#1 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think the Superman movie will gross more than any (Nolan) Batman movies? Just curious, I think so though. What are your thoughts.

#2 Edited by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope so. The DC cinematic universe could use a financial and public-awareness push from the get-go, and I'm hoping that Supes can do at least just as well as the Nolan trilogy. This is my most anticipated movie of 2013 - only three more weeks before its release here!

#3 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

More than Batman Begins but not more than TDK or TDKR, mostly because ticket price inflation and 3D. And Nolan's involvement will definitely be a major factor.

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Man of Steel will. Even with the increase in ticket prices I think it will have a hard time competing with Dark Knight. Now if Man of Steel is well received and they make a sequel that is highly anticipated then it could perhaps compete with Dark Knight.

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe. idk. but unlike the nolan batman movies, man of steel will have my money for a ticket.

#6 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman movie < Green Lantern movie < Thor movie < Batman movie < Iron Man movie.

#7 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe. idk. but unlike the nolan batman movies, man of steel will have my money for a ticket.

true for me as well

I hope Man Of Steel is good and if it is, I hope it does well, just as good as TDK, but i think it will atleast match batman begins

#8 Edited by M3th (2032 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha don't be ridiculous.

#9 Edited by The Stegman (22751 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will make more than Batman Begins, but not more than the other two installments.

#10 Posted by The_Tree (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

Only more than Batman Begins, I'd say.

#11 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (360 posts) - - Show Bio

It will gross more than Batman Begins. Superman Returns almost did and that movie had no hype, was out of touch with modern viewers, and got negative audience reception soon after it released.

#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19516 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman will beat all the batman records. Off Topic: Batman Begins was the best of those movies.

#13 Edited by Reignmaker (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's unreasonable to think it could. None of Nolan's Batman films gave into the 3D craze so they lost on that very lucrative segment of sales. MoS will be in 3D and based on the early screening buzz, is going to get good scores from the critics - which often translates into better long-term performance following opening week.

#14 Posted by Sammo21 (686 posts) - - Show Bio

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. While the movie does have the Superman name behind it, the cast is largely made up of people who don't really sell movies in name alone. I think there are people who still feel burned by Superman Returns (awful). Also, The Dark Knight was the best Nolan Batman movie...Dark Knight Rises was kind of terrible.

#15 Posted by JulieDC (859 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it will but I could be wrong. I'd like it to be successful because I would really love to see a Batman/Superman movie someday...

#16 Edited by The Human Stain (83 posts) - - Show Bio

There's also that Walmart early ticket thing. I could be wrong but I thought it was if you pre-order the blu-ray at Walmart, you get a ticket. So if they somehow include the blu-ray pre-roder cost into the movie sales, it'll add more. Pretty sneaky, sis.

#17 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe, it will have to be really good though. Some people might still have memories of the bad superman movies and that's the reason they won't go see it.

#18 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be lucky to outgross Batman Begins, but do I think it will? Maybe. Doubt it. But the odds aren't monumentally against it happening.

#19 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it. Maybe Man of Steel 2, but the first film? Nah. Well, maybe if a main actor dies, God forbid.

#20 Posted by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the first film, you gotta let the audience find it, then the sequel can do some real magic at the box office.

#21 Edited by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope because not a lot of people who know Superman like his character.

#22 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2640 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe more than 'Begins' but not the TDK or TDKR........if this movie is good and there is a sequel made than Supes 2 IMO would gross more.

#23 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it makes it to a billion. Iron Man 3 did, and so did Skyfall.

#24 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (9870 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe MoS 2 but not the first one

#25 Posted by Farkam (4670 posts) - - Show Bio

It will make more than Batman Begins at least.

#26 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be lucky to outgross Batman Begins, but do I think it will? Maybe. Doubt it. But the odds aren't monumentally against it happening.

It'll definitely out gross Batman Begins, since Superman Returns did.

#27 Posted by Dabee (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not saying I don't think it will be great, I definitely think it will. However the second two movies I think there is a pretty low chance of being outgrossed. Sequels have a chance to establish themselves, so people are usually more eager to see them. Maybe it will outgross Batman Begins. But I think we'll have to wait for a Man of Steel sequel to even consider if it will outgross TDK or TDKR, just because those two movies had a great track record to their advantage. Again, not at all saying I don't think Man of Steel will be great. I have really high hopes for it!

#28 Edited by krunkeela (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't put money on it.

#29 Edited by TDK_1997 (14424 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably just more than Batman Begins.