Will Hal Rejoin the Justice League?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

It finally hit me this week that it's been quiteeee a while since Hal left the league... Now I don't read Green Lantern, so I don't know if anything about it has been mentioned over there, but I'm wondering if he'll ever be back. What do you guys think? Or does anyone have THE ANSWER.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Saint_Sophie

I hope so, but sadly probably not.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By DrF8

I hope Hal will come back to the league

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

When did Hal leave the league?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@eyedcyou: Probably not any time soon, Venditti and Van Jensen are keeping him tied up in a multitude of Green Lantern crossovers as well as leading the Green Lantern Corps. There's not many spare months when the Green Lantern universe isn't in the middle of a crossover. Hell, the Godhead crossover with The New Gods is fresh off the back of The Uprising GL crossover with GL Corps dealing with the Durlans. All Green Lantern is now is crossovers and I can't get into that series when you need to read the other issues too.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@lvenger: Agreed. I wanna read GL, but not if I gotta read GLC, New Guardians, Sinestro and Red Lanterns too.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Agreed. I wanna read GL, but not if I gotta read GLC, New Guardians, Sinestro and Red Lanterns too.

At least with Johns, the crossovers were done at more opportune times and there was individual distinction between the books. Now it's just crossovers as if they can't think of individual stories for each book.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

When did he leave, exactly?

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm quite lucky because I read red lanterns, new guardians and Sinestro, and my buddy reads GL and GL corps so between us we can see the whole story. On topic though, running the green corps and patroling the universe wont leave much time to be a justice league support character, even if I want him back in there.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Not anytime soon I hope. He has enough going on in the GL books. I like the books being intertwined to tell a big story from different perspectives, him being back the JL would be too much for me.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal come home!

Beata

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Meh. He seems pretty busy. I like he's getting a lot of Character with all the GL Events happening. I just don't see him coming back anytime soon but I think he will eventually. Probably after or during Luthor some how screws himself over into becoming a villain again.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By johnfrank120
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

I'd like to see him return one day. Preferably after Johns is done.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@avenging_x_bolt: how come? Johns ' GL run made Hal a fan favorite among comic book readers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nickthedevil

Johns already stated in an interview that Hal was coming back, eventually. No idea when, but he did say he had plans for him to come back.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@life_without_progress: honestly, when I reread Johns' stories with Hal, he seems kinda bland in comparison to other writers. The only exception is the new 52 where Johns ramped up the douche factor without much to redeem him. I guess I'm scared that Johns will regress his character.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johns already stated in an interview that Hal was coming back, eventually. No idea when, but he did say he had plans for him to come back.

In a recent interview, Johns said there's going to be a GL in the Justice League, but he can't say who it is and when it's going to be. If it's Hal, I don't see why Johns has to be secretive, because it's already expected that Hal is supposed to return, unless it's a different GL.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:

@nickthedevil said:

In a recent interview, Johns said there's going to be a GL in the Justice League, but he can't say who it is and when it's going to be. If it's Hal, I don't see why Johns has to be secretive, because it's already expected that Hal is supposed to return, unless it's a different GL.

I've kind of been thinking that a different Lantern might join the team... I guess it would have to be Stewart, since Kyle & Guy are both busy.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:

@nickthedevil said:

Pretty sure he meant Power Ring. That's the only character that I remember anyone being secretive about lately.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Are you implying that Power Ring is going to join the Justice League?

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@mysoulz said:

@nickthedevil said:

I've kind of been thinking that a different Lantern might join the team... I guess it would have to be Stewart, since Kyle & Guy are both busy.

Maybe, but I don't see him putting in a character he doesn't really care about, unless it's an editorial decision.

@mysoulz said:

@nickthedevil said:

Pretty sure he meant Power Ring. That's the only character that I remember anyone being secretive about lately.

I was thinking this as well.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@nickthedevil: Are you implying that Power Ring is going to join the Justice League?

That, is already confirmed by Geoff Johns, in the same interview I referenced earlier. Can't exactly remember the specific date or with whom he was speaking, but I remember reading so.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

That, is already confirmed by Geoff Johns, in the same interview I referenced earlier. Can't exactly remember the specific date or with whom he was speaking, but I remember reading so.

Hmm... I find that... odd.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hal will come back. Him being in the j.l squad pose just prooves he is still part of the league(even if he is out)

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal will come back. Him being in the j.l squad pose just prooves he is still part of the league(even if he is out)

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I miss him in the JL books...but I guess that since Earth is being guarded by the RLC then Hal won't be around any time soon.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers