Will Marvel and DC ever have comics that run past 50 issues?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Recently, many comic books from Marvel and DC haven't made it past 50 issues ye (or so I've seen so far). So, do you think there might be a series from either Marvel or DC that will run past 50 issues?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Maybe, I like that they have stopped trying to focus on big numbers, and now prefer smaller series to make it easier for new readers.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

DC will. You think that they're suddenly going to stop printing Batman, Superman and JLA comics before they reach 50?

comicfan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Unless there is something an important person at DC said that I'm unaware of, I think they could have a few (Batman, Detective Comics, Justice Leageue, etc) But as for Marvel, no I do not think they will. I read somewhere that Hickman's Avengers will end somewhere in the forties but I think that is as close Marvel will get.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel always resets their issues, but DC will probably have numerous N52 titles reach 50.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I can't say for Marvel, but DC will. They're launch day New-52 runs are almost at 40 now, and those titles won't be cancelled. I'm talking like Batman, Superman, WW, etc.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel loves em some renumbering, DC on the other hand will probably have at least a few getting to 50+.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of creative teams only Batman has a real shot at 50 with same Writer/Artist. Justice League has also had the same writer for almost 50 issues.

Marvel almost no chance. I miss the old days of Ultimate Spidey, BMB/Bagley was a tough creative team to beat.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree about Marvel possibly not reaching up to 50 issues for their series since they are always constantly renumbering their books. I even think that once the major events for Marvel starts happening in 2015, they will probably cancel most of their current series to relaunch their titles if something major happens in 2015.

jackcryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jackcryan

On their best selling comics like Batman or Spider-Man eventually, but some of the smaller issues like She hulk or Klarion I don't think will make it past around 30ish issues.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Superman, justice league, wonder woman, g.l will all pass 50 issues

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think some of the bigger DC titles can make it (Justice League, Batman, etc) but I don't know if Marvel has enough patience for that.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On their best selling comics like Batman or Spider-Man eventually, but some of the smaller issues like She hulk or Klarion I don't think will make it past around 30ish issues.

Lol, She-Hulk's already booted out

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Anything is possible I guess.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: Yeah, I can see Superman and Batman running for awhile, although I'm not sure about Marvel doing the same.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

DC has at least a dozen and possible a couple dozen nearing in on 50 as is. All of which have healthy sales.

Marvel's marketing strategy pretty much makes that a no, though.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently, many comic books from Marvel and DC haven't made it past 50 issues ye (or so I've seen so far). So, do you think there might be a series from either Marvel or DC that will run past 50 issues?

Some 52-issues weekly series of DC like Futures End will. xD

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

DC should be getting some # 50s in Febuary 2016, and Futures End will make it there well before

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

DC's more popular books will. I laugh at the idea of Marvel making it into the 50's these days. Marvel loves renumbering which I find quite annoying. I look at books in the higher number range as having some type of quality and appeal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC definitely will. Batman, superman, wonder woman, flash, and all those really popular guys will go on until for years most likely. Unless theres a crisis event in 2015.

But I doubt marvel will. They reboot series for nono reason and they love to do big number ones.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

DC has at least a dozen and possible a couple dozen nearing in on 50 as is. All of which have healthy sales.

Marvel's marketing strategy pretty much makes that a no, though.

Sums it up nicely.

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

the Batman title will allegedly go on for another year, so maybe....