Will Flash and Arrow join DC's Cinematic Universe?

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I couldn't find a post about this on comicvine so please redirect me to it if I just missed it or something. I know a lot of people don't love the acting in Arrow and whatnot (I beg to differ but hey comic fans will complain about anything) but I think even if you don't like the acting, DC needs to add characters if they wanna do a Justice League film, and they don't have the money to make separate movies for everyone like Marvel did. So why not take these TV characters that people seem to really love for the most part? Marvel connected Agents of Shield to their cinematic universe.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By comicace3

Hopefully they'll make it into the the DCCU

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they'll make it into the the DCCU

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bflynn316: As of now it looks like the universes are going to be separate and I think that's for the better. What do you mean by "they don't have the money to make separate movies."

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Hopefully no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Connected universes in movies is a really bad idea IMO.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zaied

No. WB and CW wouldn't want to limit their stories and creative ability by connecting their universes for no reason. And where did you get that WB/DC doesn't have the money for separate films??

They can do a Justice League film without the use of solo films as long as the Trinity is established, which they will be after MoS 2.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I wouldn't mind if they were.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By youknowwhattodo

If WB has any brains they would not do it. First off, Green Arrow does not need to be in the Justice League, he can have his own show or film but with Batman/Bruce Wayne in the Justice League, Oliver Queen is going to feel redundant, especially if they use Arrow's version who is a dollar-store version of Bruce Wayne. Second, can you imagine Grant Gustin's Flash alongside Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, just picture it.....that's all I need to say.

Just let the Arrow and Flash characters flourish on their own shows, trust me it won't end up well if they appear in the JL film.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied: @idude: As for the money I was under the impression that the reason they weren't able to make as many movies as Marvel is because Marvel has Disney's funding.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Jphu8414

I want them to

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope not.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: It's mostly because WB has a plethora of other projects on their plate outside of CBMs. They have no such studio that's dedicated to just DC properties, so when something like Green Lantern bombs it slows the entire process down.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

@zaied: @idude: As for the money I was under the impression that the reason they weren't able to make as many movies as Marvel is because Marvel has Disney's funding.

WB was the highest grossing studio of 2013. I doubt money's an issue.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

No its a stilly idea and WB just don't pollinate DC films with CW actors anyway (its a silly "because Marvel did it, they can do it" pipe dream for some people.) And yes WB have brains (they also upped their input of films by 60% so that means more DC films, so yes they have brains.) But let's be honest here, there are so many good actors that could play The Flash and Green Arrow (but he's not an original member, so probably not until a 2nd or 3rd JL movie.) However I'm sure WB can change the team, if they want to. But our only confirmed members are Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg. However I've been hearing about Aquaman, so he must be on the list.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want Flash in a JL movie, and if the character is already there, then why not?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't watch Arrow so I couldn't tell you if I like the idea of him being in their universe or not.