Why People Stop Debating

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BEYONDERGOD
  1. Insults: This is the most reasonable reason because insults specially online is hurtful toward people not saying everyone.
  2. Trolling: Another most reasonable reason since people love to get off-topic on purpose or cause arguments this is a very active thing for people until they are banned or wanna rejoin they cant because they messed up themselves.
  3. Bullying/Harassment: When people kids or adults gang up on someone for a little mistake like me saying "Superboy prime beats superman prime" But people online don't seem to ask if they are new or if they need information mostly they call them morons and idiots without getting to know that person and bullies them 24/7 or when they are active.
  4. Fanboying+Wanking: People who goes though a huge and long period of saying there favorite solos without factual information mostly hyperbole as this is what fanboys does "Kami Tenchi is a omnipotent being because he is infinite in his verse." OR "Kami tenchi vs all dc and marvel verses no presence or TOAA" < Basic wanking which no one wants to see online.
  5. False Scans: People can easily make fake scans from any manga or comic its not hard to do but this is a really good reason as its used daily online by trollers and fan boys.
  6. Power scaling: Powerscaling in a debate is soooooooo useless because anyone can say anything for a given character like "Superman is omniversal by power scaling." < Power scaling doesn't help in any debate....
  7. Hyperbole: When basically said powers that hasn't been stated or shown is annoying specially for manga debaters as no one knows it other then the creator like for example "Kami Tenchi being omnipotent." yes he is the authors avatar but doesnt mean anything if he didn't say or state him being actually omnipotent then its hyperbole and its tiring to see this.

Basically this is for those who love debating and see it everyday which i hope will change because by the time of our young or old age new characters from all over will be either the same or changed and its not right to prepare new people in a wrong direction so i hope everyone just changes in the future.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comments?

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DBVSE7

Numbers 4 and 6 annoy me soooo damn much.. especially in debates that involve Anime, the King of Wanking and Power scaling.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just get tired of people shit.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

Numbers 4 and 6 annoy me soooo damn much.. especially in debates that involve Anime, the King of Wanking and Power scaling.

I feel ya bro......

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By comicace3

Some say the result of wanking is harrasment.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just, people don't like to attempt their favorite character might lose. Some one posts a scan of the opposing character out showing their character, "Well that's not all that impressive."

I am even guilty of it.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

It's just, people don't like to attempt their favorite character might lose. Some one posts a scan of the opposing character out showing their character, "Well that's not all that impressive."

I am even guilty of it.

Haha i post scans mostly for factual evidence.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beyondergod: Right, but people are just hard headed in the end.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy debating... but my gosh... I hate my opinion being disrespected or insulted. TASM2 is my all time favourite - so you can imagine all the crap I get from all sorts of people - but besides insults... I'm fine with debating.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

@beyondergod: Right, but people are just hard headed in the end.

Yeah i respect people but when they dont respect back i just have to stop them there.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the time I let others do it on this forum, since they've beaten me to it. :P Mostly I'd just be repeating them.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Aside from insults, I don`t have a problem with debating.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love debating. If both people remain civil, it's alot of fun.

Beata

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is just referring just to battle forum debating or general debating?

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I object to 6.

Power scaling is used all the time in almost any type of fiction.Overpowering somebody in a certain stat.What's wrong is any type of reasoning that is used to assume a giant difference between what they're scaling from and the end stats for the character.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Skit

1-3 is hardley exclusive to debating, but I do agree that it really shouldn't happen in debates. I should point out that 3 is questionable as being bullying. If a person with a post count of 10 or so makes an in accurate claim, most are polite about correcting them or most just ignore it. Even then though, the person making a wildly innacurate comment does deserve some degree of back lash for it. That person is choosing to go into public setting and making a claim despite being ignorant about the character/series. Its easy in this day and age to research a character and become knowledgeable on them with out reading a single comic they appear in.

4-6 agreed

7: What you described isn't hyperbole. Odin saying he's omnipotent or a character lifting something and saying it feels like it weighs a ton or some exaggerated amount is.