#1 Edited by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanna know what really pisses me off ?? When people on the battle boards say "I'm a huge fan of character X.... BUT..." That "But" just showed that you're lying and only trying to persuade other actual pro character X debaters to see your side by pretending to actual like the character ! I know it is t true for all cases but the vast majority must be lying and I find it highly low down !

What low down Tatics annoy you on the battle boards ?

#2 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6340 posts) - - Show Bio

@imnemothegemini: Or you could like a character but know he wouldn't win a battle. My favorite character is Batman, but can Batman defeat Superman? Unless in very specific situations, probably not. Could Batman beat Galactus? No, of course not. If I got involved in a Batman vs. Wolverine no prep battle, I would say that "Although I'm a huge fan of Batman, Wolverine has a much larger chance of winning this."

#3 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

You really think that if someone thinks a character loses they're not a fan?

That's a pretty brazen assumption.

#4 Edited by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@mysterioususername:

Maybe I should be more specific in the OP.. I mean when a person say that.. The. Comes and gives a whole grocery list of reasons why "X" can't and never will beat "y" .. Basically adding "Stomp" at the end would top it off nicely.. Some actually do that.. Especially in close battles like say... Prof. X(no tp) vs Magneto in a chess match ! Lol no true fan of a character would say "X" gets stomped or implies it in a close battle !

#5 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse:

Maybe I should be more specific in the OP.. I mean when a person say that.. The. Comes and gives a whole grocery list of reasons why "X" can't and never will beat "y" .. Basically adding "Stomp" at the end would top it off nicely.. Some actually do that.. Especially in close battles like say... Prof. X(no tp) vs Magneto in a chess match ! Lol no true fan of a character would say "X" gets stomped or implies it in a close battle !

But even after you admit Logan has a better chance to win.. You'd still say why Bruce could etch out a win or two out of ten.. Or am I wrong ?

#6 Posted by JediXMan (30647 posts) - - Show Bio

So, what debate did you lose?

That's usually what makes people make these kinds of threads...

#7 Posted by Night Thrasher (3689 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Edited by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@imnemothegemini: So you mean specifically in close matches? Are you sure you're not overestimating your character of choice?

#9 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6340 posts) - - Show Bio

@imnemothegemini: Ok, that seems like a fair complaint :)

As for the Batman vs. Wolverine (without prep), it's a somewhat close match. I think Batman could win 2 or 3 times out of ten.

#10 Posted by i_like_swords (14527 posts) - - Show Bio

Look, I'm a BIG fan of your posts... but.. I disagree.

#11 Edited by Pokeysteve (8304 posts) - - Show Bio

They say that to keep the debate civil and to avoid all of that fanboy BS.

@jedixman said:

So, what debate did you lose?

That's usually what makes people make these kinds of threads...

Hahahahahahaha