genre to the epic-disaster film and made it unique in it's own right, while concluding the story and bringing it full circle. I would not watch TDKR on it's own anyway, I would watch the trilogy in chronological order.

In regards to Man of Steel, it was pretentious, but the sound-track is very good and it was an ambitious movie. I liked the ambition, it was something which Superman Returns completely lacked.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@cptmerc said:

I think TDKR is a very smart move from Nolan's part from a film-making standpoint. Instead of creating a crime-thriller like The Dark Knight was, he completely shifted the genre to the epic-disaster film and made it unique in it's own right, while concluding the story and bringing it full circle. I would not watch TDKR on it's own anyway, I would watch the trilogy in chronological order.

In regards to Man of Steel, it was pretentious, but the sound-track is very good and it was an ambitious movie. I liked the ambition, it was something which Superman Returns completely lacked.

how the f++k was it pretentious?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 frozen  Moderator
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 frozen  Moderator

@eyedcyou said:

WAIT... I forgot that DKR came out after Avengers...

I'd rank them (based on how much I LIKED THEM)

1. Dark Knight Rises

2. Guardians of the Galaxy

3. Man of Steel

4. Cap 2

3 miles of sh*t

5. Iron Man 3

10 miles of sh*t

6. Thor 2

This isn't including FOX and Sony films. But if I had to rank them based on a general standpoint, I'd say that Cap 2 is 2nd since Avengers behind DKR, and barley in front of GotG.

You really disliked Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 huh? Though, I hated Iron Man 3 much more. Thor 2 to me, is just very mediocre and lazy. Iron Man 3 in my opinion is awful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I did haha. Iron Man 3 was just a trainwreck for me, and Thor 2 I agree was just lazy and pretty lame. I guess the main reason that Iron Man 3 is before Thor 2 for me is because at least RDJ makes things fun to watch. While Chris Hemsworth has the personality of a potato.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I personally enjoyed Asm2 more, but yeah I would probably say TWS is the best CBM in the last 2 years.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel is still my favourite with Winter Soldier being a close second. Batman Begins follows up to to that. Best Batman film around.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't care for Winter Soldier. Dark Knight Rises had a lot of flaws, but the directing, acting, pacing, characters plot, and villain were much better in my opinion. I just wanted Winter Soldier to end. Everything about it was mediocre to me. The plot was the best of any Marvel movie, but the focus on fighting and jokes ruined it for me. I have not seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet, so it may be the greatest one yet!

My favorite superhero movies are:

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman Begins

3. The Dark Knight Rises

4. Spider-man 2

5. Iron Man

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@cptmerc said:

I felt different in regards to The Avengers. I just don't find it as appealing as it was in 2012: the effect is gone. I liked The Dark Knight Rises due to the shift in genre from The Dark Knight and the Tale of Two Cities analogy, and Man of Steel keeps me interested due to the ending's hint at the future of modern Superman.

I forgot about Guardians. That film trumps both The Avengers and GOTG for me. Fantastic chemistry between the characters, that's more of an improved version of The Avengers.

Guardians of The Galaxy trumps itself?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

@cptmerc said:

I forgot about Guardians. That film trumps both The Avengers and GOTG for me. Fantastic chemistry between the characters, that's more of an improved version of The Avengers.

Guardians of The Galaxy trumps itself?

* Trumps TWS

jersey_no_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers is the best superhero movie followed by Batman Triology and then Winter Soldier.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 frozen  Moderator
@eyedcyou said:

@frozen: I did haha. Iron Man 3 was just a trainwreck for me, and Thor 2 I agree was just lazy and pretty lame. I guess the main reason that Iron Man 3 is before Thor 2 for me is because at least RDJ makes things fun to watch. While Chris Hemsworth has the personality of a potato.

Iron Man 3 was a train wreck. It's a shame because it had so much potential but the twist killed it for me. Thor 2 was lazy; and most of all very forgettable, the only similarity between Thor and Chris Hemsworth is aesthetics.

I wish Marvel would at least make Iron Man 4 to fix their mistakes but based on RDJ's comments, it seems unlikely.

jersey_no_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

movie that can overcome Avengers will be Avengers 2.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By EyeDCyou

@frozen said:
@eyedcyou said:

Iron Man 3 was a train wreck. It's a shame because it had so much potential but the twist killed it for me. Thor 2 was lazy; and most of all very forgettable, the only similarity between Thor and Chris Hemsworth is aesthetics.

I wish Marvel would at least make Iron Man 4 to fix their mistakes but based on RDJ's comments, it seems unlikely.

I'd say I'd be open to Iron Man 4, but Iron man 1 was amazing, Iron man 2 was bad, and Iron man 3 was terrible. Getting progressively worse doesn't make me want to see another :P I'd rather Marvel creates new series on other heroes... like Doctor Strange!

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: When did MoS pull at your heart strings?