Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

murderpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lordofthenorth: Howard the duck is a friggin masterpiece. Howard the duck reboot already I'm the works.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#54 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@mitran said:

Hehe. "d0gz" makes me think of Doge. There's an alternate reality where Doge is on staff for a comic book website.

"So Arrow! Such good! Very comics! Wow!"

Anyway.

No Caption Provided

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's not watching? TELL MEEE!

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: So what if their is an alternate timeline its not the show so why does that matter and so what if some one said that Green Arrows rogues are lame i have no idea what your even getting at here was this guy a producer or writer if not so what?

No problem is basicaly everything in the show is form the Batman. It is when you ignore the characters history and insteed just use Batman villains. Merlyn being part of the League is fine he was in the comics. The problem is the show co-opting The League like its part of Green Arrow when besides a couple story the League has nothing to do with Ollie. Becuase yet again Suicide Squid has nothing to do with Green Arrow i dont think an any of his rogues have even been on the team. Flash is fine he is his own character. Brick couldnt be any worse than what they did to Count Vertigo ( he is basical Nolans Scarecrow). I dont have to watch the show to see what they are doing all it takes is to look at reviews and clips to see besides for the back story they have Ollie acting like a Batman ripe off

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59  Edited By Pokeysteve

Season one had it's meh moments but season two has been all rise so far. I'm dreading the summer break.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All you had to say was Deathstroke.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sissel

There is not a single show for everyone, so if you don't like it don't watch. But don't bash other people who likes it, because it just means we have different taste. As for me, I watched Arrow since the pilot episode and I must say that I'm loving every episode they have so far.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@k4tzm4n: So what if their is an alternate timeline its not the show so why does that matter and so what if some one said that Green Arrows rogues are lame i have no idea what your even getting at here was this guy a producer or writer if not so what?

No problem is basicaly everything in the show is form the Batman. It is when you ignore the characters history and insteed just use Batman villains. Merlyn being part of the League is fine he was in the comics. The problem is the show co-opting The League like its part of Green Arrow when besides a couple story the League has nothing to do with Ollie. Becuase yet again Suicide Squid has nothing to do with Green Arrow i dont think an any of his rogues have even been on the team. Flash is fine he is his own character. Brick couldnt be any worse than what they did to Count Vertigo ( he is basical Nolans Scarecrow). I dont have to watch the show to see what they are doing all it takes is to look at reviews and clips to see besides for the back story they have Ollie acting like a Batman ripe off

You can count the number of decent Green Arrow rogues on one hand. If writers actually limited themselves to GA's mythos alone, the show would wrap up in two seasons. No one cares about the Duke of Oil or High-Rise or the rest of the unmentionables. Arrow uses Batman villains because anything Batman touches turns to gold. Simple as that. Comic book fans are more likely to appreciate Deadshot and Huntress showing up than they are Brick or Constantine Drakon. Green Arrow has little to do with the League of Assassins, and the show doesn't pretend he does. But Black Canary has a very strong association with the League of Assassins, and so she's used as the connection to the League. Ollie's only interactions with the League have been through her, and suggesting that's shying away from the source material is silly when even in the source material, Merlyn and Canary are Ollie's primary connections to the League.

If you really need names, Arsenal, Count Vertigo and Clock King are all Green Arrow characters who have been on the Suicide Squad as well as on Arrow, but that doesn't really matter. The Suicide Squad has nothing to do with anyone. They're an independent organization that can and do appear in the stories of any hero writers want to pit them against, so the Squad appearing on Arrow doesn't violate the source material either. If you don't have a problem with the Flash appearing because he's his own character, why would you have a problem with the Squad showing up when they're their own team?

Not everything in the show is from Batman; it's mostly just the parts that ultimately don't matter. Dropping names like Firefly and Bronze Tiger just keeps fans happy. The parts that do matter are almost entirely Green Arrow stuff. Deadshot and Bronze Tiger don't affect Ollie outside of fight scenes. The characters that do affect him are Moira, Thea, Roy, Canary, Shado, Isabel Rochev and a host of other characters who are all uniquely GA supporting cast. The Batman villains are usually just one-and-done appearances, barring a few. The first season's main villain was Merlyn, Green Arrow's nemesis. The second season's main villain is Deathstroke, who has a long-standing feud with Green Arrow even in the source material --- see Winnick's run, or Identity Crisis, or Ollie's wedding etc. How these events are disrespectful to the source material is beyond me. It's entirely possible the third season's main villain might be Ra's al Ghul, but with the way things are going, it'll still be with Canary as a go-between. Reviews and clips aren't going to tell you what the show's about. They're good for uninformed opinions on internet forums, but they're not really a substitute for watching the show.

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow is doing an incredible job of balancing the show where it can appeal to the casual viewer who would be into more of the soap opera aspect of the show and then at the same time still appeal to the comic book fan's who like the character and the source material.

All in all Arrow is doing a great job and i hope it continues to do so for many years to come

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheRyanHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Everything but the incredibly awkward...uh awkwardness between Felicity and Ollie is awesome.

PopRock123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By PopRock123

Its a decent show I continue to watch because its Green Arrow but the acting and writing could be way better but this is cw were talking about.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: well if Arrows villains arnt good enough they could i dont know recreate old ones you know be creative. The problem is Canary has jack all to do with the League aswell and is just used as an excuse to connet to the League they wouldnt care about any of these jerk offs.

Actualy the Suicide Squad seeing as it is mostly made up of Batman villains it has had long history of fighting agaisnt Batman since he is always trying to stop what ever it is they are doing.

My problem is that most of the characters are from Batman and their treatment is disgusting just ether used as cannon fodder for Ollie forced ass relationships like Huntress or in some cases like Deadshot they completely mess up the character so badly that you wonder why they even bother and with a guy like Bronze Tiger who should have kicked Ollie to the crub in a matter of seconds struggles against him.

Well since Ollie and Canaries relationship was boring as hell and this show hasnt changed that so i find that silly and you bring up Idenity Crisis which is one of the biggest piles of crap i have ever read in my life that is most definitly disrepectful to the character.

Canary as a in between still dosnt make any sense becuase a guy like Ra's wouldnt waste his time with any of these guys and he certainly wouldnt give a rats ass about Canary or let his duaghter waste her time doing what ever it is the hell she is doing.

lastly i dont know if you watched that ep with Count Vertigo but the show turned a great villain into just a scarecrow rip off

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68  Edited By LyraFay

I watched it up to episode 17 of season 1 but was completely bored by it. I mean I get what they are doing but Oliver Queen/Green Arrow is one of the most entertaining DC characters ever but I feel like they've missed the mark. I'm just going to keep watching him and co in animated form.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Yeah. Great season and great show!

Also was picked up for Season 3 a couple weeks ago.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@saren: well if Arrows villains arnt good enough they could i dont know recreate old ones you know be creative. The problem is Canary has jack all to do with the League aswell and is just used as an excuse to connet to the League they wouldnt care about any of these jerk offs.

Actualy the Suicide Squad seeing as it is mostly made up of Batman villains it has had long history of fighting agaisnt Batman since he is always trying to stop what ever it is they are doing.

My problem is that most of the characters are from Batman and their treatment is disgusting just ether used as cannon fodder for Ollie forced ass relationships like Huntress or in some cases like Deadshot they completely mess up the character so badly that you wonder why they even bother and with a guy like Bronze Tiger who should have kicked Ollie to the crub in a matter of seconds struggles against him.

Well since Ollie and Canaries relationship was boring as hell and this show hasnt changed that so i find that silly and you bring up Idenity Crisis which is one of the biggest piles of crap i have ever read in my life that is most definitly disrepectful to the character.

Canary as a in between still dosnt make any sense becuase a guy like Ra's wouldnt waste his time with any of these guys and he certainly wouldnt give a rats ass about Canary or let his duaghter waste her time doing what ever it is the hell she is doing.

lastly i dont know if you watched that ep with Count Vertigo but the show turned a great villain into just a scarecrow rip off

Which old ones? And how does that solve the problem of people preferring to tune in for villains they're familiar with?

For someone who complains about the show not syncing with the source material, you don't seem to have any idea what the source material is. You think Black Canary has "jack all" to do with the League? Really? She was once in a romantic relationship with Ra's al Ghul himself, she was trained by the League, she used one of his Lazarus Pits to get her powers back, she was a rival to Lady Shiva, and her foster daughter Sin was being groomed to eventually become the next Ra's al Ghul. Does that sound like "jack all" to you? Outside of the Batman family, no other DC hero has a connection to the League as strong as Black Canary does.

The Suicide Squad isn't "mostly made up of Batman villains" for anyone familiar with the history of the Squad and its rosters. People just get that impression because Deadshot and Bronze Tiger are the only villains they can recognize. Batman's villains are over-represented in every single villain group, be it the Secret Society or the Religion of Crime or the Injustice League or what have you. That doesn't mean all those groups are primarily Batman's focus. And no, the Squad does not have a "long history of going up against Batman". Batman has gone up against flipping Darkseid more often than he's gone up against the Suicide Squad. I'll have to check on this, but I think he's also gone up against the Spectre more often than the Suicide Squad.

Complaining about how villains are represented is a different matter entirely from complaining about over-reliance on a particular mythos. You can say the Ollie/Canary relationship is "boring as hell", but the vast majority of fans like it, so let's not pretend that's anything more than your opinion. You can also complain all you want about how Ra's "wouldn't waste time on any of these guys", despite the fact that that's exactly what he does in the source material, but that's false too. As for Ra's letting his daughter "waste her time doing whatever the hell she's doing"......you realize that Ra's having little to no control over his headstrong daughters has been part of his character for a long time now? To the point that Ra's father Sensei was insulting him about it during Morrison's run? Who exactly do you think Ra's al Ghul is?

I wouldn't have a problem with any of these complaints if they were the slightest bit coherent or made any sense. You're literally just rambling out a list of unrelated gripes, some of which don't even have anything to do with the show. What does the quality of writing in Identity Crisis have to do with anything? Does it somehow change the fact that Deathstroke is a frequent enemy of Green Arrow's?

If you're determined to hate the show, you just have to say so.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: Just ignore him Saren. I almost replied to his gripes but then I remembered having to interact with @LordoftheNorth on another topic and realized it wasn't worth it. He is just really negative and dead set on trying to bring others down to his level.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#72  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I love this show.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No other TV series keeps me as excited as Arrow does and I don't think I'm being all too biased since I'm a comic book guy like everyone here.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My grandma loves this show.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Mxyzptlk_CV

@erik said:

Why you shouldn't watch Arrow.

Loading Video...

Mediocre in comparison to the books...They left out a lot of stuff and it's very overrated...

If you want a GREAT show, watch "True Detective" on HBO...Best Tv show since the Wire...

Shika1Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Shika1Dude

legit reasons...

JV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Finally got my wife to sit down and watch it with me. She could care less about Superheros, but this show grabbed her. With that said, the show has appeal to the non comic fan as the article suggests. I know half the world has DVR now, but I think the show may even do a little better with a 9pm time slot. 8pm is a tough time when you have kids to put down.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@saren: Canary received training from the League? that's news to me.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 rogueshadow  Moderator
@erik said:

Why you shouldn't watch Arrow.

Loading Video...

Watch both!

Superbat420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so confused on why Dinah laurel isn't black canary but whatever great show

musim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I support this motion.

Vampire_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Vampire_Batman

Too much teen drama about romance and the typical soap opera BS. It should be grim and focussed on survival. A guy who killed this many people and survived torture wouldn't give a damn about all the dramatic gossip nonsense.

It should be like this: a guy is hunter by corrupt and powerful elites who control the police and media. He refuses to use guns and vows to take them down by any means. He should constantly be on the run using low technology survival tactics he learned on the island to kill those who needs killing.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL at calling this Batman wannabe show "Green Arrow's show" when theres almost no trace of the real Green Arrow.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:

WTF?....YOU CANT WATCH BOTH?.....grow up

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

I absolutely LOVE this show, but my one thing lately is its such an intense show you need to be in the right room and atmo to watch it. At least for me and my fiance that is, we just have a crazy schedule life style wise we havnt been able to keep up. Our last episode was the intro of Grundy and Barry Allen, so pretty soon were going to make a night out of it to finish whats already aired.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#90  Edited By Erik

@barkley said:

@erik:

WTF?....YOU CANT WATCH BOTH?.....grow up

No Caption Provided

Yes, you attack someone for making a joke and I am the one that needs to grow up. ;)

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91  Edited By ScrappyDont27

@longbowhunter: @doomdoomdoom: same thing with me kind of lost interest after the huntress stuff and took me forever to finally finish season 1 , will probably go on a binge here soon and catch up with season 2

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! the only thing that could make this show even more epic is the ultimate cameo...a batman cameo!!!

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By nintendork666

I have to agree with the general consensus that Arrow and Game of Thrones are the best things on tv right now.

jfreaksss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COPY LINK AND WATCH FULL SERIES>>> tinyurl.com/km7j2ln

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

me like Felicity

DoobityDoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a decent show but Green arrow acts nothing like Green arrow the tones dark he is dark and broody. They made everything really realistic .But the flash in it is good and I'm hoping season 3 is good and is fun

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By VinoVash1234

I dont get the CW hate as a whole? why does every CW show have to be hated because its on cw?