Why the MCU hate?

inFINN1te

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I noticed a lot of MCU hate here. I know the stereotypes of too much humor and action but I always loved it and felt it captured the comic feel in movie form nearly perfectly and is now my favorite movie series to date. I won't say every movie is great(Iron Man 3) but it seems people find MOS even better than most MCU movies. I just thought it was one of those things very few people disliked. I'm not saying that you have no right to hate it because it's your opinion but why do so many people hate it?

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel most of the time is just people reacting against the fanboys who overhype it and put everything else down. I know that's when I've complained most about the MCU, even though I like several of the movies and love both cap ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate the MCU. The movies just aren't for me.

L. D.

inFINN1te

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan12456: Ah okay. I don't dislike a single one aside from IM3 personally. Some are just okay and some are decent. But a lot are good and some are amazing to me (IM1, Winter Soldier, GOTG, both Avengers). My personal opinion.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?(?)

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Transformers1024

It's either because of fanboys or people who just think it's cool to hate on the popular things.

inFINN1te

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: I don't like responses like "butthurt DC fans". It just seems immature. And I don't even like DC much. Never had anything against their comics but I just can't get into them or their characters. Nonetheless I get what you're saying. DC fans who hate on everything Marvel just because it's Marvel.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is the 3rd threads about this

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we not do "Why MCU Hate"thread everyday....it feels like a daily news every new guy comes and makes this thread...enough already,,,,

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

every new guy is edgy to create this kind of thread nowadays /sarcasm

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's with all the victim cards being pulled?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

this again?

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Its a backlash towards its popularity. It happens with everything. Take Frozen for example. There is also the element of the Marvel V DC rivalry. A lot of DC fans are sick and tired of Marvel fans constantly bashing every little thing that comes out of the DC films like announcements, pictures, teasers, ect. So in response they attack the MCU. The MCU isnt perfect and shouldnt be treated as the end all be all of superhero films like some people treat them.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed a lot of MCU hate here. I know the stereotypes of too much humor and action but I always loved it and felt it captured the comic feel in movie form nearly perfectly and is now my favorite movie series to date. I won't say every movie is great(Iron Man 3) but it seems people find MOS even better than most MCU movies. I just thought it was one of those things very few people disliked. I'm not saying that you have no right to hate it because it's your opinion but why do so many people hate it?

I must be reading this wrong but so what if people feel MOS is better than any of the MCU movies?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so sick of threads like these...

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The MCU films are not perfect, but they are some of the best superhero films out there.

MARVEL has shown that superhero films can be epic.

- TAS

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU hate? Do you mean on the Vine? Because as a whole, the MCU is the most succesfull film franchise in history, with massive mainstream success.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I am so sick of threads like these...

@kyrees said:

every new guy is edgy to create this kind of thread nowadays /sarcasm

Can we not do "Why MCU Hate"thread everyday....it feels like a daily news every new guy comes and makes this thread...enough already,,,,

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Because most of their recent films have been terrible.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? MoS gets 10x more hate than even universally bad MCU films like Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 2/3. There are far more MCU fans, and I very rarely see these "but hurt DC fans". As for the topic, hate isn't the right word. Every movie is bound to have elements that don't drive home with certain people. I definently feel the MCU would benefit from a feel more like CA: TWS, as that had a great balance between humor and seriousness. When people like Ultron are dropping one-liners constantly its a bit hard to take the, seriously. I still enjoy most MCU films I go to, and think they're a good thing for the comic industry. They just seem a tad overhyped by many here.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

What really bugs me are all these film snobs acting like Super heroes are ruining movies. Movies are for entertainment, the snobs are just mad cause super hero movies do that better than their coma inducing indie film crap.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

hate?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

@noone301994: Well, these threads beat the cream pie and facial ones. Personally, I prefer carrot cake and straight razor shaves.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

How can you people act like the victim when you've been on the top sense 2012

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MCU is awesome for me

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MrHamWallet

Eh it does get a lot of hate here, they've made some sub-par films but the ones they've made that are great go to show how well comics can be translated into movies. At the end of the day though it's difficult to market a film to such a large demographic.

Look at Nolan's Batman films and they (mostly TDK) are exceptional movies, not just great superhero movies. Marvel films are primarily aimed at a younger audience though as they're owned by Disney, so a lot of people find it cool to hate on their popularity or can't take them seriously, especially those of an older demographic.

I think the whole DC rivalry comes into it too though, other than the Nolan films DC hasn't had any real successes in recent years. MOS was OK, it was enjoyable but it had so much wrong with it and sh*t in it (I WILL FIND HIM!). Just as it looks up for DC fans, getting decent TV shows like Arrow and Flash just for Marvel to sh*t all over them with stuff like Daredevil. Even the new Suicide Squad film is looking utterly toilet and I'm keeping my expectations in check as far as Dawn of Justice goes.

Personally I think it's how relatable they can make the characters to a larger audience, Marvel are doing a much better job at making their characters likeable and interesting...imo largely because the DCU characters are generally a lot more powerful, making them less relatable.

So basically it's because the most popular things will always have the loudest haters and their movies aren't for everyone. All the reasons people love them so much are the reasons others hate them so.

inFINN1te

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: Nothing really wrong with it. But before seeing these forums everyone hated it. I thought it was mediocre.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

How can you people act like the victim when you've been on the top sense 2012

Yeah seriously. I mean, I like most of the MCU, but even terrible movies like Iron Man 2/3 and TDW got pretty solid reviews.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neghead said:

@noone301994: Well, these threads beat the cream pie and facial ones. Personally, I prefer carrot cake and straight razor shaves.

No Caption Provided

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Success always gets hated on.

TV series criticism is understandable because it's a series.. either it continues to get better, worse, or fluctuates.. criticism is inevitable and necessary.

MCU and DCU movies get an unnecessary, stupid amount of criticism.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we trying to set a record for how many of these threads we can have at once? Because you made this thread when why all the marvel hate thread was still on the front page.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

Are we trying to set a record for how many of these threads we can have at once? Because you made this thread when why all the marvel hate thread was still on the front page.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They jelly.

People love to hate what's popular.

Beata

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate it, I just think it's overrated. When it get criticism people are just sensitive about it.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RDClip

I don't hate the MCU, I hate the whiney fans that make threads about how sad it is to be a MCU fan because, "people say mean things about it, WHAAAA, WHAAA."

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Another one of these?

It's just severely overrated, and when some legitimate criticism is shed on the franchise the insecure fanboys go all crazy defending their precious movies. Then they overreact and create threads like these.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People used to think it was impossible to make a good superhero movie.

Now we get incredible action packed ensemble movies, and people complain. Hilarious.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Redatom1234

Want to know why the MCU hate?

Because their movies are praised too much, the only good ones IMO were cap 2 and guardians of the galaxy, everything else is fun but is also decent or following an odd trail, DC has put out one movie and people are acting like they're all gonna be the same way(besides man of steel wasn't that bad, I kinda liked it, and for those who said DC is putting out bats and supes too much, look at TV, legends of tomorrow is gonna rock, who said you had to have a movie to for all your characters

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gjgp27
Bastion76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinn1te: the issue a lot of people including myself have with the MCU is it is too bland and samey

Call it superhero fatigue if you want but it gets tiring watching a story about a funny man superhero stopping some bland power hungry or jealous or vengeful bad guy use a MacGuffin to summon a sky beam and kill everyone

The humor is a huge issue because at times they just don't take anything seriously. Yes comics do often have quippy writing but they also have serious and dramatic moments. Even then what works in a comic book may not work so well for a movie. I just can't feel danger in a fight when they're casually talking and joking around like it's nothing

Another big issue is how every movie has some idiotic reference to other films like MacGuffins or one dimensional side characters you don't care about. The fact it's all run by one guy who over looks everything is part of the issue. I know people praise Feige for making such an intricate universe with little plot holes or inconsistencies but with that the movies lose a bit of personality and style. In the comics if I showed you a squirrel girl and Punisher comic would you think they exist in the same universe? There is no reason stories about a millionaire learning the error of his way and about a Nordic god's redemption should feel similar

I don't hate the MCU it's more dissapointment at their aggressive mediocrity and laziness. They're technically sound movies and is probably the best cast series with nobody ever feeling out of place or miscast and the stories and characters are never offensively bad at worst bland but serviceable. They're perfectly fine time wasters imo. Mindless shallow popcorn action flicks. Obviously not all films are like this Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Civil War etc but a lot of them are because it feels like Feige is more interested in promoting the next big thing instead of making a good movie. Even the avengers movies have become commercials like in AoU constantly teases at later characters and movies. I honestly won't be surprised if IW has references to Spider Verse or Captain Marvel or even Avengers 4

Part of why I personally liked MoS over a lot of other MCU movies is it took risks with their characters, tone and story. Even if it had a bit of cliches like sky beam I still felt like a lot more was unique. Hell the fact they subverted expectations of the MacGuffin being Superman himself was incredible. And nobody saw Superman snapping Zod's neck which people still talk about today. Nobody talks about the ending to Ant Man because it was extremely predictable and safe. If they actually killed off Scott I'd think more poeple would talk about it but that isn't the case

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MAZAHS117

I feel like I'm see this same thread around, just worded differently ?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#48  Edited By The Impersonator

Here we go again. Another one of those ongoing battles...