Will Superman Batman out earn Avengers?

Spider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will Superman Batman out earn Avengers? (26 votes)

Yes 46%
No 54%

• 
Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Lol those gifs will start a war.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lol those gifs will start a war.

Batkicks always do!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator
Spider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers only grossed a billion because the concept was unique at the time. Batman meeting Superman is a special event, but is the concept of the film unique, especially by the time we reach 2016? Nope, not really. Age of Ultron isn't going to even out gross Avengers 1.

I swear, people's Box Office predictions are through the roof these days. Remember MoS? People saying it was going past a billion? Thor TDW? Same as MoS.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is no, the reason....they are putting it in direct competition with Cap 3.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolverine008

I doubt it. Batman vs Superman is coming off a film that was extremely polarizing and somewhat failed to meet expectations financially as well. The Batman factor will help, but history really isn't in their favor. The fact that it's going to have to compete with Captain America 3, which itself is coming off of a very successful predecessor doesn't help either. Avengers: Age of Ultron on the other hand is working off the highest grossing comic book movie of all time, and has the solo films backing it too. Cards are in its favor frankly.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gracetrack

I don't know. There are many things already working against it, but I'm not going to underestimate the name power of the two most iconic super heroes of all time, nor the fact that they are starring in the same film for the first time in history, nor the power of some good marketing/hype. It would be downright foolish.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. There are many things already working against it, but I'm not going to underestimate the name power of the two most iconic super heroes of all time, nor the fact that they are starring in the same film for the first time in history, nor the power of good marketing/hype.

Man of Steel had a lot of that(Nolan references and all), and the most iconic superhero of all time, and didn't honestly live up to what expectations were set for it, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. Maybe if its in 3-d. People do love their batman.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not, but it will do very well, even moreso if they move it away from Cap 3.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Dumb question, nobody knows

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MAZAHS117

In theory......yes......Batman/Superman should out perform Avengers.

Will it, *shruggs* who knows, Cap3 is looking to steal some of it's thunder

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SilverPool

It's too early to tell. If the movie proves everyone who's skeptical about it wrong, I think it will. It is the two most iconic characters in comics.

I'm guessing that the trailers alone will make a ton of people see it. Hans Zimmer and movie trailers cause a massive erection.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Everybody should read this: "Why 'Justice League' Cynicism Is Wrong And The Film Will Be A Hit" and also this is from the article in case you don't think:

"Add it all up — Batman and Superman have combined to bring Warner $3.5 billion in box office revenue from 5 films in 9 years, only one of those films enjoying 3D pricing. Both franchises took in excess of $1 billion at the box office during that time."

So it could make more than the Avengers or about the same amount. People who don't think either Batman vs Superman or Justice League can't hit because Marvel is the only one allowed to is wrong. Besides we should be happy that they're making these films!!

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By comicace3

I think Justice League was meant to beat avengers. But since most of the characters in justice league are in Superman Vs. Batman then yeah I think so.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me, Captain America 3 isnt really much that of competition for Batman vs Superman. I dont think Batman vs Superman will beat Avenger( i believe JLA will). Bat vs Supe will at least slay the competition in 2016.

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Justice League will beat avengers, but not Batman vs Superman. It just doesn't have as much buildup as the Avengers did. They had so many good solo movies prior to the release of Avengers, but all DC has is MoS, which isn't enough build up to out sale Avengers.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

We're talking about the 2 most well know and iconic superheros from our times. I strongly believe it can do it.