Will we ever see Deathstroke in a movie?

• 51 results
sromero78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The only way i could see him in a movie is if they ever make a Teen Titans movie but i doubt that's happening anytime soon. Also possibly Batman. What do you guys think? could this happen and what movie do you think he would be in besides these?

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh only comic readers even know of Deathstroke. He's not exactly the joker when it comes to popularity. So I doubt he could get any decent role in any movie. Maybe as a side villain in Batman or something.

loplopool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sromero78: @hyperbertha: he's becoming very relevant from the arrow series he's one of the most popular characters now to date his exposure has been great aswell lately

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loplopool: Are you telling me he's become a household name?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@loplopool: I agree Deathstroke is really getting popular, he's almost in everything containing Batman.

I don't know if it's fact or just rumor but I heard WB/DC will be making low budget movies of Deathstroke and Team 7.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not popular enough to get a big budget movie. I would love to see them do a movie with him as an anti hero ( ala Punisher:War Zone) and they use the Wolfman/Perez origin with Joseph , Wintegreen and the other characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Apparently there is a Deathstroke movie in the works.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I really hope so.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I think they should have used him in the Nolan movies.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was in The Flashpoint Paradox, but I agree thst he deserves a chance at the big screen.

sromero78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sromero78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sromero78

@xwraith: really? who do you think will be the main antagonist

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I could totally see him in the new Batman films

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so. You don't have to be a household name to be in a movie or get your own movie. And plus he was in arrow and injustice and arkham origins. All are very popular. So he does have some exposure outside of comics. Plus people should be right on board once they see how badass he is.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

When (well, if) the DCCU starts I'm pretty sure Deathstroke will appear in a movie, or hell, multiple movies since the guy is pretty much connected to everyone. Popularity has nothing to do with this, if we go by that logic no character other than Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash and Robin would get movies, and obviously it isn't gonna be like that.

The only name that DC has to preocupate about becoming a household one is its one, y'know, DC Comics, just like Marvel did, I mean, why do you think that people will go see Ant-Man and Guardians of The Galaxy? It isn't because of the popularity of the characters, it's because of the little logo above their names, Marvel. They pretty much made their name a safe bet, they could do a movie about any character and people would go see it based solely on the Marvel logo, and if you need any proof, well, all of their movies are proof of just that. DC needs to do that and start putting their logo everywhere they can, and I'm pretty sure they will.

...oh yeah, and about Deathstroke, he's become somewhat of a little favorite child in DC apparently, the guy's freaking everywhere, so I'm pretty positive we'll see him in a Batman, Nightwing, Teen Titans, or hell, maybe even in his own movie.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jackbensley777

it would be cool but it would interfere with arrow

sromero78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777: not necessarily because im pretty sure they wont be connecting the tv universe with the cinematic universe. i mean think about how realistic the show Arrow is, compared to Man of Steel.

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sromero78: maybe A.R.G.U.S. or the government in general or could just be a series of set pieces where he slays 100s of fools....I'd be ok with any of those things

If it were gonna be a hero it'd probably have to be someone above street level

Avatar image for teentitansfan94
TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More importantly, will we ever see DEADPOOL in a movie?

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sromero78: yeah thats what im saying. It would be a problem to arrow fans having two different deathstrokes running around and for those who arent familiar with comics it would mess with their arrow mythos

sromero78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sromero78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sromero78
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By longbowhunter

The way DC is pushing Slade these days I'd be surprised if we didn't see him on the big screen sooner rather than later.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Don't think he'll get his own movie, but I expect we'll get an appearance in a Batman, Green Arrow or Teen Titans movie

sromero78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctorxander: yeah i don't think he'll get his own movie either

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh only comic readers even know of Deathstroke. He's not exactly the joker when it comes to popularity. So I doubt he could get any decent role in any movie. Maybe as a side villain in Batman or something.

Deathstroke actually is quite popular among 2000s kids. I remember the TV show Teen Titans. They used the name "Slade" instead, but in that show he was really awesome and bad*ss. Everyone from my age probably knows who Slade is, and they'd recognize a picture of Deathstroke if they saw one.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@teentitansfan94: Your name says Teen Titans Fan.... How on earth would you rather a Deadpool movie when your named after Slade's main enemy?!? Lol @jackbensley777: How would it in anyway affect "Arrow"? @retconcrisis: How old are you?

On topic:

DC has been promoting him a lot lately and RetconCrisis already said how the 2000s kids should be able to recognize him so I could definitely see him being a villain in a upcoming Batman movie but I don't think they'll make a solo film for him until they see how successful he is as an antagonist.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Basically Deathstroke is having a golden age now, he's been in everything from video games (Injustice, Arkham Origins) to animation (Young Justice, Flashpoint, upcoming Batman and Son etc) to live action (Arrow.) However the only reason you could argue that DC/WB are doing that is because he is essentially an anti-Batman. He does everything morally that DC's crown jewel, Batman wouldn't do.

So do I except him to show up in a movie sooner or later, absolutely I bet the studio will make sure that Deathstroke will the first villain in a Batman film.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: I'm 16 but my brother is 23. We both use the account, but I mostly do.

I am him, he is me, we are one, both are us, us is me...

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis: Oh wow. So you probably remember the show better then I do (before I rewatched it 3 times lol). But yeah.... I agree with you.... About everything..... Especially Slade being a bada**.

sromero78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: i just hate how because it was a kids show they had to call him slade and make him use a staff as a weapon, i understand not using guns but whats the big deal if he uses swords and gets refered to as "deathstroke"

Avatar image for teentitansfan94
TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teentitansfan94: Your name says Teen Titans Fan.... How on earth would you rather a Deadpool movie when your named after Slade's main enemy?!? Lol @jackbensley777: How would it in anyway affect "Arrow"? @retconcrisis: How old are you?

On topic:

DC has been promoting him a lot lately and RetconCrisis already said how the 2000s kids should be able to recognize him so I could definitely see him being a villain in a upcoming Batman movie but I don't think they'll make a solo film for him until they see how successful he is as an antagonist.

I just think Deadpool would be a lot cooler in a movie. Makes a more interesting villain (no disrespect to Slade's awesomeness from TT though). Think about it, if he were a villain, and the villain is ALWAYS beaten in the movies, how could he be stopped? Deadpool is basically immortal and invincible with his unstoppable healing factor.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly most don't know who Deathstroke is(mentioned him in a sentence to my friend and thought I said Deadpool)but Deathstroke is becoming more known due to Arkham Origins and Arrow.Either way I would very much enjoy a Deathstroke movie :)

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as it's not in a Batman movie.For the last time Deathstroke is not a Batman villain he's a Titan villain.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teentitansfan94: I understand. I'd like a Deadpool movie too (but a Slade one first lol). Me and @punyparker: copyrighted a movie named the Wilson Bros. Which has both of them in it lol.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker: copyrighted a movie named the Wilson Bros. Which has both of them in it lol.

You're an adorable genious.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PunyParker

@deathstroke19 said:

@punyparker: lol. You too. Haha.

I'll gather some money,buy the Slade rights from WB and the Wade rights from FOX,hire Reynolds and Manu,convince Whedon to direct and Bendis to write,and WE'RE GOOD TO GO!!!! :P

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: lol.... LETS DO THIS THANG!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: lol.... LETS DO THIS THANG!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Bendis may be tricky to convince but the others are in!!

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So What?

-Joker

-Riddler

-Deathstroke

#Trilogy?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: hehe yeah... But still.... LETS DO THIS!!

CONVINCED HIM!!
HE'S IN!!.....but he said he wants a Spider-Man cameo......oh well,i'll call Sony.
Whedon said tome that the story must have Slade's son and Wade's new wife......is it ok with you?!!

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CF12793

I'd rather keep him out of the Batman franchise because he's not really one of Batman's main rogues. They've tangled in the past, but I don't think they truly have any real grievances with eachother. Slade is definitely more of Dick Grayson's foe and the Teen Titans in general. I heard they were working on a Teen Titans movie, though I'm not sure if that was just a rumor. But as of now, if you want to catch a really good interpretation of Deathstroke that's pretty close to what a movie version of the character would be, watch the second season of "Arrow" and you'll be thinking that the character had come to life. I personally believe Manu Bennett's Slade Wilson has been a lot better than many comic book movie villains.

Jhaigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not like he hasn't been in practically everything DC related recently.