Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@gokubeatsuperman said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@gokubeatsuperman said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@amazingwebhead said:

Not if the New 52 keeps making him such a jackass

It's like you only read JL War Arce and stopped.... read some Greg Pak or Geoff Johns Superman you dingus

DC Reboot Review: Action Comics #1. Huzzah! Superman is a D**k Again!

You need to read Greg Pak's Secret Origins, Zero Year or his first Arc on Batman and Superman to understand. Other than that, all you're showing me is a fun scan

i did not mean anything i just posted a link

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/why-does-everyone-think-superman-is-a-dick-728504/

no big deal

No you didn't. Your link didn't work in your original reply. Also.... whatever

What...have I done?

Avatar image for gokubeatsuperman
gokubeatsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#54  Edited By amazing_webhead
VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is the most recognizable hero now... Sorry, Batman has that to his name now and has for a while. One day Superman could possibly be on the top again, but that will be a sad day. Many DC characters must get a major shaft, while Superman must gets a major push.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By reactor

Who knows? It's not like he's far behind, and he's more iconic. Just remember, Batman was once Adam West, and his movies had bat-nipples. Anyone can bounce back from rock bottom, so how much more so when you're second place?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like too see the Flash take the spotlight, Superman has already had it.

Agreed.

Won't happen unless Batman takes a huge dive in popularity. With that said, there's no shame in being DC's runner up.

Agreed.

@xenonyte said:

@rustyroy: my argument was if you're going to have a lot more Batbooks than Supes then it's easy for Batbooks to outsell Supes.

Well even if you take just one book Batman outsells Superman by a long margin.

@bullpr said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@bullpr said:

He is number one.

You have to look outside the comics fan base.

.... Batman wins there too dude. And this is coming from a major Superman fan who also dislikes Batman. Batman has video games and had a billion dollar trilogy. Superman is just getting started in the mainstream again with MoS.

Maybe. I should ask my kids and my nephews. But for my generation, it's not even a debate; and if I try to avoid any bias, looking at the big picture (7,000,000,000 people, more than 150 countries), I still think Superman is WAY above batman in "Human Mythology".

Even if count 7 Bils people then it is still very close, its not about Iconic status anymore, its about Brand recognition and Batman's brand name is the more popular now than pretty much every Superhero.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly i don't think he ever will. Maybe if he get many critical acclaimed movies then there is a chance. But honestly i would like to see either Flash or Green Lantern be #1 at least once.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By darkman61288

@bezza said:

@the_stegman:

Fair point, but most people reading comics and seeing the films in 2014 weren't around in the Golden age. People my age (40s) had their first experience of Superman thanks to the Donner, "boy scout" Superman movies....hence the general popular view that Superman is a big boy scout!

One of the good things about New 52 Superman has been getting away from the boy scout persona.

That might actually hurt him. look at Captain America. Boy scout whose is gaining in popularity.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By reactor

@bezza said:

@the_stegman:

Fair point, but most people reading comics and seeing the films in 2014 weren't around in the Golden age. People my age (40s) had their first experience of Superman thanks to the Donner, "boy scout" Superman movies....hence the general popular view that Superman is a big boy scout!

One of the good things about New 52 Superman has been getting away from the boy scout persona.

That might actually hurt him. look at Captain America. Boy scout whose is gaining in popularity.

He's really not a boy scout in either the comics or movies. He has an old-fashioned approach, but he's not a "boy scout" at all.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JulieDC

Its always possible. Its a cycle. Popular heroes tend to represent the era of the time. We are just in some dark days right now and relate better to cynical heroes. One day things might be brighter and we will look to Superman once more. Also it really all comes down to the creative people to redefine Superman in a way that Frank Miller did for Batman. Not saying he should be darker but rather finding what makes Superman work and showing us why its important for us to understand that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Maybe? Speculation like this is kind of pointless.