User Lists: 14

Tell me what you guys think:

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lordy, I hope not. That second movie was garbage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Please no.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0cgbZqR2AGI

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Please no.

Really? I wouldnt mind watching another.

MUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MUFC

sure i would watch K- ASS 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure why not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I would love to. But I highly doubt it. All 3 main actors said they would love to reprise the roles, but they also said they have no knowledge that it's even in the works at all. Millar is still trying to get it made, but studios see it as not very profitable given what happened to KA2.

Damn you Jim Carrey and Jeff Wadlow. I have no doubts in my mind that if Vaughn made the sequel we would be getting a third. They could make a 3rd to finish the story, and they need to imho. But again it's very doubtful, especially now that the kids are aging.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@those_eyes: Good for you?

You didnt even give a reason for not wanting to see another. Whats wrong with another kick ass?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Please no.

Don't like it don't watch it. There is no reason to not have a movie on the pure basis that you wouldn't watch it., when there is still many fans that will.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I imagine we will.

In my opinion, the movies have only gotten better. Wasn't a fan of the first movie, but I enjoyed the second - same for the graphic novels, in fact. Though I haven't read KA 3 yet.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@beaconofstrength: Hah! I love exaggeration humor...

...SEVEN whole Kick-Ass fans? Too funny!

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

I imagine we will.

In my opinion, the movies have only gotten better. Wasn't a fan of the first movie, but I enjoyed the second - same for the graphic novels, in fact. Though I haven't read KA 3 yet.

How? I get we don't agree on many things... but how? How can you like the second volume and movie more?

1. It's not an origin story, Origins rock.
  2. It trades plot for shock value, Kick-Ass' plot of Red Mist being a traitor and Big-Daddy being a fake are thousands of times better then Red Mist renaming himself "The MotherF*cker", decapitating people and switching their heads with dogs, shooting children, and being a rapist.
  3. The 2nd movie losted all the magic of the first. It kept trying to reference it, be it through music or just talking about it. Not to mention we had Hit-Girl do out of character things (for the comic version), Comic Mindy wouldn't have gotten all dolled up and made the girls puke/poop themselves, she would taser them and hang them off a building.

IMO, It goes like this: Kick-Ass Movie > Hit-Girl comic > Kick-Ass comic = Kick-Ass 3 comic > Kick-Ass 2 comic > Kick-Ass 2 movie (Though I loved the addition of Chris having a butler.)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Did you just complain about Chloe Grace Moretz getting dolled up? In character or not, that's always a plus in my book. ;-D

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jaken7: I should probably knock that down to just AllStarSuperman.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JakeN7
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

I imagine we will.

How? I get we don't agree on many things... but how? How can you like the second volume and movie more?

1. It's not an origin story, Origins rock.
  2. It trades plot for shock value, Kick-Ass' plot of Red Mist being a traitor and Big-Daddy being a fake are thousands of times better then Red Mist renaming himself "The MotherF*cker", decapitating people and switching their heads with dogs, shooting children, and being a rapist.
  3. The 2nd movie losted all the magic of the first. It kept trying to reference it, be it through music or just talking about it. Not to mention we had Hit-Girl do out of character things (for the comic version), Comic Mindy wouldn't have gotten all dolled up and made the girls puke/poop themselves, she would taser them and hang them off a building.

IMO, It goes like this: Kick-Ass Movie > Hit-Girl comic > Kick-Ass comic = Kick-Ass 3 comic > Kick-Ass 2 comic > Kick-Ass 2 movie (Though I loved the addition of Chris having a butler.)

1. I'm not big on origin stories.
  2. Yes, but the first movie had more cheap jokes. I liked the focus on Hit-Girl, who - I kid you not - is my favorite character in KA. I'm dead serious: despite what you might think, I like Hit-Girl, and she was my favorite part of the KA II GN and movie. I also appreciate the self aware moments that took shots at the comic (the "I'm not that evil" part, and the scene with Kick-Ass's girlfriend)
  3. I agree with that.

For me, it's this:

Kick-Ass 2 comic > Kick-Ass 2 movie > Kick-Ass comic > Kick-Ass movie (and one of my problems with the movie is that Dave got the girl).

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chloe Grace Moretz >>>>>>>>>>>> All Kick-Ass everything.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@jedixman said:
  2. Yes, but the first movie had more cheap jokes. I liked the focus on Hit-Girl, who - I kid you not - is my favorite character in KA. I'm dead serious: despite what you might think, I like Hit-Girl, and she was my favorite part of the KA II GN and movie. I also appreciate the self aware moments that took shots at the comic (the "I'm not that evil" part, and the scene with Kick-Ass's girlfriend)
  3. I agree with that.

For me, it's this:

Kick-Ass 2 comic > Kick-Ass 2 movie > Kick-Ass comic > Kick-Ass movie (and one of my problems with the movie is that Dave got the girl).

Well agree to disagree, I love origins, my favorite Superman stories are almost all his origins.

What do you mean by cheap jokes? And yeah who doesn't like Hit-Girl? Other then @saint_wildcard The reason she gets so much attention in the sequel is because the 2nd movie is a combination of Kick-Ass 2 and the Hit-Girl miniseries. I liked that they toned it down as well, don't get me wrong I like gore and action, but violence on rape level is too much. They should have just beat up Night-B!tch (Or preferably Katie, but she was filming Nikita) from the start, turning an attempted rape into a joke was awkward and it was almost more inappropriate then the comic. IMHO.

As for the "I'm not that evil", it kinda went against everything Millar wanted. (ha Wanted) Millar wrote the character of Chris Genovese to be more evil on the pure basis that in the 2nd movie the actor Mclovin (Who everyone sees as a joke) would do some seriously effed up things for the shock value of not only doing them, but having them done by a non threatening person. Again I don't agree with it, but that is what he intended.

Have you read Hit-Girl? And Kick-Ass 3 was really really good, especially the last 3 issues. Take that with a grain of salt though, cause like I said we tend to disagree.

EDIT: I actually love the happy ending for the original movie. I love the OTTness of it all, the jetpack, the bazooka, etc.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Chloe Grace Moretz >>>>>>>>>>>> All Kick-Ass everything.

I wish she would be more brutal. Comic Mindy cuts people in half, hammers their face's inside out, sticks grenades up their butts (don't actually see, but still eww), and even torture them for information. The worst Chloe has done is smash a guy in a car crusher.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Yeah, because an underaged actress has creative control over how her character is written.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JediXMan  Moderator

EDIT: I actually love the happy ending for the original movie. I love the OTTness of it all, the jetpack, the bazooka, etc.

That's essentially my problem with the Kick-Ass movie.

@jedixman said:
  3. I agree with that.

For me, it's this:

Well agree to disagree, I love origins, my favorite Superman stories are almost all his origins.

What do you mean by cheap jokes? And yeah who doesn't like Hit-Girl? Other then @saint_wildcard The reason she gets so much attention in the sequel is because the 2nd movie is a combination of Kick-Ass 2 and the Hit-Girl miniseries. I liked that they toned it down as well, don't get me wrong I like gore and action, but violence on rape level is too much. They should have just beat up Night-B!tch (Or preferably Katie, but she was filming Nikita) from the start, turning an attempted rape into a joke was awkward and it was almost more inappropriate then the comic. IMHO.

As for the "I'm not that evil", it kinda went against everything Millar wanted. (ha Wanted) Millar wrote the character of Chris Genovese to be more evil on the pure basis that in the 2nd movie the actor Mclovin (Who everyone sees as a joke) would do some seriously effed up things for the shock value of not only doing them, but having them done by a non threatening person. Again I don't agree with it, but that is what he intended.

Have you read Hit-Girl? And Kick-Ass 3 was really really good, especially the last 3 issues. Take that with a grain of salt though, cause like I said we tend to disagree.

Have the read Wanted, out of curiosity?

I actually haven't read Hit-Girl yet. It's on my to-read list.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@allstarsuperman: Yeah, because an underaged actress has creative control over how her character is written.

weird i didn't get this notification. She got a motorcycle, cause that's what she wanted to go another movie. Says she wants a Bugatti for the third.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Yes I have, have you?

Cool. I enjoyed it a lot.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

Yes I have, have you?

Cool. I enjoyed it a lot.

I have, yes. Loathe the movie, though.

The thing is, Kick-Ass the comic was a little darker than the movie was, which is why I liked the comic more. It reminded me of Wanted, though it was a little lighter. Both, however, were essentially parodies.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Just saying they gave her what she wanted the first time around. And I highly doubt the writers/directors would just ignore one of the biggest young stars today.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Doing what you described would require entire script rewrites. She doesn't have that kind of sway.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JakeN7

@jedixman: You don't like the Wanted movie?

Son, I am disappoint.

It's much better than the comic it's VERY loosely based on.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@jedixman said:

The thing is, Kick-Ass the comic was a little darker than the movie was, which is why I liked the comic more. It reminded me of Wanted, though it was a little lighter. Both, however, were essentially parodies.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I see a disagreement coming up. lol. Thing is I watched both the movies Wanted and Kick-Ass before even knowing they were comics. And they both are some of my favorite movies. I can obviously understand where you are coming from though, reading the comic first an all, then seeing the movie completely tear it apart and only be similar in name. It would be aggravating.

And I have to say I have only read Wanted once, and I hated it. I was going in under the assumption that it would be at least similar to the movie like how Kick-Ass was. I was quite surprised at all the differences. I do plan on rereading it, cause it just might grow on me, but it was ridiculously jarring for me to expect a super assassin turned hero vigilante rather then a straight up psychopathic serial killer and rapist. And its so off the wall, the movie had the power to bend bullets, that's one thing, but the comic having superpowered characters, nuke bullets, parallel dimensions, and reality warping, was insane at first read.

I now understand that they were supposed to be going for entirely different feels. And that Millar actually had no part in the movie making process. So I plan to give it a reread. But.....You can't definitely tell this is Millar's first Millarworld book, the ridiculous names like F*ckwit, Sh!thead, and (there was something else, but I can't remember at the moment) was straight up childish and tried too hard for me.

I agree, I like the original KA comic for being realistic, grounded, and more relatable, I love the movie for its insane action, its more likeable characters, and ability to give the best ending to a movie I have ever seen. I mean c'mon it may not be realistic, but flying a jetpack over new york city at sunrise after a big ending battle was just perfect.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@allstarsuperman: Doing what you described would require entire script rewrites.

No it wouldn't. You realize in the final script to Kick-ass they didn't use a bazooka to beat the bad guy, I am not even sure the jetpack was there. they added that much later. I fail to see how smaller things like being a tad more goring and vulgar requires entire script rewrites.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@allstarsuperman said:

@jedixman said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I see a disagreement coming up. lol. Thing is I watched both the movies Wanted and Kick-Ass before even knowing they were comics. And they both are some of my favorite movies. I can obviously understand where you are coming from though, reading the comic first an all, then seeing the movie completely tear it apart and only be similar in name. It would be aggravating.

And I have to say I have only read Wanted once, and I hated it. I was going in under the assumption that it would be at least similar to the movie like how Kick-Ass was. I was quite surprised at all the differences. I do plan on rereading it, cause it just might grow on me, but it was ridiculously jarring for me to expect a super assassin turned hero vigilante rather then a straight up psychopathic serial killer and rapist. And its so off the wall, the movie had the power to bend bullets, that's one thing, but the comic having superpowered characters, nuke bullets, parallel dimensions, and reality warping, was insane at first read.

I now understand that they were supposed to be going for entirely different feels. And that Millar actually had no part in the movie making process. So I plan to give it a reread. But.....You can't definitely tell this is Millar's first Millarworld book, the ridiculous names like F*ckwit, Sh!thead, and (there was something else, but I can't remember at the moment) was straight up childish and tried too hard for me.

I agree, I like the original KA comic for being realistic, grounded, and more relatable, I love the movie for its insane action, its more likeable characters, and ability to give the best ending to a movie I have ever seen. I mean c'mon it may not be realistic, but flying a jetpack over new york city at sunrise after a big ending battle was just perfect.

This is essentially where I'm coming from. I wanted some gritty realism, and Kick-Ass ended with the idea that being a superhero sucked.

I also never got the scene where, after winning, Mindy is struck with the realization that her dad is dead. I like awesome kids, but sometimes the kid in them should come out.

It's about character development, which is why I loved Kick-Ass 2, the comic - I loved the scenes with her foster dad, and I loved the scene where she was arrested because of her convictions. Weird to say, but it's because she was too "badass" in the movies. I wanted a character, and characters shouldn't be perfect. Movie Mindy doesn't make enough mistakes to make a good character. The tech, too, bothered me. I liked the messed up concept that Big Daddy was so driven, so harsh, and drives in the fact that he was not a good father, when he gives his daughter drugs as the "secret weapon." It's dark, but makes a lot more sense than endless tech that makes no sense. In the comics, she struggles, she fights, and sometimes she needs help because she is just a kid, in the end.

I suppose it's about what one wanted going in. I wanted the brutal reality, not the up-beat action / comedy.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#36  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Hit-girl isn't a girl for much longer. If they were gonna to do it, they'd be shooting all ready.

ATJ is only getting busier too.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

If they are they better do it quick.

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the movies give me another one and they can have my money

Deathstroke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably. I hope so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@lesterlawton said:

@squares said:

Please no.

Don't like it don't watch it. There is no reason to not have a movie on the pure basis that you wouldn't watch it., when there is still many fans that will.

Thanks for the lecture.

@jaken7 said:

Son, I am disappoint.

THAT'S NOT HARD.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope not.

lukas12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope that if :)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JakeN7

@squares said:

@jaken7 said:

Son, I am disappoint.

THAT'S NOT HARD.

No Caption Provided

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I'd like one, but only if Johnson and Moretz came back, preferably with Matthew Vaughn directing again. But to believe in such a thing at this point would be incredibly wishful thinking.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see it happen, but sadly I think there is a very slim chance of it happening.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johnson & moretz are getting to big and the 2nd barely made its money back. Plus the box office returns went down from the first one and studios don't like that.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didn't like the second, probably wouldn't like another

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love another one, 2 was disappointing, but still enjoyable enough. They obviously need to learn from their mistakes of they want to do another. As others have said though, 3 has a lot holding it back straight out the gate(actor age and 2's lack of success).

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I dont want to be mean, but the story was good only for one film.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I like the movies better than than the book too. I also loved Kick Ass 2 (really don't understand why it's hated by the majority of fans).

The trouble comes with where they go with it next. Kick Ass 2 ended with so much closure for the entire series that it would probably work as a better ending to the series, than another potential installment. The second film focused so much on both Kick Ass and Hit Girl growing up that both characters leave the film being fully developed. Aside from foreshadowing the Motherfucker's evil Uncle as the next villain for the franchise, I don't really see what the writing staff could do to build upon their already solid heroes (Kick Ass and Hit Girl). Odds are a third film would tank and fanboys would rant even more, which is why I don't think it should be made.