WHY THE F$%# DOESN'T FAN-FIC AND ARTIST SHOW OFF COLAB?!?

• 84 results
Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Ace Thunder

This has to be the greatest collection of talented artists and writers on a site about comicbooks. Except that's the thing. This site called comicvine isn't it right?

You sure it's not Fanboy Vine?

Or Pin Up Art Vine?

Battle Vine?

Novel Based On A Comic Vine?

General Discussion about......ok ok you catch my drift.

My gripe... No wait my bewilderment is born out the fact that for a site about comics there's almost everything on here except actual comics.

Not in the sense of reviews , news or even piracy. I'm referring to the aspect that with so many users on here with the opportunity to network the Fan-Fic and the Artist Show Off forums seem worlds apart.

Regardless of being on the same site.

Regardless of being the two halves of essentially what makes a comic:

Peanut Butter = Fan -Fic

Grape* Jelly = Artist Show (I use grape....)

Milk and more doob = Having it produced in to a fan made movie or CBR

Ok here's where I somewhat am frustrated on here. It's one thing that on the Battle forums there seems to be a sense of hero worship. Where a user can rack up 5000 posts of "*insert random hero* stomps". But not only is most of the artwork pin ups. None of the artists to my knowledge are doing artwork for fan fiction. Can you artists do more covers or real panels instead of pin ups please?

I mean it feels like a damn Wizard magazine. Just advertising with no real feel of actual comics.

Put It this way:

No Caption Provided

Here's a pin up. Looks cool as hell.

Supes got that Prime mean mug grlll on. Lol

But now take at look at this:

No Caption Provided

Here's a cover. Something I wanna see so bad on here more often by artists. I swear I'm going to start a contest for classic cover art. No where near the quality art wise compared to my homeboy @kdart but man ask Jerry Seinfeld the story behind this pic. In fact the title of the book is what I'm trying to get at:

Action.

Meanwhile pinup (sigh) are just that.

Pics that fanboys can use to masturbate and hero worship.

Is it me or is the only time you even hear people in the battle forums mention writers is when they refer to a particular writer's interpretation of a character to defend and lobby for a "stomps"?

Otherwise they have no use for the stories that establish the character of the characters. Stories that define them as heroes or.... Homelanders. (Yeesh Wtf.)

Anyhow this is why i think people on here need to collaborate in regards to creating fan fiction with art.

Let's turn to the first page of this or any other comic book:

No Caption Provided

Imagine all the money Shuster and Siegel would have made if they had better copyright laws then. Siegel probably made more money from drawing kinky S&M art then off Supes back then before 1978. Not saying it's about money but man the talent is so damn incredible on this site that benefiting financially off of it is a realistic option for a bunch of Comicvine users.

What I don't understand is guys like @batkevin74 who writes crap so good I told him he's basically written movie scripts on here. Why nobody has stepped up to offer his stories art amazes me to a point where it has an Uncle Ben that taught it responsibility. In fact instead of stories with a comic feel he's going to get a advance from Harper & Row because he for the most part pens novels. I even joked about him being an English professor cause he actually critiques other threads with spell checks and so forth.

Perfect example of something you artists should be cattle prodded for not illustrating was his Batman Vs Darth Vader post.

How the hell did nobody hook him up?

I mean look what happens when i Google Image it:

No Caption Provided

Batman using a light saber..... Ha! Green Lantern power ring is one thing....

As a matter of fact Darth Vader Vs Batman is such great concept, inspires such visualization a local network actually used it in a commercial just to plug the broadcast of both movies.

Blah Blah......

I have some stories I could use illustration with but man you have guys on here who busted there ass making fan fiction and reeeeeeaaaaally deserve it. If they can't get that love then who the hell am I with my 108 posts to even ask?

By the way that Kdart really is incredible. in fact on his post of a lady named Galadriel I ask him his price for commissions.

And I don't know who the hell she is.

I thought she was Princess Zelda with those ears..... Lol

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Pretty good idea for a wake-up call.

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow @innervenom123 thanks.

That's just what i hoped it would be posting it at 11am EST.

Hope the West Coast appreciates it as well.

By the way I'm from New Jersey where you at buddy?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No one here really has the time or attention span to actually make a comic.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jorgevy

you do got a point. it would be good to improve the skills of both writers and artists.

making an actual comic? a bit of a stretch but, qui sapit?

hopefully some artists will see this and start working together here on the site. talent meets talent, it has to be good

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm open to a collaboration

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam

I didn't say it had to actual comics.

Fan fiction made for art and art made for fan fiction.

Like I just spent all night typing to explain with pictures to drive my point home:

Both are already doing that..... on this site.

Why not do it for each other.

I'll say it again:

Comicvine at least IMO has gotten away from the very concept that when it comes to creating comic book material.......

Artist and writers work together.

The fact that to my knowledge (only 109 posts) this just doesn't happen on here has me scratching my Captain America wings.

Essentially because I'm blown away by the astounding talent this site provides at just a damn click.

It's like an untapped gas line in here.

Man, I wanna see @majinhulk1 draw Hulk and Wolverine getting Red Lantern Corps rings and fighting and Joker with the Carnage symbiote (JoCarnage) and Bane using an Infinity power gem ring (already strong but also intelligent enough in concentrating to harness the energy) @impurestcheese to write it.

All jokes aside all i ask is one or two pics for a great fan fiction thread.

Hell let the fan-fic be the basis of a contest in the Artist Show forum.

A fan-fic contest where the basis is some art.

Either way it inspires creativity and collaboration.

Now whose gonna flame that?

majinhulk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace_thunder:

somebody write me a script. I think the only things holding a lot of us back are time, quality materials, and motivation. I don't have a lot of extra time, but give me a great script that im INTO and ill damn sure make time. my problem is that I have limits. coloring being the biggest. motivation being next. I already have a few panels of a red lantern hulk. it was a practice piece a few years ago.

No Caption Provided

I think youre right that there should be a lot more collaboration on here. good material and talent shouldn't go to waste. the challenge is getting people to just go through with it. if anyone has a good script idea and you like my stuff, shoot it my way.

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I like this guy.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123

Wow! What's the global warming like down there?

Are the clouds melting yet?

The concrete turning to vapor?

@colonelrunaway

Dude thanks for the love and the follow.

Hey I can use some feedback on my stories.

You might like them if you dig my fact filled rants.

Please check them out when get a chance bruh.

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the issue is you have two groups of people that take quite a while to complete anything they're working so it's hard to really set up a good collab online.

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ace Thunder

@mysterioususername Dude I'm not exactly having an issue.

Is that even though they're on the same damn site you can't get a single picture on the fan fic forum. And perhaps a single paragraph reciprocated.

Please I'm not even expecting full on mandatory Stan Lee, John Romita level projects.

All I want to see is one of those great stories illustrated by at least one or two pieces of art.

At least.

"I didn't say it had to actual comics.

Fan fiction made for art and art made for fan fiction.

Like I just spent all night typing to explain with pictures to drive my point home:

Both are already doing that..... on this site.

Why not just do it for each other.

Essentially because I'm blown away by the astounding talent this site provides at just a damn click.

It's like an untapped gas line in here.

All jokes aside all i ask is one or two pics for a great fan fiction thread.

-Hell let the fan-fic be the basis of a contest in the Artist Show forum.

-A fan-fic contest where the basis is some art.

Either way it inspires creativity and collaboration."

Just based on the fact it's not a bad idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majinhulk1: I'm currently writing a book, maybe if it's finished in a few months we can make a comic together?

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace_thunder: I was more of saying why it doesn't happen that often.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace_thunder:

I lol'd so hard at

Where a user can rack up 5000 posts of "*insert random hero* stomps".

He's totally talking about dondave
Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ace Thunder
Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace_thunder: nah, ancientofdays has less than 2,000 posts on the battle forums

but I've only seen dondave do one CAV or tournament battle and he just blatantly copied off of respect threads

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@ace_thunder: I'm confused, of all the writers on this site why would you chose me? I'm flattered obviously and if I have some more details I'll add it to my list of 'things to do'.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's implementation- copyrights and ownership too, but really the 'how' gets in the way.

I for one would love to submit some of my art and writing but - and maybe it's just my fault for not looking around enough- I don't know where to put it and if I do put it up here, how is it safeguarded from being stolen and winding up on a DC or Marvel blotter at their corporate offices? (yeah, i'm that good) It would be a boost to my ego for sure, but then in a legal fight I'd be way outclassed trying to get rights to my own stuff that it's hardly worth it, you know.

Why am I not working in the industry? Good question- it has to do with many factors, not least of which is my transgender status (coupled with the self doubt that can cripple me at times- even though I know I'm good, I still suffer from uncertainty). Could this site be a springboard? I don't know- could it? Has it been for anyone else to break into the industry?

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ace Thunder

@impurestcheese said:

@ace_thunder: I'm confused

Cut the modest crap Cheese lol. Real talk your really talented bruh.

Hell you know what confused me? That Thunderbolts thread you did where @batkevin74 gave his critique and not only didn't mind the cursing (a guy who spell checks others) but he even put the in his quote.

I mean you here this guy. He expects you to be a good physicist and a good writer.

Lol Kev. At least you get feedback. Takes one looks at my thread and all he does is comment on pics I only downloaded to illustrate the story. So Jealous.

Any how you made something that good he let the f bombs slide.

Amazing.

You know the only time I ever seen a licensed comic project have real use of obscenities was Batman Dead White audiobook.

It comes with a disclaimer.

Loading Video...

Just saying even with cursing you could get your work published because of the quality of work buddy.

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ace Thunder

@scorpion2501 said:

@majinhulk1: I'm currently writing a book, maybe if it's finished in a few months we can make a comic together?

Yeah!!!!

Progress

Networking

What's it about Scorp?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By ImpurestCheese
majinhulk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501:

when you get it finished let me know. ill check it out.

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have a few panels of a red lantern hulk. it was a practice piece a few years ago.

No Caption Provided

...... if anyone has a good script idea and you like my stuff, shoot it my way.

Great minds think alike huh Maji?

majinhulk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By majinhulk1

I guess so lol.

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey can any of you guys take a look at my Superman Murders The Avengers story?

@majinhulk1 could I put it in Art Show Off forums as something I'd like art for?

I was hoping just for one piece of art out of anybody who has a favorite scene. Or one that simply inspired their talent.

Hey Maji we might not think alike on this one. Well here's an excerpt, maybe enough to generate some of the controversy it has in the thread:

"And due to his preparations, the Hulk would be the easiest yet symbolically brutal killing. Historical data establishes the mighty, indestructible, Incredible Hulk was a skinny weakling of a gamma scientist who was just a victim of his own shi**y failed science (whose movies also suck asshole). As the other Avengers fled...or regrouped out of reasonable fear they watched Prime turn the sky and Thor's hair black. Hulk in usual fashion leaped to the sky seeking vengeance for his Dexter's Laboratory roommate. Prime not only zapped him with a bean returning him to Dr. Banner form, knowing full well of the outcome he came ready with a bucket of green paint! Having tested it on an older, future Hulk on his way back through time Prime was out to prove himself the real Superman by overcompensating for the 1996 near loss during the "Marvel Vs DC" series. Prime bashed the green colored skull of Dr. Banner in full view of the remaining Avengers, downtown Manhattan with news feeds broadcasting the public unsanctioned execution of the Hulk to the entire world."

Yeah you might not like that Maj.

Well what do you think? Draw or no draw Buddy?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace_thunder: People are going to steal my idea, so I'm not going into detail... It's a fantasy book like LOTR or GoT.

TheAuroraChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace_thunder: You know, I really like this idea. I want to work with a writer or two on CV after I finish my short story. We should have an official thread to hook writers and artists together for collabs.

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ace Thunder

Lol

@scorpion2501 said:

It's a fantasy book like LOTR or GoT.

What's GoT Buddy? Is that a sequel to GeT?

@theaurorachild said:

@ace_thunder: You know, I really like this idea. I want to work with a writer or two on CV after I finish my short story. We should have an official thread to hook writers and artists together for collabs.

Thanks Aurora. So are you doing art or fiction?

It sounds like your doing art, if you have any samples by all means please post.

Here's a sample I found by @mikemaluk from over a year ago titled The Day Superman Goes Mad that I plan writing some fiction for in the near future.

Something thing about synthetic kryptonite from Superman III making him murder Lois Lane, Perry White the entire Daily Planet newsroom and even Gus Gorman.

No Caption Provided

Or some type of Quantum Leap/ Terminator matter transporter switching the Earth 1 and the Dark Side version.

No Caption Provided

Well here it is and like I said it's been up for over a year. Part of @mikemaluk's art portfolio so hell it's about time somebody wrote something to this cause I bet Old Boy's working for DC as we speak:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

See in this last shot he kinda looks like a bat shit Chris Reeve.

All the same with my writer's pen, I'd sooo hit that.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@mynamewasdeleted: Wait... you draw? And you're good? *sidles up besides* Where have you been all my life?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mynamewasdeleted: Wait... you draw? And you're good? *sidles up besides* Where have you been all my life?

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ace Thunder

@joygirl said:

@joygirl said:

I'm confused. What does this mean?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace_thunder: We're already friends. I write, I didn't know she did art. Double post free of cost.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

and I paint too -murals and canvas (i like acrylic, it's very forgiving and durable)

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ace Thunder

Ok @joygirl cool. Well what do you write, love?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace_thunder: You haven't heard of me? I'm hurt. I created DC Mayhem and sell short stories professionally in addition to my fan-fic... I write Secret Six, Justice Society of America, Terra/Misfit: World's Finest, Riddle Me This, and I also wrote the award winning Gotham Hearts.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace_thunder: You haven't heard of me? I'm hurt. I created DC Mayhem and sell short stories professionally in addition to my fan-fic... I write Secret Six, Justice Society of America, Terra/Misfit: World's Finest, Riddle Me This, and I also wrote the award winning Gotham Hearts.

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow that's great. Well I'm actually new on here as far as posting and reading the forums but I did see the Marvel Mayhem is that spun off of your work?

And wow you sell fiction? How did you get into that?

I'm working on a bunch of stories right now if you could check out what I got so far it's called Panelmania.

I also did one called Superman Murders The Avengers.

I'm new at posting stories so I could use some honest feedback.

Award winning Gotham Hearts huh? That's cool. I'll scope it out.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace_thunder: Marvel Mayhem is a spinoff, yes. I actually also write Astonishing X-Force for that but it is slow-moving. And keep it up. ^_^

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace_thunder: Marvel Mayhem is a spinoff, yes. I actually also write Astonishing X-Force for that but it is slow-moving. And keep it up. ^_^

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ace Thunder

*Bump*

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You think we haven't tried?

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespideyguy:

Thanks for the follow Petey.

Um try what?

So do you draw or write Bruh?

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespideyguy:

Got anything up so far I could read Buddy?

I have Earth Awesome, S inc. Comics Malcolm Stone, and the first issue of Superman vs Batman.

Ace Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that I see the RPG section is more active than maybe both the Fan Fic and Artist Show Off section combined man I'd love to see some more art work in RPG forum.

I mean wow, so many original characters and we don't even know what they look like.