Winter Soldier: 8.5/10

• 85 results
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do people have to die for a movie to be good?

YES!

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@wolverine08 said:

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

7.5 or 8/10. It wasn't a masterpiece, but it was entertaining. Some of it was way over the top, but what can you expect from a Marvel Studios movie, eh?

Like what?

The fact that nobody important dies, and that they can all pretty much survive a building and a helicarrier exploding on top of them :P. Regardless its a great movie 8.5/10. And I think it will age a lot better then the other movies as well. Sheen Lantern just has a stick up his butt apparently.

Gotta love internet tough guys.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wolverine08 said:

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

7.5 or 8/10. It wasn't a masterpiece, but it was entertaining. Some of it was way over the top, but what can you expect from a Marvel Studios movie, eh?

Like what?

The fact that nobody important dies, and that they can all pretty much survive a building and a helicarrier exploding on top of them :P. Regardless its a great movie 8.5/10. And I think it will age a lot better then the other movies as well. Sheen Lantern just has a stick up his butt apparently.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9.5/10 gotta leave room for a better movie in the future :)

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

8.5-9/10 for moi

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Wolverine008

10/10.

Okay, I'll go with a 9 for now. Gotta leave room for improvement and never settle :D

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arturo, I still haven't seen it. :-(

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern:

Whatever you meant by "bad acting". Why do you feel that the acting was bad? To me they did an excellent job.

In the context of summer blockbuster action movie? Maybe, I would say this gives Transformers a run for it's money.

In the context of the likes of The Godfather? An actual 10/10 movie? No, Chris Evan's three emotions; Happy, sad and angry, and Johansson's stunning performance as boobs on legs just insult by comparison.

The beginning of this film perfectly sums it up. Captain America beating people up, obviously fake French accents, and a gratuitous shot of Scarlett Johansson's ass. You have to admire my willpower to have not walked out of the cinema right then and there.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern:

In the context of summer blockbuster action movie? Maybe, I would say this gives Transformers a run for it's money.

In the context of the likes of The Godfather? An actual 10/10 movie? No, Chris Evan's three emotions; Happy, sad and angry, and Johansson's stunning performance as boobs on legs just insult by comparison.

What other emotions was he supposed to potray in a movie where he's Captain America besides happy, sad, and angry? And all three were believeable and seemingly natural. I don't see whats so bad about it. He has three emotions and he killed all of them so I don't see the point of complaining.

Johansson also did a good job at acting. Just becuase nice boobs and an ass doesn't degrade her as an actor. That puts her in the position of the character Black Widow.

The beginning of this film perfectly sums it up. Captain America beating people up, obviously fake French accents, and a gratuitous shot of Scarlett Johansson's ass. You have to admire my willpower to have not walked out of the cinema right then and there.

Captain America beating people up? How does that deal with acting and how does that destory the character of Captain America? Is he supposed to be having friendly conversations with them or something?

Fake french accents? Interesting. I know a lot of French people and have stayed in France and their accents seemed like it fit. Are you saying "fake accents" as if they are people who are not french but speaking as if they are? Doesn't that bring the essense of what acting is? Potraying someone you're not but still making it believeable to the audiance.

Whats wrong with her ass? Its a movie watched by predominately males. You're not going to watch a movie like magic mike, a movie directed towards woman, and expect to see more female bodies than male. And even there is a problem with that, how does that effect her ability to act in any way?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Pretty solid 9

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was great but it was missing something I can't put my finger on.

Godzilla_BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

10/10 for me, by far the best Marvel movie in my opinion. I don't even really care about Cap all that much, but this movie was everything I wanted from a Marvel movie and more. LOVED it. It's about time we saw Captain America bash in some heads instead of carry on with the boy-scout nonsense we saw in Cap 1 and The Avengers.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8.5 is a fair ranking. I'd rate it somewhere between there and 9, though I'd need a revisit to form a concrete opinion.

10 out of 10? Are you people out of your minds? It's a forgettable, sh!tty little superhero film with terrible acting and a plot less complex than the average episode of My Little Pony, and more over the top than Call Of Duty.

Perspective.Please. Have some.

You might get your point across better if you toned the abrasiveness down a notch.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Doomnaut

10/10. Greatest superhero movie I have ever seen.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

10/10.

Okay, I'll go with a 9 for now. Gotta leave room for improvement and never settle :D

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By FearTheLiving
Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My opinion in the movie too...

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: I know you didn't ask me but I personally tHink tHere wasn't any real cHaracter development. I didn't see Cap growing from tHis experience. He stayed tHe same in my eyes.

I still enjoyed tHe movie Heavily. I enjoyed it more tHan IM3, Dark World, Wolverine, MoS, and Kick-Ass 3.

It is a fantastic movie. I'm only nitpicking tHe character development because I feel like if it had more of that it would have been something special.

-ABstract4$$#073-

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@m3th: I think there was good character development with Black Widow. We got see more of her human side and get a better idea of how she works. We've only gotten glimpses of her past and her character in both IM2 and Avengers, but we got to see a lot more of how she thinks and operates in this movie.

The scene where she's asking Cap about how if their places had been reversed and it was up to her to save him, would he trust her to do so...and then Cap was like "I would now." Just seeing the reaction on her face, to me it showed that she was beginning to realize that she doesn't have to hide behind a mask but could be open and honest without the fear of being judge. I felt it was a great development for her character.

As for Cap, while personality-wise there really wasn't much development, we did get to see that Cap had begun adjusting to living in the present. In Avengers we didn't get to really see how he was adjusting, but here we see that he's trying to catch up on important events that missed, TV shows, people, etc. What I liked about this movie was that while Steve was now in 2014, his personality was still in the 1940s. That scene where Fury is trying to convince Cap to see the world like he does, only for Cap to say "don't hold your breath." That really showed what kind of man Steve is, showing that no matter how dark the world gets he'll still always have hope that things can get better.

I would like to point out that I did like how Steve picked up some pointers from Black Widow. Like the scenes when Steve and Natasha are hiding out in that mall. We see how different the two are, with one being a soldier and the other a spy. Seeing Steve getting ready to fight, but having Widow find a more subtle way to avoid capture was something interesting and something Steve could use in the future as well.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: I respect tHat response. I overlooked Black Widows cHaracter development. Plus, you are rigHt Cap sHowed Caps potential to grow and adapt in tHis new world more.

I still feel like if it Had more cHatacter development tHe movie would Have been sometHing special. But, I respect your response.

-ABstract4$$#073-

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I just watched it. My favorite Marvel movie as of now. Way better than the Avengers and the comedy in this wasn't as blatant as in Avengers (although a few jokes felt of place fore me). Action was good for a street level hero movie, about as good as Arrow. Although there was no traditional bad guy the enemies were taken seriously and were very interesting to watch as the plot unfolded. I'd give it a 9.

Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10 out of 10? Are you people out of your minds? It's a forgettable, sh!tty little superhero film with terrible acting and a plot less complex than the average episode of My Little Pony, and more over the top than Call Of Duty.

Perspective.Please. Have some.

haha, and thus is the futility of such an arbitrary rating system. I think people rating 9 or 10 are just trolling, if not you're 100% right here. I actually had high expectations with this one, trusting the opinions of others who felt similarly to me about the recent Marvel launches. I mean, I give it that it's an improvement. But I won't be watching it a second time, that should reflect an opinion more appropriate than what's being thrown around here :D

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter Soldier 10/10 perfect movie!!

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9/10

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9/10

MUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7/10 for me.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

8/10 is fair for me, much praise for what it did well and so forth but there were certain aspects kept me from embracing it fully: inconsistencies in Cap's ability, my overall lack of interest in SHIELD-related plots and I personally found Falcon's character underwhelming. Also I hated that Cap jumped out of the plane without a parachute when there was no reason to do so.

But yeah 8/10.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

11/10, It makes Godfather, Fight Club, The Matrix, Titanic and My Little Pony look like sh!t. It's honestly the best thing to ever be filmed. I cried while watching it. It's just so beautiful. Man if every movie had this level of balanced action, romance, and comedy the world would be a better place. And don't even get me started on the actors, Chris Evans is the Ben Affleck of this generation.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7.75/10

It was good, but not great. You could tell the filmmakers didn't want it to be great, by the way the movie pulled all its punches.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By JulieDC

It was okay but it reminded me too much of the current political landscape and I personally go to the movies or read books precisely to forget about whatever is going on in the real world. Although I felt the same way about Cap's comics too. I'd probably rate it 7/10, it was average, wasn't horribly written but it just wasn't my cup of tea. That and I wanted more Winter Soldier than what I got...I do look forward to future plans for the character however, at least I think I do, I have no clue what their plans are.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

@racob7: Got to be honest was very disappointed with the movie as a whole. Liked Captain America: The First Avenger. Gave that a 7/10. Then I saw all the reviews on this new film and everyone was giving it 9 or 10/10 and was really looking forward to watching it and omg I was so disappointed 6/10.

Nothing special happens, some good effects and some decent action sequences but no story what so ever. My god I could of wrote it.