why Starman cannot exist new52

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lifeboy

Would love to see a Starman comic (Ted Knight), but with Stargirl already around is it even possible? Pre new 52, Jack took the role of Starman from his father who inturn gave the Gravity Rod to Stargirl whrn he retired.

So what good would it be to introduce Starman (one of my favorite characters) when the gravity rod already exists, with Stargirl...

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Starman was part of the original JSA right? If so, he could be easily introduced in Earth-2.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way to have a Starman comic would be to have kept Stargirl out of the JLA. It would have been sad for stargirl fans but that would have been what I would have done.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Yeah the Starman mythology is really screwy in a post new 52 world. I say make it to where Courtney got the rod from someone else. And start a new Starman on Earth 2 with the rest of the JSA characters. That was James Robinson's plan before he left the title. Still weird that Mikkal Tomas and Shade appear to exist on Earth Prime and not Earth 2.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jldoom: yeah he was so its possible. The whole footing for Starman is do blury right now. I don't even know if he is relevant anymore since sci fi has grown since the 40s. Just about every hero has tech to allow then to fly nowdays.

I guess I just liked the romantic writing aspect of it.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

they could still do a comic with him from before he gave the rod to Stargirl...hehe

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Robinson had plans for Starman to be set up in Earth 2. Stargirl didn't get her rod from Jack and received her powers from her male parental figure.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I would sure as heck still buy it. Jonah hex does just fine in his western series.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: @longbowhunter: yeah, but I alwayz saw Starman as a loner and not really much for teams. If he joined jsa earth2 I don't think I would enjoy him as much.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@lifeboy said:

@dernman: @longbowhunter: yeah, but I alwayz saw Starman as a loner and not really much for teams. If he joined jsa earth2 I don't think I would enjoy him as much.

Well Earth 2 really isn't a team. So far it's just some heroes who are associated with each other. Plus there is that spinoff that's coming. Maybe that will feature more solo adventures.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: that would be awesome! I'd like seeing more solo's on earth2