Will iron man beat hulk in AAOU because hes more popular?

• 65 results
Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We all know that every hulkbuster whos ever gone against the Hulk has been, well, busted by the Hulk. Im going to be pretty mad if Iron Man doesnt get the smackdown laid on him. What do you guys think will happen.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering iron man didn't win against thor

Yeah......

Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah.

Beata

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hulk will win that fight

-Lightbringer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By -Lightbringer-

Well I do like Iron Man better so I hope so.

Iron Man faced off against Hulk again during the "Original Sin" arc and would have won if Hulk didn't become intelligent because of Bruce's genetic modifications through Extremis. Against regular Hulk, he would have walked out victorious.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

no

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Hulk uses the Ironbuster fist...

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Mrnoital

Hulk wins then Widow calms him down before he kills Tony

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@mrnoital said:

Hulk wins then Widow calms him down before he kills Tony

Would be my theory, too. Avengers set up Hulk as an unstoppable force. Or maybe Tonys plan to stop the Hulk is successfull, but I don't think he will beat him in a fight. Did look like Hulk had the upperhand in the trailers, too.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope not.

From what I understand, Tony's got beef with just about every member of the team.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to be disappointed if Hulk doesn't win. He should win for sure. At the end of the day iron mans armor just can't heal like the hulk can. hulk rips Tony's suite apart. I would not be surprised if Stark gives the Hulk a bloody nose though that's about it

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@stahlflamme: the main reason I think it'll go like that, is in the trailer, there's a point where she there talking to and touching Hulk, it looks like the same place him and Tony were fighting

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

hope not

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering how popular in movies ironman and RDJ have been i wouldn't put it pass marvel for ironman to win

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Iron Man faced off against Hulk again during the "Original Sin" arc and would have won if Hulk didn't become intelligent because of Bruce's genetic modifications through Extremis. Against regular Hulk, he would have walked out victorious.

There is no version of Iron Man that can just "Walk out victorious" against the Hulk.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I think it will be one of those deals where ironman fights him (holds his own for a bit) then thor, cap, widow step in and help him (I think that widow/hulk hand palm comes right before hulk gets a thunderstruck sneak attack by Thor.) and then they send him into space.... enter planet hulk.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harriso: I think hulk will snap out of it before killing ironman. I think it will be Ironman holding his own and surviving while hulk progressively getting more and more annoyed

-Lightbringer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-lightbringer- said:

There is no version of Iron Man that can just "Walk out victorious" against the Hulk.

Then you've obviously not read Original Sin. Iron Man had gamma blades which could cut through the Hulk's skin.

The only reason Iron Man lost that fight was because Bruce made the Hulk more intelligent and capable of thinking strategically.

If it were the standard Hulk, Iron Man would have won.

No Caption Provided

Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Im kinda hoping that they'll stick to the comics and the hulkbuster suit will get totalled

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk will probably need one more blow to destroy the suit, but then he fights of the hex.

Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Harriso

@citizensentry: iron man has never come close to beating hulk, like ever. Remember that WWH ultimate hulkbuster suit he made? Look at how well that worked out for tony.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

Then you've obviously not read Original Sin. Iron Man had gamma blades which could cut through the Hulk's skin.

The only reason Iron Man lost that fight was because Bruce made the Hulk more intelligent and capable of thinking strategically.

No Caption Provided

But he didn't win though. Did he.

-Lightbringer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-lightbringer- said:

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

No Caption Provided

I never said he did and you completely ignored my point.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Obviously. How else will they fight him off? Apparently Thor wasn't enough or Iron Man wouldn't have resorted to the Hulk Buster armor.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously. How else will they fight him off? Apparently Thor wasn't enough or Iron Man wouldn't have resorted to the Hulk Buster armor.

Thor actually held back.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CitizenSentry

@-lightbringer- said:

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

No Caption Provided

Do you have scans of these "GAMMA BLADES" actually cutting through his skin?

And I didn't 'completely ignore your point' I just ignored the stupid parts.......No offence.

And if you honestly....HONESTLY believe any version of Iron Man could win against Hulk,Then Please do show scans of Iron Man being anywhere near Hulk levels.

-Lightbringer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-lightbringer- said:

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

No Caption Provided

And I didn't 'completely ignore your point' I just ignored the stupid parts.......No offence.

And if you honestly....HONESTLY believe any version of Iron Man could win against Hulk,Then Please do show scans of Iron Man being anywhere near Hulk levels.

It was stated that they could cut through Hulk's skin in the issue. So until that statement is disproved, it remains true. Why would the author say that it could when it couldn't and not even show it?

Not to mention that the Hulk made sure to avoid them which further suggests that those blades could damage him.

Like I said before, a mindless Hulk vs the current Iron Man with the gamma blades would surely be outsmarted and lose. But that wasn't the case, the Hulk had intelligence during that fight which changed the odds significantly.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they'll make it a tie. There wasn't a real clear cut victor in Iron Man and Thor's fight.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

No Caption Provided

It was stated that they could cut through Hulk's skin in the issue. So until that statement is disproved, it remains true. Why would the author say that it could when it couldn't and not even show it?

Not to mention that the Hulk made sure to avoid them which further suggests that those blades could damage him.

Like I said before, a mindless Hulk vs the current Iron Man with the gamma blades would surely be outsmarted and lose. But that wasn't the case, the Hulk had intelligence during that fight which changed the odds significantly.

There goes all the credibility you had on this site.

-Lightbringer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By -Lightbringer-

@citizensentry:

So you're telling me my credibility goes out the window when it was stated in the comic that the gamma blades can cut through Hulk's skin, having posted a scan of the page, and you have no evidence to disprove that statement.

Basically you're saying is your word>author........and you call that credibility? lol

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry:

So you're telling me my credibility goes out the window when it was stated in the comic that the gamma blades can cut through Hulk's skin, having posted a scan of the page, and you have no evidence to disprove that statement.

Basically you're saying is your word>author........and you call that credibility? lol

No. you know longer have any credibility on this site, because. you take on panel statements as fact.

Also if you look closely I mean really closely. you can see that Tony said that....Not the Author.

You have posted no scans of "GAMMA BLADES" cutting Hulks skin.

and you are just taking statements that may or may not be Hyperbole as fact.

Therefore, there goes your credibility.

You have also not posted any scans to show Iron Man anywhere near Hulk levels.

-Lightbringer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By -Lightbringer-

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

@citizensentry:

No. you know longer have any credibility on this site, because. you take on panel statements as fact.

Also if you look closely I mean really closely. you can see that Tony said that....Not the Author.

Wow this just silly. @bold: That has got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard on a vs forum.

The author wrote what Tony is supposed to say, making it his word. That wasn't a hyperbole. A hyperbole is something like "with this he's completely invincible!"

Tony literally said that he designed the Gamma Blades specifically to cut through Hulk's skin. That's not a hyperbole.

Iron Man being near Hulk levels is called a theory and an opinion. I gave you reasonable evidence that may suggest Iron Man with Gamma Blades having a fair chance against Hulk. You just deny those facts and what was established in that issue.

Author>Your word. Stop embarrassing yourself.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

They didn't let him win against Thor in the first movie, if you actually watch the fight you can tell that Thor would have one that fight eventually. So I don't think they'll let him win against Hulk either. I think he Hulkbuster will put up a good fight, since fighting the Hulk is what it was built for, but at the end of the day I believe that Hulk will still gain the upper hand at some point.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: how? Hulk was getting stronger as the fight went on that's why he gained the upper hand.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

before hulk bust ironmans ass black widow will calm him down.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most likely answer is it ending without a clear winner like the majority of hero vs hero fights.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

There won't be an obvious winner, it'll be designed to start wars between fanboys speculating on "who would've won" like Iron Man vs Thor or Hulk vs Thor in the last one. The thing I don't really buy is Black Widow bringing out a soft side in Hulk. Wasp - yes, Black Widow - not so much.

Why can't I have my Janet in these movies. :(

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's the batman (comic) of the mcu, he's unbeatable

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There won't be an obvious winner, it'll be designed to start wars between fanboys speculating on "who would've won" like Iron Man vs Thor or Hulk vs Thor in the last one. The thing I don't really buy is Black Widow bringing out a soft side in Hulk. Wasp - yes, Black Widow - not so much.

Ikr? Darn shame. I would have traded Widow, Hawkeye, and all the SHIELD characters for Janet and Ant-man.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#45  Edited By black_wreath

@darthmummy said:

@black_wreath said:

Ikr? Darn shame. I would have traded Widow, Hawkeye, and all the SHIELD characters for Janet and Ant-man.

Damn straight, actual founding members.

If the rumour that she's already dead before the start of Ant-Man is true I think I will throw up...

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy said:

@black_wreath said:

Damn straight, actual founding members.

If the rumour that she's already dead before the start of Ant-Man is true I think I will throw up...

No Caption Provided

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By Superguy1591

Nah, Marvel doesn't do stuff like this--the only good thing about Marvel.

Spider-Man isn't unbeatable in Marvel. Neither is Wolverine. Neither usually beats anyone out of their class.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CitizenSentry

@-lightbringer- said:

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

@citizensentry:

Wow this just silly. @bold: That has got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard on a vs forum.

The author wrote what Tony is supposed to say, making it his word. That wasn't a hyperbole. A hyperbole is something like "with this he's completely invincible!"

Tony literally said that he designed the Gamma Blades specifically to cut through Hulk's skin.That's not a hyperbole.

Iron Man being near Hulk levels is called a theory and an opinion. I gave you reasonable evidence that may suggest Iron Man with Gamma Blades having a fair chance against Hulk. You just deny those facts and what was established in that issue.

hyperbolehʌɪˈpəːbəli/nounnoun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles

1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Are we on about the same Tony that made a Thorbuster Armor, specifically made to defeat Thor.

Thor ripped the Thorbuster in half in about 10 seconds IIRC.

And you taking on panel statements over actual feats. Just means your an idiot.

P.S: Still waiting on the scans of the gamma blades cutting Hulk's skin.

-Lightbringer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By -Lightbringer-

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

@citizensentry said:

@-lightbringer- said:

@citizensentry:

Tony literally said that he designed the Gamma Blades specifically to cut through Hulk's skin.That's not a hyperbole.

hyperbolehʌɪˈpəːbəli/nounnoun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles

1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Are we on about the same Tony that made a Thorbuster Armor, specifically made to defeat Thor.

Thor ripped the Thorbuster in half in about 10 seconds IIRC.

And you taking on panel statements over actual feats. Just means your an idiot.

P.S: Still waiting on the scans of the gamma blades cutting Hulk's skin.

The ones about Hulkbuster and Thorbuster were revealed to be untrue by the author. The author would not state something to be untrue without showing it to be wrong. The writing isn't clear that way and doesn't make sense. If the author wanted to contradict a statement intentionally, then he would have done so....otherwise the statements made remain true until the author decides they are not true. That's why the statements about the Gamma Blades are true since the author decided not to prove that statement untrue.

I'm not gonna waste more time on you. Goodbye.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@kfabz-23 said:

@war_killer: how? Hulk was getting stronger as the fight went on that's why he gained the upper hand.

I know, that's why I said Hulk would eventually gain the upper hand. We don't know how the fight with Iron Man and Hulk will go, all we have to go on is from the trailers, but those are literally bits and pieces of the fight and are in no way how to determine how the fight will go. I'm simply going off of previous feats from both Hulk and Iron Man and from that believe Hulk would at some point gain the upper hand and win.

But I don't believe Iron Man would go down easy. We don't know much about the Hulkbuster armor used in the movie, but since Tony and Bruce are seen working together in the film, it's safe to assume that Bruce probably helped Tony in building the armor and because of that I believe the armor would still Hulk a good fight. If anything, I doubt the armor is even meant to actually beat Hulk, but similar to the cage used in The Avengers, the Hulkbuster is probably meant to slow Hulk down until the Avengers can figure out how to get control over him.