Will Namor ever become popular?

• 85 results
Antgod42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They need to go ahead and make him a hero namor is cooler than aquaman in my opinion but namor never gets any love. Why did people choose aquaman over him

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Aquaman had the ridicule of everyone for decades until he was shown doing cool stuff not just riding giant seahorses. Namor either needs to be made a joke to get attention, or needs to be put in an Xmen movie and be cool. I prefer Aquaman, and that is probably the only time I take DC's side when both companies have a similar character.

Antgod42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno said:

Because Aquaman had the ridicule of everyone for decades until he was shown doing cool stuff not just riding giant seahorses. Namor either needs to be made a joke to get attention, or needs to be put in an Xmen movie and be cool. I prefer Aquaman, and that is probably the only time I take DC's side when both companies have a similar character.

but all aquaman can do is talk to fish swim fast and has superstrength

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StarWatcher

I like Namor because he's kind of a pretentious A-hole.

I think a lot of people in the comic community like his guts, he's entertaining. As for non comic readers, well, chances are they've just never heard of him.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they're just saving him up for the Fantastic Four movie, when he seduced Invisible Woman.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GreatCaesarsGhost

@antgod42 said:

No Caption Provided

Antgod42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antgod42 said:

No Caption Provided

well he communicates with them in some form. either besides that he does not have anything els

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antgod42 said:

@greatcaesarsghost said:

@antgod42 said:

well he communicates with them in some form. either besides that he does not have anything els

And what exactly does Namor do? Fly, have super strength, and not talk to fish. *shrug*

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

Namor is a jerk. And IMO, pretty damn unlikeable.

Beata

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe if he's put into an X-Men movie, but I doubt people will care for Namor if Aquaman is received well in BvS and his solo film (which will obviously be happening before a Namor film). People will just see him as an Aquaman rip off, even though Namor technically came first.

I could be wrong, but that's what I see happening.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ScouterV

@antgod42: Aside from flight though, seems they have pretty similar power sets. That's generally speaking, though.

Also chalk it up to Namor having a less than endearing attitude in general. I think it can be a bit grating for audiences.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namron sucks. He's the Aquaman of marvel. They both suck, They suck underwater. They suck fish pee.

-RAG (big bang theory)

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ms__omega

It depends do you like fish sticks?

Antgod42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@antgod42: And telepathy powerful enough to give seizures and impress Manhunter, sumoning giant sea monsters, expert fighter, pre52 he had the water hand which hand magic that was kind of op. Aquaman don't play.

why would he have human telepathy that makes no sense they just gave him that to make him interesting

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I prefer Aquaman personally. Namor's arrogance and constant "better than you" attitude is taxing to read. I love it when he gets smacked around, because his mouth has gotten him into trouble in the past.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... nobody cares about that Namor/Sue Storm relationship I mentioned? I'm just saying, Fantastic Four movie... *shrugs*

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antgod42 said:

@leo-343 said:

@antgod42: And telepathy powerful enough to give seizures and impress Manhunter, sumoning giant sea monsters, expert fighter, pre52 he had the water hand which hand magic that was kind of op. Aquaman don't play.

why would he have human telepathy that makes no sense they just gave him that to make him interesting

Because humans evolved from sea life. Aquaman has consistently had a solo book since the 40's. So, I'm guessing some people find him interesting.

Antgod42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antgod42 said:

@leo-343 said:

Because humans evolved from sea life. Aquaman has consistently had a solo book since the 40's. So, I'm guessing some people find him interesting.

lol what BS. but i dont care anyway DC sucks and the BvS movie will fail so hard that it will put an end to DCs character abuse once and for all

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they're just saving him up for the Fantastic Four movie, when he seduced Invisible Woman.

So... nobody cares about that Namor/Sue Storm relationship I mentioned? I'm just saying, Fantastic Four movie... *shrugs*

Fox doesn't have the rights to Namor, Universal does.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antgod42 said:

lol what BS. but i dont care anyway DC sucks and the BvS movie will fail so hard that it will put an end to DCs character abuse once and for all

No Caption Provided

Antgod42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antgod42 said:

No Caption Provided

your not changing my mind so you can post the means and try to be a comedian but i have gave up on DC a long time ago and im tired of their BS and their disgusting over use of batman. so i say it again DC SUCKS HARD AND I HOPE BvS FAILS SO HARD DC BECOMES THE EMBARRASSMENT OF THE COMIC INDUSTRY and put an end to them once and for all

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TBH batman vs superman always seems like a dumb spite battle only a die hard bata fan would create.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antgod42: Someone's got anger issues.

@feartheliving: True, but Marvel's rumored to have gotten Spider-Man's rights (temporary) for the Civil War movie from Sony, so it isn't too far-stretched of imagination to think that Marvel will buy in both FF and Namor someday. And besides, the FF movie franchise reboot is still very far away, so there's plenty of room for Marvel to bide its time.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tysoncage: Well when and if they get all those characters than yes I can see them doing it, but considering they don't and Universal can't loan the character to Fox it won't happen until then. So you're initial response of them "saving" him up is invalid because you can't save something you currently don't have.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@antgod42: Their's more to him than Super strength and telepathically communicating to fish.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also on topic Namor needs more appearances outside of comics as well. He hasn't been in many cartoons or animated movies, nor has he been in any live action shows or movies so unless you're a comic book fan you really don't know of the character. Also putting him into some video games as a playable character or a character of importance would help to.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tysoncage: I like that idea of Namor showing up in a FF movie. He could be like an antagonistic anti hero.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't like Namor, he's a d*ck. Every character is one amazing film away from becoming popular.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: I know, right? The idea sounds fun enough to me. I loved him when I first saw him in FF comic book.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He better get appearances outside comics to get a shot at becoming popular and Aqua Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Namor

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe if he's put into an X-Men movie, but I doubt people will care for Namor if Aquaman is received well in BvS and his solo film (which will obviously be happening before a Namor film). People will just see him as an Aquaman rip off, even though Namor technically came first.

I could be wrong, but that's what I see happening.

He'd more than likely be shown as a villain/anti-hero than as a hero like Aquaman, though.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tysoncage: Yeah, maybe have him siding with the villain at first but has a change of heart once he meets and befriends Sue. Reed's rival of course.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor will become popular when/if an awesome Fantastic Four movie is made with him in it.

This is actually plausible within the next five to ten years, even assuming that the new FF reboot fails.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namron sucks. He's the Aquaman of marvel. They both suck, They suck underwater. They suck fish pee.

-RAG (big bang theory)

Rag don't know fish about heroes.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By flashback0180

@scouterv:

Lets take a moment to admire the irony, that your name so closely resembles scooter. (2:35)

Loading Video...

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antgod42 said:

"so i say it again DC SUCKS HARD AND I HOPE BvS FAILS SO HARD DC BECOMES THE EMBARRASSMENT OF THE COMIC INDUSTRY and put an end to them once and for all"

And why exactly do you care? If you don't like a comic company, ignore it.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BlackWind

You obviously don't read Aquaman, OP. Because you're highly confused on him.

Whether for better or worse, Aquaman has always been more popular than Namor, through the jokes and ridicule. Aquaman has been blowing up for the last few years. And look at Namor. Hasn't had a solo book in years. No presence for mainstream viewers. No appearances in cartoons or games. He is basically nonexistent to non fans.

Namor is a hit or miss character. And I almost bet more mainstream audiences will shy away from him than attract.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Marvel hasn't really pushed the character. Probably because not even that many comic readers like him.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor despite being one of classic characters of big two, has literally no presence in the mainstream. I really don't see that changing if he hasn't managed it in 75 years and with Aquaman doing nothing but getting more popular in recent years and that's only going to continue with his appearance in films.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would I like a character more for getting a woman to cheat on her husband with him? I absolutely hate and despise people like that, and I'm pretty sure that's a common sentiment among most people.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I seriousy doubt non-comic book readers knows him. He needs popularity and his personality is okay even if he is arrogant

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RetconCrisis

The bias is strong in this one.