#1 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

I know..I know..comics and reality don't mix. But if you took even your average Spider-man villains they wouldn't last long. It seems New York in the comics almost has a honey badger doesn't care attitude about the damage they take from villains on a regular basis.

In the real world ANY crime, let alone one with superpowers receives MASSIVE media attention. Meaning people in England and the world know all about what's happening in NY.

In the real world law enforcement will shoot the villain up so bad the superhero won't be needed. If they can tank bullets, the military shows up. People evacuate the city, villain gets bombed. Over.

#2 Posted by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio

How is that any different from what happens in the comics?

Flash's Rogue Gallery can take over the world if there were no heroes.

Villains aren't stupid, they plan ahead, there's been numerous crimes already committed, takes a guess how many had been solved?

#3 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean:

1. Doc Ock walking around with his metal arms trashing the city? Solved by shooting him in the head.

2. Just about any Spidey villain who can't tank a bullet to the face. Likely their would be a heavy chopper division assigned to NY due to all the roof top battles. Sniping would win the day.

3. Only the most durable villains would last for any length of time but not long unless they can disguise themselves. Walk around in a costume and you may as well put a bullseye on your chest. The only non-tank who could last is Chameleon, because he can shape-shift his appearance. Military would intervene sooner or later and a costumed villain can't hide. Everybody has cell phones which also have cameras.

#4 Posted by TheHulk (702 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo said:

I know..I know..comics and reality don't mix. But if you took even your average Spider-man villains they wouldn't last long. It seems New York in the comics almost has a honey badger doesn't care attitude about the damage they take from villains on a regular basis.

In the real world ANY crime, let alone one with superpowers receives MASSIVE media attention. Meaning people in England and the world know all about what's happening in NY.

In the real world law enforcement will shoot the villain up so bad the superhero won't be needed. If they can tank bullets, the military shows up. People evacuate the city, villain gets bombed. Over.

What about Hulk? Hulk no villain, but Hulk know Hulk could pound the army to pulp.

#5 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk:

Great..I no expect to talk to Hulk. Hulk..you category of your own..you antihero.

#6 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo:Hulk hero stupid...LOL

#7 Edited by BlackReaper (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo said:

@thehulk:

Great..I no expect to talk to Hulk. Hulk..you category of your own..you antihero.

Stop being mean to the Hulk! Apologize. By the way, Electro would kick ass.

#8 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Doom, Lex Luthor, and Megatron could easilly last in our world. Gorilla Grodd need only claim to be trying to free his brethren and that's it, Animal Rights Activists all over the world would join him and he would establish his own country being easilly able to win battles, wars, etc.
And finally World peace would be assured because no one would have the freedom to fight each other.

#9 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure...we can take out Doomsday, Loki, Galactus...

Come at us, bros.

#10 Posted by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo:

Villains don't usually walk around in their costumes, the cops in Kick-Ass said that once they took off their costumes, they're practically almost off the radar.

1. As far as I know, Otto isn't one big giant stupid man that takes down buildings just to cause havoc. He is shown to be one of those smarter villains that go for the big money (Like let's say diamonds, cash, the regular) and let his hired goons to do the confronting, only attacking when he needs to.

2. Seeing how most of Spider-Man's enemies are street levelers, I'm gonna list a few that can take on this earth. (I can use teams right?)

01.The Rogues (New 52) -

Captain Cold could hostage people by freezing them to stop their heart beats (IDK I only knew of this in Adventure Time, so it's probably might not work), seeing how their isn't a walking scientist on the first few police waves that will show up, they'd probably hang around and see what happens next. Also doubles as back up for their big gun.

Weather Wizard is their big gun, mostly for controlling the situation if it get's too messy, too many cops? BAM! Flash flood, Aerial strike? Hurricanes.

Heatwave is their back-up for Weather Wizard, I'll assume they'll put Wizard somewhere where there's space for him to create weather, so Heatwave (along with Cold) will be their ground team.

Golden Glider............ I have no idea what the hell her power is except that she seems to be intangible and glides in the air, making her the aerial scout to see if there are snipers aiming for the team

The Trickster (Yeah, he' kicked out now, but I added him for the sheer fun of it) He'll basically be the team's mascot.............. that's all I've think about............ well he is rather pretty techy now so he might have a signal jammer to slow down back up calls from the police. He's basically cannon fodder

Mirror Master I think that it's pretty obvious that he's the escape plan, Uh oh! Things getting messy? Dimensional Travel (Pre-52 Mirror Master can do this alone too since he's not stuck in the Mirror Dimension there)

02. Deathstroke, the man's got a healing factor so that's pretty much that, I doubt there'll be a trained Martial Artist in the crowd to subdue him, but even if there is, he'll probably overpower him.

But I doubt he'll be pulling Bank Robberies, he'll probably enlist as some Body Guard for "Insert Politically Powerful and Rich Bad Guy" then turn on him then take him off all his riches

#11 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelantern1995:

Megatron would get owned like he does in the films. By the military alone. Lex would get owned by the military as well and be put in supermax prison. Doom would get owned by the military unless he can tank missiles. If that don't work then he get's nuked via drone strikes. If he's nuke proof he will last, otherwise no.

#12 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean:
The team would get defeated sooner or later. Police would set up a trap for them, some place for them to rob and get ambushed, or worse, blown up.

They are not above that. Remember Bonnie and Clyde? The police killed them in an ambush, they never intended to take them to jail.

#13 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on the villain. The Vulture, Red Skull and The Reavers would not last long but Apocalypse, Dr. Doom, Loki or The Enchantress could pretty much pwn anything we threw at them.

Most heroes wouldn't last that long in the real world, though.

#14 Posted by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo said:

@bluelantern1995:

Megatron would get owned like he does in the films. By the military alone. Lex would get owned by the military as well and be put in supermax prison. Doom would get owned by the military unless he can tank missiles. If that don't work then he get's nuked via drone strikes. If he's nuke proof he will last, otherwise no.

Yes, because that's how the military solves everything, by going KABOOM M******** on terrorist, obviously Lex and Doom will be hiding. Lex in plain sight (No you can't unleash missile hell on a place where there's civilians), and Doom........ probably an obscure foreign country which he'll call as Latveria, somewhere they can't find him easily.

Lex would probably have lots of connections due to him being super rich, smart, and evil (corrupt and idle minds can easily be bribed and bended, even if the system is said to be fail safe, Lex would find a way, like taking someone powerful's loved ones hostage through hired goons, or straight up bribery itself)

Doom would probably do his acts in secret, sending Doombots instead of him to do the work.

I dunno who the hell is Megatron, and I ain't researching just to justify that answer

#15 Edited by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo said:

@trebean:

The team would get defeated sooner or later. Police would set up a trap for them, some place for them to rob and get ambushed, or worse, blown up.

They are not above that. Remember Bonnie and Clyde? The police killed them in an ambush, they never intended to take them to jail.

Missed this reply.

Bonnie and Clyde didn't have super powers. I already said that Mirror Master can just whiz them into the Mirror Dimension if things get messy, they'll obviously be aiming for banks and museums. Ever notice how their floors are shiny? Basically anything with a reflection on it Mirror Master can be. Villains aren't stupid they'd scout out the place before going there (Hence Mirror Master with his "Being anywhere with a reflection on it" and Glider's Intangibility and Ghost-likeness will obviously be there to scout it) Sure they'll be expecting cops to show up.

And I already told you that once the villains removed their costumes, they're practically off the radar.

#16 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16887 posts) - - Show Bio

Well to add to what has been said.Most of Batmans villains really don't go around smashing things up to get the medias attention.

#17 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean:

@trebean said:

@lorbo said:

@trebean:

Missed this reply.

Bonnie and Clyde didn't have super powers. I already said that Mirror Master can just whiz them into the Mirror Dimension if things get messy, they'll obviously be aiming for banks and museums. Ever notice how their floors are shiny? Basically anything with a reflection on it Mirror Master can be. Villains aren't stupid they'd scout out the place before going there (Hence Mirror Master with his "Being anywhere with a reflection on it" and Glider's Intangibility and Ghost-likeness will obviously be there to scout it) Sure they'll be expecting cops to show up.

And I already told you that once the villains removed their costumes, they're practically off the radar.

One rather big problem with your plan. It's two words: Thermal imaging. Not to mention other technology available. We have stuff that can see through clothing and masks no problem. So the government would know what they look like by tagging areas they hit with tech capable of seeing under clothing.

#18 Posted by XxGin (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee pwns them all wtf. He like just takes out a pair of nunchucks and everybody dies.

#19 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4693 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo: megatron would not get owned by the military. he'll nearly be impossible to find in vehicle form and if there is any real trouble he can fly away.

I dont know why you are assuming the military will be willing to nuke or use excessive force to take down a villain They arent supposed to shoot on site unless shot at. even then the main objective is to capture alive. They also wouldnt fire at a civilian population just to take down 1 villain. They wouldnt use a missle to take down doc ock and kill 50 in the process, thats just ridiculous.

Doom would last cause he is the monarch of an advanced country. He has a private army of personal advanced robots and is as smart as reed richards, imagine all the crazy weapons he builds.

Its probably more ridiculous that every villain attacks nyc knowing all the superheroes are there instead of attacking some random city in the midwest where they would get away with it

#20 Edited by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo said:

@trebean:

@trebean said:

@lorbo said:

@trebean:

Missed this reply.

One rather big problem with your plan. It's two words: Thermal imaging. Not to mention other technology available. We have stuff that can see through clothing and masks no problem. So the government would know what they look like by tagging areas they hit with tech capable of seeing under clothing.

Thermal Imaging Cams are mostly used by Firefighters, seeing how two of the Rogue's members controls the temperature of their surroundings (Cold and Heatwave), they can just burn or freeze their surroundings to render these useless, also the fact that I doubt that the police will get near enough to use them. As for these technology that could see through clothes, I have no idea such tech exist, and would like some examples.

#21 Edited by deaditegonzo (3424 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex would be POTUS.

Other than the lowest level street villains, like Batman's rogues gallery or Spidey's (not including certain heavy hitters), most super villains could overcome a nuke, and overwhelm the entire planet's combined military might. Darkseid doesnt give a s*** about no bullets.

#22 Posted by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxgin said:

Bruce Lee pwns them all wtf. He like just takes out a pair of nunchucks and everybody dies.

Yeah, I'm assuming a lot of people would freak out when a dead man comes back to life again.

#23 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10064 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean said:

@lorbo said:

@bluelantern1995:

Yes, because that's how the military solves everything, by going KABOOM M******** on terrorist, obviously Lex and Doom will be hiding. Lex in plain sight (No you can't unleash missile hell on a place where there's civilians), and Doom........ probably an obscure foreign country which he'll call as Latveria, somewhere they can't find him easily.

Lex would probably have lots of connections due to him being super rich, smart, and evil (corrupt and idle minds can easily be bribed and bended, even if the system is said to be fail safe, Lex would find a way, like taking someone powerful's loved ones hostage through hired goons, or straight up bribery itself)

Doom would probably do his acts in secret, sending Doombots instead of him to do the work.

I dunno who the hell is Megatron, and I ain't researching just to justify that answer

You don't know who Megatron is?! DO YOU LIVE UNDER A ROCK!?

#24 Edited by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean:

Simple..look up airport body scanners. The villains would not expect the technology in a place that was rigged and hidden. Any money or stuff they steal could be tagged with sensors anyway. Which means drone or tactical nuke strikes. For a threat as big as the villains you have, they would do it. Worse yet they could simply put a biological virus on the stuff they think you might steal and kill the villains that way.

My point is..there is no way to avoid getting killed by determined blood lusted humans who have prep, technology, and can find you via technology. Look up airport body scanner on youtube.

Not unless your invulnerable to all the stuff they throw at you.

#25 Edited by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee:

I just don't like explosion and big giant robots, I liked the Transformers cartoon, but other than the fact that they turn to other objects, that's the most of what I know.

@lorbo said:

@trebean:

Simple..look up airport body scanners. The villains would not expect the technology in a place that was rigged and hidden. Any money or stuff they steal could be tagged with sensors anyway. Which means drone or tactical nuke strikes. For a threat as big as the villains you have, they would do it. Worse yet they could simply put a biological virus on the stuff they think you might steal and kill the villains that way.

My point is..there is no way to avoid getting killed by determined blood lusted humans who have prep, technology, and can find you via technology. Look up airport body scanner on youtube.

Not unless your invulnerable to all the stuff they throw at you.

I doubt the military would resort to nuking and drone strikes seeing how there are civilians will be affected. What do you think the people would day if the government decided to nuke the location of the Rogue's hideout? I doubt it will be contained to one short blast, obviously anyone near would be affected, people would revolt in anger, and no they can't evacuate these people near them, it doesn't take 2 brains to see something fishy going on with your neighbors being evacuated and you guys aren't. How will they even track them? How will they even get near enough to put a tracking device on them? Let alone follow them. As I said, they'll escape through the Mirror Dimension making them much harder to track.

What technology are you even blabbing about?

And that biological virus? I doubt most museums would allow that, what if that certain "infected" piece is caught by a billionaire's eye and he decides to buy it? Museums aren't that daft, most of their pieces are either bought or donated to them, which in turn they auction of to billionaires as time goes by to support their needs. What's to stop this virus from going rogue and infect any nearby spectator? And how will they know which stuff they'll steal? The government aren't dumb, they'll know what the reaction of the people will be if they just decide to infect every piece they'll "think" that are gonna be stolen. (And obviously you can't put such a virus on money, that's pretty self explanatory) Some archivist would appear and say that they are ruining a valuable work of art, of they do it by force, the people will revolt just the same.

Is there a portable version of that body scanner anyway? Will they even be near enough to use it? And I looked at some pictures, other than showing a body render and some metal objects, I doubt it'll be much useful.

#26 Edited by JediXMan (27997 posts) - - Show Bio

I can think of a few villains who could take over the real world in a weekend.

#27 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo: Watch the episodes of Season 3 of Transformers Prime and you'll see why he would last in our world. They sent the stinkin military at him and he sent a beam from one of his weapons and kapow! No more military. If the autobots weren't there they wouldn't have lasted a second.

#28 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of agree.

#29 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2860 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo: It all depends on the Villain. Some would fall others would dominate even better.

#30 Edited by dtm1980 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

You know all this talk of shooting villains in the face... is it any wonder they hate you?

Me? I'd offer them tea and cake and listen to their problems, understand their feelings. Then I'd try to help them find a job or take them out to do some charity...

THIS IS COMING FROM A PUNISHER FAN, I HOPE YOU KNOW!!!