Will they ever make a Marvel VS DC video game?

• 73 results
darkningdawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkningdawn

Personally I think this should be easier to get done then a DC vs Marvel comic book,since it becomes an inherentely fair situation being that they only need to create the game with even equivalent characters and don't have to make anyone actually win a fight.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Primmaster64

I don't know...Maybe in the future.

GothamBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By GothamBat

it would be sweet. i actually found a video on youtube of a japanese video game. it had Wonder Woman fighting Thor. it looked pretty sweet but i have no idea what the heck it was.
thetitan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thetitan0

eventually, and it would have to be a fighting game along the lines of mvc2.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@GothamBat said:
" it would be sweet. i actually found a video on youtube of a japanese video game. it had Wonder Woman fighting Thor. it looked pretty sweet but i have no idea what the heck it was. "
I think it was a fan mod.

A Marvel vs DC game would be great. There should be a "balance" meter for fights like Superman vs Spider-Man - but no meter for Superman vs Silver Surfer. Like different leagues or something. That would be pretty cool in my opinion.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CosmicSpiral

My inner fanboy would lose his head if the heavyweights were nerfed to the level of the streetfighters. 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
I wish they would...
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I think this should be easier to get done then a DC vs Marvel comic book

no, actually its not.  your talking about rival companies with legal red tape here. im not just talking about WB and Disney either, but the respective video game companies that each hold the current rights to make each individual franchises games.

pretty much as others have said, any superhero game that has come out has already been fanmodded to include both worlds anyways, and thats free to download. be it MVC2, MUA, or any other game thinkable.
even wrestling ones. the upcoming DC Online game will be moddable. Im sure someone will whip out 3dsmax and make Spider-Man for it.
MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By MrMiracle77

As long as Activision still has the gaming rights to Marvel's characters, it'll be never.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By 123422
@GothamBat said:

" it would be sweet. i actually found a video on youtube of a japanese video game. it had Wonder Woman fighting Thor. it looked pretty sweet but i have no idea what the heck it was. "

It's called MUGEN and it's more of a fighting game engine than a regular fighting game. You can download characters (they're practically all over the Net) from just about anywhere. Comics, movies, games, anime, you name it.
And i got this great blog (not mine) with videos of various comic character fights (i think i saw WW fight Samara from The Ring the other day) 
 http://mmcelhaney-fiction.blogspot.com/
GothamBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GothamBat
@123422:
hmmmm....intriguing....i will have to look this up.
IronManNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IronManNoir

If they're smart enough they would..But I highly doubt that ever happening, uness both Marvel and DC both realize how much money they could actually make on it which im guessing would be a lot, but that probably wont happen after "The Avenger" and "Justice League" movies come out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 123422
@GothamBat said:

" @123422: hmmmm....intriguing....i will have to look this up. "

Sure, i'll help you get started
here's the game engine: 
http://mugen.en.softonic.com/
my favorite character sites:
www.cvgunited.com (the character database is massive)
www.scruffydragon.com
 I'm working on a Marvel VS DC project myself, got around 160 characters in my roster (got some non-DCvM though, like Snake-eyes and Duke Nukem, but just 5-6)
Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By DEADPOOL

This would be awesome, but it'd have to be like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (preferably done by the same company).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 123422
@DEADPOOL said:
" This would be awesome, but it'd have to be like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (preferably done by the same company). "
That's a great idea, wonder what'll happen when Cap, Supes, Bats and Iron Man teams up (the universe explodes of awesome)
but i guess the fighting game is kinda more plausible
GothamBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GothamBat
@123422 said:
" @GothamBat said:

Sure, i'll help you get started here's the game engine:  http://mugen.en.softonic.com/ my favorite character sites: www.cvgunited.com (the character database is massive)www.scruffydragon.com I'm working on a Marvel VS DC project myself, got around 160 characters in my roster (got some non-DCvM though, like Snake-eyes and Duke Nukem, but just 5-6) "

yeah, i downloaded WinMugen. i found a badass DC Vs. Marvel screenpack, but i couldnt get it to work right. so i found another decent one and am now currently trying to find more characters and stages. so far i got Batman, Green Arrow and Ash from Evil Dead!
greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By greenenvy

Its a MATTER OF TIME  now or MORE POSSIBLE  in doing so in ANY DAY is what my gut has been saying to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 123422
@GothamBat said:
" @123422 said:
" @GothamBat said:

Sure, i'll help you get started here's the game engine:  http://mugen.en.softonic.com/ my favorite character sites: www.cvgunited.com (the character database is massive)www.scruffydragon.com I'm working on a Marvel VS DC project myself, got around 160 characters in my roster (got some non-DCvM though, like Snake-eyes and Duke Nukem, but just 5-6) "
yeah, i downloaded WinMugen. i found a badass DC Vs. Marvel screenpack, but i couldnt get it to work right. so i found another decent one and am now currently trying to find more characters and stages. so far i got Batman, Green Arrow and Ash from Evil Dead! "
Haven't used a screenpack myself, kinda hard to do with already 100+ characters.
But it does look great, and Ash is a pretty good character, but he can use more animations IMO
GothamBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GothamBat
@123422:
yeah, i imagine so. its taken pretty much all day, but i think i'm finally getting the hang of it all. and those sites you suggested are great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 123422
@GothamBat said:
" @123422: yeah, i imagine so. its taken pretty much all day, but i think i'm finally getting the hang of it all. and those sites you suggested are great. "
Those 2 are just examples, but at least they got databases and the WIPs are great.
I even found a Japanese site with a "What if Iron Man was a japanese businessman?" character (the link is in CVG's char database).
Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'd be cool if they ever did, but would it be the MK or Street figher engine?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 123422
@Black Lantern Mar-vell said:
" I'd be cool if they ever did, but would it be the MK or Street fighter engine? "
SF would be better, suits the slightly more cartoonish style, opposed to MK's realistic digitized style (they made it with real actors)
Or, if you wanna take it up a notch, make it with the Tekken 6 engine, HD glory baby!
ernesth100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously still not even one game in like a decade!

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not, but I made my own on MUGEN

ernesth100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mugen is cool but it doesn't count. I don't get it are they afraid of each other they did it in the comics why not a game?!

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they made a marvel vs dc game. I don't want it to be a fighting game. It should be like the first Ultimate alliance or Arkham city except you could control multiple heroes at the same time and the plot should end with the two worlds working together.

Then I could make a team of superman, thor and marvel and that would make it all worth it. Especially if you can combine special abilities.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By VoodooPenguin

No, because then the two companies would have to share the profits. They wouldn't make as much with just another one company game.

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

No. Isn't there bad blood between the DC head and the Marvel head? Or is that just a rumour?

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@lyrafay said:

No. Isn't there bad blood between the DC head and the Marvel head? Or is that just a rumour?

They are the biggest comic book companies so there is definitely a rivalry, but we don't think (maybe some do) that it goes to the extent of DC hiring assassins to take out Stan Lee because he's got too much power

ernesth100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ernesth100

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_Comics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_vs._Marvel

Once again they've teamed up before. So the only excuse for not doing it now is that they're afraid of how the fans will react.

@voodoopenguin how could this possibly effect their millions of already earned dollars?

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I suppose one thing they could do would be to have the player form teams of their favorite Marvel and DC characters and use them to complete missions (like Marvel Ultimate Alliance or something like that).

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_Comics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_vs._Marvel

Once again they've teamed up before. So the only excuse for not doing it now is that they're afraid of how the fans will react.

@voodoopenguin how could this possibly effect their millions of already earned dollars?

*affect

ernesth100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ernesth100

MAN *BLEEP* GRAMMAR!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

It's too awesome of an idea to ever become a reality.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/discuss/lego-marvel-director-on-movie-tie-ins-possibility-of-marvel-vs-dc-game/

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I hope so.

MrCallumMr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmiracle77: I've come from the future to bring good news sir... That you're probably already aware of...

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont get me wrong I'd loved to see this, but I want something different.I dont know something else besides a fighting game, but it its 2014 and this still hasn't happened so..

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still surprised a lego marvel game came out

Avatar image for amalgamdcmarvel8
AmalgamDCMarvel8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be the one of the first ones to pre-order a Marvel vs DC only if they have my favorite characters:

Marvel: Gambit, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Storm, Venom, Carnage, Shocker, Hobgoblin, Kraven the Hunter, Rogue and Jean Gray.

DC: Nightwing, Red Robin, Redhood, Bane, Volcana, Maxima, Lobo, Lashina & Live Wire.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

@ultragreenboy: what u said backs my point for ther never being a Marvel vs DC vg. Because of Marvel. Marvel is doing so well right now a rival studio made a Lego Marvel game simply because they new the profit would be steller. DC would love a cross over vg. Its Marvel that would ruin it. A Marvel vs DC vg would help DC out big time. And Marvel is not gonna let their current world domination help further DC in anyway. And lets face it. The little boost Marvel would get from it is really not needed.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultragreenboy: what u said backs my point for ther never being a Marvel vs DC vg. Because of Marvel. Marvel is doing so well right now a rival studio made a Lego Marvel game simply because they new the profit would be steller. DC would love a cross over vg. Its Marvel that would ruin it. A Marvel vs DC vg would help DC out big time. And Marvel is not gonna let their current world domination help further DC in anyway. And lets face it. The little boost Marvel would get from it is really not needed.

Warners have made movies, animated series with Marvel properties before, it's not new.

TheFallen_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope!

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkningdawn: @rustyroy: I do think it would be bada** tho. If they did ever do it who would be the best line up from DC/Marvel. Lets say 34 characters total. 15 from each studio plus 2 bonus/unlockable characters from each. the bonus ones could be anything from Anti-monitor to Squrill Girl.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'd like to see one

specifically in a 3d fighting style like Tekken or Soul Caliber, and I have no problem with heavy weights fighting street levelers, as long as they explain it in some way like gods among us

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

My DC 15: Batman, Superman, WW, Flash, GL, MM, Aquaman, Blue Beetle, Deathstroke, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Etrigan, The Question, Solomon Grundy, Darkseid. Bonus: Shazam, Cyborg. Marvel 15: Thor, Cap, IM, Hulk, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Star-lord, Black Bolt, Black Widow, Vision, Quick Silver, Scarllet Witch, Hawkeye, Doctor Strange, Spider-man. Bonus: Rocket, Wolverine

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game should have been made like 15yrs ago back when arcades where still around where people would actually go to slap their quarters down on the board and be like "I got next". It'll probably never happen at this point, but CAPCOM should've made this game if it was going to be a fighter coin-op. I think their cartoony animated style works better for a fighter involving ridiculous powered comicbook fighters/characters.....imho

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Making it 36 characters total. Adding 1 more to each team. DC: Zatanna. Marvel: Thanos.

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They, should let namco make the game... It shouldn't just be an arcade game... They should let you choose to play the 1 on 1 or teams against teams and you should be alble to do an adventure tipe gameplay like ultimate and legends...