Why X-Men: Days of Future Past is an Average Film

• 118 results
ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

@theamazingspidey: I didn't think origins was terrible when it first came out either lol. X1, 2, and First Class were good films. I watched the X-Men movies in order before seeing DOFP for the first time lol, it was awesome.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@ccraft:

Yeah - I liked it several years ago, nothing deep... something I watched and enjoyed, nothing else ^__^

Speaking of which - I watched X2: United from start to finish a couple of hours ago... wow... that was seriously great. It isn't flawless in any sense, but it's certainly one of the best comic book films of all time, and defined the genre - 9.5/10. Huh - I'll never understand why everyone thinks Spider-Man 2 defined the comic book film genre, seeing as X2 was released one year before and that was as good, if not better, than SM2.

- TAS

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Damn now I'm starting to want to watch X2 again.. lol, my weekend is free I'll probably watch it some time then.

That's awesome! :) What did you like about it? I personally thought the cast was amazing, that Nightcrawler opening scene was awesome. The story of Wolverine's origin was handled better than Origins, and the action scenes involving Wolverine were badass!

I loved the Spiderman films as a kid, but now I just get into it, idk what it is. The action scenes are amazing, and the story and pacing is good. Maybe it's just the casting, not a big fan of who they got to play Spidey, MJ, and Harry. But yh I'd say X2 is one of the best cbms out there.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@theamazingspidey: Damn now I'm starting to want to watch X2 again.. lol, my weekend is free I'll probably watch it some time then.

That's awesome! :) What did you like about it? I personally thought the cast was amazing, that Nightcrawler opening scene was awesome. The story of Wolverine's origin was handled better than Origins, and the action scenes involving Wolverine were badass!

I loved the Spiderman films as a kid, but now I just get into it, idk what it is. The action scenes are amazing, and the story and pacing is good. Maybe it's just the casting, not a big fan of who they got to play Spidey, MJ, and Harry. But yh I'd say X2 is one of the best cbms out there.

I liked... the stuff with Mystique and Wolverine, yeah, they were awesome. Mystique is a bada$$, and she's sexy, heh, heh ^__^ and the origins of Wolverine were well handled - I specifically liked how almost all the characters were developed with their own arcs or something, minor or not. One of my gripes is actually Nightcrawler - I thought he was well done, but the character wasn't explored much and didn't feel critical to the plot.

Yeah - they're my childhood films, although looking back, SM1 and SM3 don't hold up well, and although I love SM2 a lot... it just doesn't do it for me on entertainment level. Here's to hoping I'll love Days of Future Past when I watch it on Blu-Ray ^__^

Hm... if I may... why is Man of Steel your favourite CBM? Not attacking you, LOL, because MOS used to also be my favourite, so I'm just curious >__>

- TAS

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ccraft

@theamazingspidey:

True, Nightcrawler wasn't explored much, but I think he served his purpose for the film. It would have been great to have him return for X3 and explore him a bit more you know? I'm hoping for a young Nightcrawler in X-Men Apocalypse, that would be awesome!

Batman and Superman are my 2 all time favorite characters, always been that way since I was a kid. Never liked the previous Superman films, just could never get into it. I don't know if you haven't realized this or not, but I'm into movies that are dark, gritty, realistic, with good story (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Dredd, etc..). My favorite movie of 2013 was Prisoners, great movie highly recommend it.

Anyways, the reason I like MOS so much is it's a new take on Superman, and imo he doesn't become Superman when he puts on the suit, for me he's still not fully "Superman" yet, this movie was a long origin story. Usually you have an origin film they put on the suit 20 or 30 minutes in and the hero know what he has to do. But in Superman's case he was learning as he went on, he never threw a punch in his life until Zod shows up. He had to choose between the humans and his own kind, it was a tough choice to make, and Zod wasn't willing to share Earth.

Superman killing Zod for me, was like the high point of the movie, just like in TDKR when Bane broke Batman's back (nearly jumped out of my seat when I saw that theaters :D), it shows what Superman is willing to do in an impossible situation, and it gives us something to think about when he's put into another impossible situation, is he willing to kill again? We'll have to wait to see.

The action and the visuals were incredible, nothing much else to add there.

No Caption Provided

Henry Cavill is the perfect Superman, he looked and sound great as a young Supes in MOS, and he looks near perfect in BvS. Zod was a great villain, I like bad guys who think they're doing the right thing, it adds so much more layers to the character. Superman struggled his whole life it seems, something I can relate to I suppose, not that I can fly or anything :P So there's a personal connection there, something I can relate with. Also I might be in the minority, but I really felt for these characters and what they were going threw. If a movie can make me feel for the characters on some level or another, it's a good movie for me.

I'm actually thinking about bumping V for Vendetta up to #1, that movie is amazing, a lot of sad moments in that film that brings tears to my eyes. The story, the cast, and the action were all great. I actually bumped it up to #3 a few minutes ago on my favorite cbm list. I could go on and on about this movie as well ;)

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@theamazingspidey:

True, Nightcrawler wasn't explored much, but I think he served his purpose for the film. It would have been great to have him return for X3 and explore him a bit more you know? I'm hoping for a young Nightcrawler in X-Men Apocalypse, that would be awesome!

Batman and Superman are my 2 all time favorite characters, always been that way since I was a kid. Never liked the previous Superman films, just could never get into it. I don't know if you haven't realized this or not, but I'm into movies that are dark, gritty, realistic, with good story (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Dredd, etc..). My favorite movie of 2013 was Prisoners, great movie highly recommend it.

Anyways, the reason I like MOS so much is it's a new take on Superman, and imo he doesn't become Superman when he puts on the suit, for me he's still not fully "Superman" yet, this movie was a long origin story. Usually you have an origin film they put on the suit 20 or 30 minutes in and the hero know what he has to do. But in Superman's case he was learning as he went on, he never threw a punch in his life until Zod shows up. He had to choose between the humans and his own kind, it was a tough choice to make, and Zod wasn't willing to share Earth.

Superman killing Zod for me, was like the high point of the movie, just like in TDKR when Bane broke Batman's back (nearly jumped out of my seat when I saw that theaters :D), it shows what Superman is willing to do in an impossible situation, and it gives us something to think about when he's put into another impossible situation, is he willing to kill again? We'll have to wait to see.

The action and the visuals were incredible, nothing much else to add there.

No Caption Provided

Henry Cavill is the perfect Superman, he looked and sound great as a young Supes in MOS, and he looks near perfect in BvS. Zod was a great villain, I like bad guys who think they're doing the right thing, it adds so much more layers to the character. Superman struggled his whole life it seems, something I can relate to I suppose, not that I can fly or anything :P So there's a personal connection there, something I can relate with. Also I might be in the minority, but I really felt for these characters and what they were going threw. If a movie can make me feel for the characters on some level or another, it's a good movie for me.

I'm actually thinking about bumping V for Vendetta up to #1, that movie is amazing, a lot of sad moments in that film that brings tears to my eyes. The story, the cast, and the action were all great. I actually bumped it up to #3 a few minutes ago on my favorite cbm list. I could go on and on about this movie as well ;)

Aww... that's cool, I'm glad you liked MOS. I watched Man of Steel in Europe, so that's a strange experience O_o I liked it too ^_^ V for Vendetta? I've got a Vendetta mask, although I haven't seen the movie, I'd like to, though.

And I agree - Cavill is perfect as Clark, and a meld of Tom Welling's depiction and Christopher Reeve's depiction... speaking of which - have you watched Smallville?

- TAS

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Strange experience how? V for Vendetta is great you gotta watch it, it's online for free, also probably at your local movie shop if you don't like viewing movies online. My brother has the V mask as well lol. Literally the best performance I've seen Natalie Portman give.

I've seen a few episodes of Smallville, not really my kind of show, it's been forever since I seen it, I couldn't really tell you why I didn't like it. The Justice League in that show looked horrible from what I seen. Again, I'm into dark and gritty stuff, Sons of Anarchy, TWD, House of Cards, Dexter, Breaking Bad, just to name a few. I do enjoy comedy as well, I'm no sadist or anything lol.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@theamazingspidey: Strange experience how? V for Vendetta is great you gotta watch it, it's online for free, also probably at your local movie shop if you don't like viewing movies online. My brother has the V mask as well lol. Literally the best performance I've seen Natalie Portman give.

I've seen a few episodes of Smallville, not really my kind of show, it's been forever since I seen it, I couldn't really tell you why I didn't like it. The Justice League in that show looked horrible from what I seen. Again, I'm into dark and gritty stuff, Sons of Anarchy, TWD, House of Cards, Dexter, Breaking Bad, just to name a few. I do enjoy comedy as well, I'm no sadist or anything lol.

Dunno... first time I've seen a CBM overseas, LOL, I probably will watch it sometime, thanks for the recommendation ^__^

I bought the whole box set because I was addicted >__> I'm not into Superman (well, I DO own a New 52 Superman Volume and Justice League Origins, but that's it) and I enjoyed the show a hell of a lot. It's mediocre, critically, but it's some great fun and I grew attached to the characters.

Fair enough, heh, heh - many people like dark stuff. Speaking of which - thoughts on The Dark Knight trilogy?

- TAS

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

honestly I agree with you about Quicksilver....you can tell that the only reason that he was in the film is because Fox heard that Marvel was using him in Avengers 2 so they wanted to beat them to the punch

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Np, thanks for the conversation, one of the reasons I don't come on CV as often as I did is because no one was interested in talking, just posting comments to rack up "posting points".

I'm not a big fan on how Batman was portrayed, especially his Batman voice... There good movies, I would rate them in this order BB > TDK > TDKR.

Batman Begins is my favorite of the trilogy because it focuses on Bruce a bit more than Batman, his training from the LoA was very interesting. The fight scenes were very poor for my taste, too much shaky cam and whatnot. Perhaps they made Batman too realistic, this version of Batman is "ok", but the Batman could have been better imo. There's still some great Batman moments in there tho.

TDK had the best villains, Joker and Two Face, not much else to add.

Bane was pretty cool in TDKR, him breaking Batman's back really redeemed that movie for me.

I have a hate/love relationship with TDK trilogy lol

Batman and Superman were the greatest heroes imo growing up, hell I still think that, they're both very interesting characters.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@knightsofdarkness2 said:

@saint_wildcard said:

My top three so far this year is

1. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (might even be in my top 10 of all time)
  2. Cap 2
  3. X-Men DOFP

Add GoTG to the mix and this would be the same exact list as mine.

@symbioticspider-man said:

X-men DOFP > GotG

I respect your opinion, but I totally disagree here. Lol

Dawn of The Planet of The Apes was completely mediocre, I hated the film, which is strange because Rise of The Planet of The Apes is one of my all time favourite films, and Dawn was pathetic - the only redeeming qualities being the outstanding CGI, visuals, mo-cap and a well rounded cast.

- TAS

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Just kidding, but this has got to be like the second time I have EVER seen anyone hate on the film, EVER.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ccraft:

Yeah - I liked it several years ago, nothing deep... something I watched and enjoyed, nothing else ^__^

Speaking of which - I watched X2: United from start to finish a couple of hours ago... wow... that was seriously great. It isn't flawless in any sense, but it's certainly one of the best comic book films of all time, and defined the genre - 9.5/10. Huh - I'll never understand why everyone thinks Spider-Man 2 defined the comic book film genre, seeing as X2 was released one year before and that was as good, if not better, than SM2.

- TAS

A LOT of people think that X2 is better than Spidey 2, heck, I probably enjoyed DOFP more or just as much as Spiderman 2, actually.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

For me Guardians of The Galaxy is average movie while X-men Days of Future Past is not

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me Guardians of The Galaxy is average movie while X-men Days of Future Past is not

To each his own, then >__>

- TAS

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ironic part is the original DOFP comic influenced movies such as Terminator, so it really isn't stale for them to use the storyline.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie was OK for me.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers