Will Meredith Finch be good Wonder Woman writer ?

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Many seem doubt about Meredith Finch potential to be a good a Wonder Woman writer. Do you think she will be good WW writer ? If not do you have any recommendation of better writer to replace her like Jeff Parker etc . Besides Superman writer Geoff Johns and Batman writer Scott Snyder have much more experience than Meredith Finch. Okay lets discuss

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Many seem doubt about Meredith Finch potential to be a good a Wonder Woman writer. Do you think she will be good WW writer ? If not do you have any recommendation of better writer to replace her like Jeff Parker etc . Besides Superman writer Geoff Johns and Batman writer Scott Snyder have much more experience than Meredith Finch. Okay lets discuss

1. You may want to work on the title of this forum (just use the total edit function)

2. I'm sure she will do fine

I have made it no secret that I absolutely love Brian Azzarello's take on the character, his Wonder Woman has been the best book in the New 52. Dispite this, I'm fine with the change, Azzarello will have written a good 35 issues (not including the Zero issue or villains month) and that's been enough to tell a phenomenal story. Will this next run be as good? no probably not, but I won't hold that against this new writer, who has already said she will do her best to respect Azzarello's work.

I also think it's a good thing that DC is using a new writer, that keeps things fresh, and it always helps to be open to new blood.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I doubt any writer thats handed a project of this type and size with next to no experience behind it.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't know how she'll do on Wonder Woman. From what I can tell it won't be a Wonder Woman I want to continue reading. Azzarello has really put his mark on the character. I'm afraid the mythology he's built will fall away once he's gone. It would be my dream to see BKV step up and take the reigns.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Wonder Woman is actually a big female book at DC. I'm worry and concern with new writer like her can't deliver a good story. But she may surprise me and deliver a good WW story

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@longbowhunter: yup I heard looks like the new direction of WW book will be more focus on her relationship with JL members not her relationship with WW supporting characters

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how she'll do on Wonder Woman. From what I can tell it won't be a Wonder Woman I want to continue reading. Azzarello has really put his mark on the character. I'm afraid the mythology he's built will fall away once he's gone. It would be my dream to see BKV step up and take the reigns.

She's said that she plans to keep everything that Azzarello did, and respect everything that he's written so far, so I think we'll be good.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Wonder Woman is actually a big female book at DC. I'm worry and concern with new writer like her can't deliver a good story. But she may surprise me and deliver a good WW story

I'm sure she will do a great job, she seems to love the character and has put a lot of thought into this book.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I sure hope so. This is basically wonder woman #1 . while azarello told a 3 year long story that was pretty good, no effs were given about feats or allowing a way to quantify the feats that WERE shown. So basically all her feats are in other books and not her own. Its sad. Great for sales cause it was a good story. Just bad feats wise. If orion wasnt in her book, we'd basicalky be unable to quantify any of her feats. As a battle forum fan it sucks cause shes basically 3 years behind everyone feats wise. As just a regular person who enjoys comics and likes being entertained by a good story, azarellos run was cool.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By longbowhunter

@boynerdgeek: That's a shame. At the very least I'd like to see some of the characters like Hermes, Milan and Dio make occasional appearances in the greater DCU.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karazor-el: I'm actually pretty surprise when Geoff Johns takes over Superman from Lobdell and Meredith takes over WW from Azzarello, DC doesn't announce to relaunch Superman and Wonder Woman books like Teen Titans, but at the same time I'm happy DC doesn't always relaunch their books like Marvel thus.

Yeah hopefully Meredith will surprise me and makes great story involve WW

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@longbowhunter: I hope to see more Greeks Gods on DCU too... but hey lets read first issue of Finch WW then decide whether we want to continue to read or drop the comics from pull list

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: DC had to relaunch the Titans because the previous run was so bad that they wanted to start from square 1.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@captainmarvel4ever: yeah good points but Superman by Lobdell is bad also why DC don't decide to relaunch ? Any theory ?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16  Edited By Outside_85

@captainmarvel4ever: yeah good points but Superman by Lobdell is bad also why DC don't decide to relaunch ? Any theory ?

Not quite as bad.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Nothing against the Finches but I'm sitting this one out. I picked up WW because I was a big fan of Chiang's. With WW and Green Arrow getting creative team changes it allows me to drop both titles and add something new. Pretty interested in the new Batgirl team. Gotham Academy and Gotham by Midnight look promising, and there's always a new Image book worth checking out.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@longbowhunter: oh okay I understand. Just curious if Lemire decide to comeback to write Green Arrow again (which I doubt it may happens), will you pick up GA comics again ?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By longbowhunter

@boynerdgeek: Yeah I'd pick GA back up. I follow Jeff Lemire wherever he goes. I'm patiently awaiting all the great new stuff he has coming out next year.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Nothing against the Finches but I'm sitting this one out. I picked up WW because I was a big fan of Chiang's. With WW and Green Arrow getting creative team changes it allows me to drop both titles and add something new. Pretty interested in the new Batgirl team. Gotham Academy and Gotham by Midnight look promising, and there's always a new Image book worth checking out.

I think you should give both a chance, after all Charles Soule came out of nowhere and he's practically been God's gift to comics, so who knows what could happen?

But then again if they are good books you'll probably find out down the line.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: don't forget about Cullen Bunn. He writes good Magneto and Sinestro , suddenly Big 2 ask him to him every villains/anti hero nowadays

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Yeah I really really like his work, his Sinestro series has been perfect.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: You're right about Charles Soule. I'm so glad I kept Swamp Thing on my pull list after Scott Snyder left. And I'm thankful he's still on the book after becoming an in demand writer. As a general rule for any Marvel or DC comic, Writer/Artist/Character, 2 of the 3 I have to really like or I won't buy it. In the case of Soule on Swamp Thing, I researched him and found out he had written a creator owned supernatural music comic called 27. Being a massive Swamp Thing fan I gave him a shot and it worked out. But with the new teams on Wonder Woman and Green Arrow, nothing inspires that kinda faith in me. What little Meredith Finch has written doesn't make me interested and I don't like her husband's art. Kreisberg already had a mediocre run on GA, Sampere's art is just ok and to be honest I've never been that big a fan of New 52 Ollie. The new teams just don't meet my requirements to keep the title on my pull list. It may seem silly to be that methodical with one's comic books but I've been reading for a longtime, meaning I've bought a lot of comics I just didn't like. In the current climate, with so many good books on the shelves and me without a job, I have to be very discerning with each of my purchases. I'm a big fan of both Green Arrow and Wonder Woman and I wish the best for both characters going forward. I just won't be a long for the ride. Sorry I got so long winded.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fine, you wanted to give a detailed explanation. My response is: fair enough.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

You have to remember that even the greatest writers had to start somewhere, hopefully this will be a pleasant surprise.

@longbowhunter-It sounds like you'd be interested in this topic from a while back.