Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beerminator1
No Caption Provided

Something I've been wondering for a while now... Why? Superboy Prime is one of my favorite villains, and definitely one of the most unique ones. I understand that people have different opinions on things, but so many people seem to hate him. I've heard some people say that he's way too powerful, but that's one of the main reason why I like him so much, makes him a serious threat to the Justice League. He's got a great origin story too!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2 JediXMan  Moderator
No Caption Provided

This sums it up.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the reasons is that people like to get on board with whatever LInkara says. But of course there is a good amount of people that don't like him for legitimate reasons.

For example, I don't mind the concept, but he would be better if he was more cool (demeanor wise). By that I mean that he acts a little juvenile. And I obviously can concede that some people like that character trait. I was just saying that it's one of the reason that he doesn't really stick with me.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because a less then mediocre internet critic hates him and the people that never read superboy prime and only seen linkaras videos will comment when he's brought up...or maybe he really is that unlikable.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

I have no idea who Linkaras is, but I don't really mind Superboy Prime.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is Linkara??

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@binski said:

Because a less then mediocre internet critic hates him and the people that never read superboy prime and only seen linkaras videos will comment when he's brought up...or maybe he really is that unlikable.

100% yes.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at blaming Linkara as if everyone on this site watches his vids or has even seen the ones with SBP in them. SBP is a fanboy come to life in comics who doesn't deserve to wear the S-Shield on him. He's a desteuctive, idiot with too much power. Sure, people overreact, it isn't like he is the worsr character around, hell, I don't even think he should be taken seriously because he's so hilariously badly executed.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg said:

One of the reasons is that people like to get on board with whatever LInkara says.

What videos does Linkara talk about SBP in?

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at blaming Linkara as if everyone on this site watches his vids or has even seen the ones with SBP in them. SBP is a fanboy come to life in comics who doesn't deserve to wear the S-Shield on him. He's a desteuctive, idiot with too much power. Sure, people overreact, it isn't like he is the worsr character around, hell, I don't even think he should be taken seriously because he's so hilariously badly executed.

This. He's basically the concept of a fanboy taken to the extreme. Young, juvenile, insane, prone to ranting, full of self importance, etc. He has too many traits that people naturally dislike for him to be super popular. That being said, I personally like the character quite a bit, though he does get annoying.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is more of a joke than anything, hell in the future he was referred to an annoyance at best. He is a big baby with too much power and intended to be this way but people seem to think that it is just bad writing.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I don't like his constant whining and immaturity.

But I think his whole concept and such is pretty cool (about him being the original Superboy and him considering this new superboy a "fake")

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@jedixman:

It pretty much idiotic to hate character for something that writter decide to do.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Emperorb777

I like SBP especially from the SCW he was written really well there.

Also people don't like him because he's Superman.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I'm a big fan of Superboy Prime. Not sure how you could not like him if you like anything about superman.... He's the other side of the spectrum and plays it well

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's an overpowered kyptonian, with the personality of stupid teenager. Of course anyone older than 10, would dislike him.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: I don't remember, it was about Infinite Crisis, maybe? Not sure, really, but I remember he kept on mocking him for several videos after that.

Of course I never stated that people generally hate him because all follow Linkara like sheep. I was just saying that some people like to jump on the bandwagon, especially if there is a joke to start the thing (look at aquaman ;) ).

It is evident that different people have a lot of different reasons to not like him. I think I would like him if he was a little less a caricature of the young teen with too much power.

Your post seem to be empty, man O.o

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jwwprod
Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because exactly what we needed from DC...

...is another OP character -_-

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my favourite villains

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe because he's the strongest person wearing the S symbol

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like him because you're supposed to hate him. That's the purpose of his existence since Infinite Crisis. Although, he really should have stayed dead after the Sinestro Corps War.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: lol "Super-man-boy-asshole Prime". That's too good.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

To all of you who don't know who Linkara is:

Linkara is an internet reviewer of comic books. He's primarily with ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com, and works with Nostalgia Critic and other people on the site. His primary channel is on Blip.tv, but most of his videos are on YouTube.

And, for the record, I hated SBP long before I started watching Linkara's videos.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@matteopg said:

One of the reasons is that people like to get on board with whatever LInkara says. But of course there is a good amount of people that don't like him for legitimate reasons.

@binski said:

I love how the next few comments following these are people asking who Linkara is.

That's a ridiculous notion. SBP hate has been around long before Linkara. Considering the vast majority of people who hate SBP never saw Linkara proves this theory to be fallacious.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Because some people know when they are being mocked.

Now, I dont like being mocked :) But I don't like it either when the item used to mock me in comics is damn near unstoppable and massacres a bunch of character for no real reason (he has an S on his chest, he doesn't need to kill people to let others know he are powerful).

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes said:

Because exactly what we needed from DC...

...is another OP character -_-

Dc has One Piece characters ???

:P

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@matteopg: yeah. cv has been acting up recently. it's annoying. i type stuff, click post and nothing. the basic idea of the post was linkara isnt the reason people hate SBP.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like him a lot, the idea of a canon, in universe, evil Superman was cool to me. My only issue is that he didn't have character development, he just always whined, but I suppose that was the point of the character. I was upset when he was imprisoned in the source wall.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

He hurt Krypto D:
He hurt Krypto D:

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: well, if you notice I certainly didn't mean any offense by it. If you read my next post I had clarified that it wasn't meant as an insult. Of course you can aknowledge that some people will hate him because of hearsay, but I went on to specify that the majority of course has their own reasons.

But if I wasn't clear before, or you didn't read it, I just want to keep the waters calm apologizing again. We cool?

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turel_hash_ak_gik: oh ok. Yes, I went on in a later post to explain that it wasn't my point. I just meant that some people joined the hate bandwagon after watching the linkara stuff, and you can tell by the examples they bring up.

I apologized again in the post just above this one ^ ^

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hated SBP because of his immaturity and bouts of insanity and that to me is a great storyline since i identify hatred to a character.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By patrat18

I think it's because he's OP.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By russellmania77

Because haters gonna hate

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#37  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@kyrees said:

i hated SBP because of his immaturity and bouts of insanity and that to me is a great storyline since i identify hatred to a character.

@nukea6 said:

I don't like him because you're supposed to hate him. That's the purpose of his existence since Infinite Crisis. Although, he really should have stayed dead after the Sinestro Corps War.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked him but he seems very inconsistent most of the time and i just wish he wouldnt wine so much