• 63 results
#1 Posted by Graysonfan11 (265 posts) - - Show Bio

He is not known enough as a character even with the help of the hit tv series.Can anyone realy see him in his own movie i can only picture him starring in a justice league movie not his own. Please give me your thoughts and suggestions on how they would do Martian MManhunter in live action

#2 Posted by The Stegman (29553 posts) - - Show Bio
@Graysonfan11: I don't necessarily want him in a movie...but I do want him to be the "Nick Fury" of the Justice League movie, showing up in all of the other DC hero's movies that lead up to JL, for example he could have minor appearances in Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.
#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3832 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@Graysonfan11: I don't necessarily want him in a movie...but I do want him to be the "Nick Fury" of the Justice League movie, showing up in all of the other DC hero's movies that lead up to JL, for example he could have minor appearances in Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.
Maybe recruiting help for a White Martian invasion? Not a terrible idea.
#4 Posted by The Stegman (29553 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi: Actually quite a great idea, my whole plan for a JL movie can have MM being in each ''tie in'' movie that leads up to it, finally bringing all the heroes together saying that he's been on Earth since the 50's monitoring for white martian activity, and finally realized that they have been infiltrating and replacing important and key figures of the world in a totally not Skrull sort of way, and are about to strike, thus he brings together the Justice League to stop them.
#5 Posted by Pokeysteve (9291 posts) - - Show Bio

@Graysonfan11 said:

He is not known enough as a character even with the help of the hit tv series.Can anyone realy see him in his own movie i can only picture him starring in a justice league movie not his own. Please give me your thoughts and suggestions on how they would do Martian MManhunter in live action

A Manhunter movie would be a bad idea for several reasons. He's not well known enough, he has no rouges gallery, he's far too powerful for a credible threat or they'll dumb him down like the cartoon or Smallville. I agree completely with what these guys said ^^^^^^^^^

#6 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3832 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@Kal'smahboi: Actually quite a great idea, my whole plan for a JL movie can have MM being in each ''tie in'' movie that leads up to it, finally bringing all the heroes together saying that he's been on Earth since the 50's monitoring for white martian activity, and finally realized that they have been infiltrating and replacing important and key figures of the world in a totally not Skrull sort of way, and are about to strike, thus he brings together the Justice League to stop them.
That's a terrific movie idea in an almost-exactly-like-the-first-few-JL-show-episodes kind of way. I'd be behind it.
#7 Posted by The Stegman (29553 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi:  

@The Stegman  said: 

That's a terrific movie idea in an almost-exactly-like-the-first-few-JL-show-episodes kind of way. I'd be behind it.' 
*hides Justice League season one DVD*  

Yup, came up with it all on my own....honest.
#8 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3832 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@Kal'smahboi:  

@The Stegman  said: 

That's a terrific movie idea in an almost-exactly-like-the-first-few-JL-show-episodes kind of way. I'd be behind it.' 
*hides Justice League season one DVD*   Yup, came up with it all on my own....honest.
No worries. This conversation never happened.
#9 Posted by joshmightbe (26300 posts) - - Show Bio

No one thought a Blade movie would work and that pretty much started the modern trend of Superhero movies

#10 Posted by jwalser3 (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

See I feel if DC does what Marvel, giving each character a movie before a JLA movie people would think DC is just a copy cat.

And for the first villain why not Starro? You can have a scene were one of the members if under his control and have a hero on hero fight scene. You can have military fighting Starro's parasites. I think it would be a cool movie and be epic. But sadly I don't see a JLA movie and time soon :(

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (26300 posts) - - Show Bio

lots of movies that no one thought would work at all have been massive successes

#12 Posted by jwalser3 (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:How do you think an Aquaman movie would go? I loved him before the New 52. But seeing how TV makes him look like a pathetic hero I don't think people would want to see him in a stand alone movie.

IMO I would love it.

#13 Posted by Jorgevy (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi said:

@The Stegman said:
@Kal'smahboi:

@The Stegman said:

@Kal'smahboi: Actually quite a great idea, my whole plan for a JL movie can have MM being in each ''tie in'' movie that leads up to it, finally bringing all the heroes together saying that he's been on Earth since the 50's monitoring for white martian activity, and finally realized that they have been infiltrating and replacing important and key figures of the world in a totally not Skrull sort of way, and are about to strike, thus he brings together the Justice League to stop them.
*hides Justice League season one DVD* Yup, came up with it all on my own....honest.
No worries. This conversation never happened.

I totally agree with this idea, even if people think it's a Marvel rip off, it could work great and then people wouldn't complain

#14 Posted by _Black (2301 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a Martian Manhunter movie. I don't care what anyone says.

It could delve into his psyche with losing everyone on Mars, how he's sort of an outcast and alone, make the audience feel for him. I'm sure they could pull off some cool stunts and special effects too. Fight scenes could be amazing.

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (26300 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: The biggest obstacle facing an aqua man movie is the same one comic writers have been fighting since the 70s, the goddamned super friends, that show did more damage to Aquaman than any competing company or comic sales down turn has ever done

#16 Posted by jwalser3 (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:And what would you do to make an Aquaman movie good? Just curious. Like who would you ave as the villain?

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (26300 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: I'd start off with Black Manta, I'd avoid Atlantis for the first movie, maybe allude to it or throw it in at the end but nothing big. I'd definitely show off the fact that he's not useless on land

#18 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8466 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Graysonfan11: I don't necessarily want him in a movie...but I do want him to be the "Nick Fury" of the Justice League movie, showing up in all of the other DC hero's movies that lead up to JL, for example he could have minor appearances in Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.

This

Honestly I don't see Martian Manhunter having his own movie too. He's too powerful, and a sentient alien, with his own movie just doesnt work.

#19 Posted by CrimsonCake (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@jwalser3: I'd start off with Black Manta, I'd avoid Atlantis for the first movie, maybe allude to it or throw it in at the end but nothing big. I'd definitely show off the fact that he's not useless on land

It will take a long to change peoples' image of Aquaman but it's not impossible!Remember in the new 52 when aquaman said He doesn't talk to fish?They should put that in the movie.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (26300 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: That's true also he needs to completely beat the s**t out of some powerful creature on dry land just to finish off the misconception that he's useless on dry land

#21 Posted by jwalser3 (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: @joshmightbe:Yes! I think they should show him have more feats on land. Like in the New 52 he is in the jungle and city fighting.

But we have kinda changed subjects this is about Martian Manhunter lol.

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (26300 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: I'd love a MM movie

#23 Posted by jwalser3 (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:What should be the conflict in his movie? I have only read about him in Brightest day( I loved his story in it) so I don't know a whole lot about him.

#24 Posted by TheCannon (20267 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, a Manhunter movie will not work. There are only a handful of DC characters who would.

#25 Edited by ThatThorFan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

The graphics would probably be poor and they would probably dumb him down. He is a very strange and interesting character but nobody really knows him. Girls, children, and others who dont read comics or care much for superheroes still go to see Spiderman, Avengers, Batman, etc.. I do not see them going to see Martian Manhunter simply because he is not well known and he would come off as simply strange. Of course we would see it but would it attract other audiences? I doubt it.

#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (41013 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather have Cyborg 

#27 Posted by joshmightbe (26300 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: They could use his brother Malific(That's a shortened spelling) He's the guy who killed Mars

#28 Posted by henryarguelles5 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

No way it would work. Too much backstory would be needed to explain who he is...too much would be needed to explain his name. I could see a television show about him, taking time to really develop the character...but two hours is barely enough to showcase an icon like Superman or Spider-Man. I don't see it working for J'onn.

#29 Posted by wildvine (11354 posts) - - Show Bio

@henryarguelles5 said:

No way it would work. Too much backstory would be needed to explain who he is...too much would be needed to explain his name. I could see a television show about him, taking time to really develop the character...but two hours is barely enough to showcase an icon like Superman or Spider-Man. I don't see it working for J'onn.

Yeah i said the same thing about Venom and we know how that turned out...

Moderator Online
#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (14729 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love a MM movie. I'm sure someone out there could make it work.

#31 Posted by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

If there was a movie, I have the perfect plot line (sweet and simple. feel free to steal!): someone steals the cookie jar.

#32 Posted by Twentyfive (2952 posts) - - Show Bio

Why MMH movie would not work: Because he's LAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!!

#33 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think a live action Manhunter movie would work too well. But animated J'onn has been great in recent films. I love the way that D.C. animation is exploring the mechanics of his powers and the versatility of them. The technology could catch up enough to warrant a live action film but I don't see that for a couple of years yet.

#34 Edited by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd watch a Martian Manhunter movie, but he is better suited to a JLA movie.

#35 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (14729 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: how is he lame?

#36 Posted by JonSmith (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

For similar thoughts and solutions on and to this very topic, among other related ones, I direct you here.

#37 Posted by XLR87T3 (3361 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Graysonfan11: I don't necessarily want him in a movie...but I do want him to be the "Nick Fury" of the Justice League movie, showing up in all of the other DC hero's movies that lead up to JL, for example he could have minor appearances in Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.

@jwalser3 said:

See I feel if DC does what Marvel, giving each character a movie before a JLA movie people would think DC is just a copy cat.

And for the first villain why not Starro? You can have a scene were one of the members if under his control and have a hero on hero fight scene. You can have military fighting Starro's parasites. I think it would be a cool movie and be epic. But sadly I don't see a JLA movie and time soon :(

Both of these ideas are perfect. They better get a good actress for Wonder Woman, though.

That's, like...important.

#38 Posted by Rumble Man (11197 posts) - - Show Bio

CG

focus on the racial conflict between white and green martians

minimize human interaction

#39 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8466 posts) - - Show Bio

@XLR87T3 said:

@The Stegman said:

@jwalser3 said:

Both of these ideas are perfect. They better get a good actress for Wonder Woman, though.

That's, like...important.

DC isn't copycatting. The reason you have give each character a movie before a JLA movie is to build up each character. It's hard to do that if you go with a JLA/Avengers movie from the start and have to build up 5-7 characters.

#40 Posted by JSH92 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see a Martian Manhunter movie. I think Malefic could be the villain. I'm sure a more creative mind than mine could easily make it work.

#41 Posted by Dudi (6 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not matter if he is not very known character. People want to look at some film because it look good to them, and not becuase they know the characters.

And DC need to do other films first... I there is no Aquaman or Flash film? It could be awesome if there was. They really should do it.

#42 Posted by XLR87T3 (3361 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: Sorry. I forgot to leave that part out of the quote. I agree with you.

#43 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8466 posts) - - Show Bio

MM's powers are too....unique for a movie. Telepathy, Itangibility, all those stuff are good if you're a ghost, but I don't see people finding a Martian with powers interesting, that's a hero instead of villain.

#44 Edited by FullmetalChobit (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I think MM's origin story has everything that makes a good film, love, loss, fight scenes, Aliens, despair...

I don't think it matters whether he's a well known character or not, a good film's a good film. I know loads of people who don't read graphics or comics who still saw Cappy, Thor, Hulk, with very little of no knowledge of who they are.

Batman wasn't a well known character (to non-nerds) before the original films, now everyone and their mother's know who Bruce Wayne is.

Having said all this, all previous DC films have been crap, so maybe they shouldn't bother.

#45 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody outside of diehard comic readers have any clue who Martian Manhunter even is. Barring a miracle the movie would bomb like Hiroshima.

#46 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is releasing a GotG movie, how much you want to bet that its successful, maybe not to the level of the Avengers, but still. And they are lesser known than MM.

#47 Posted by The_Thunderer (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Black said:

I want a Martian Manhunter movie. I don't care what anyone says.

It could delve into his psyche with losing everyone on Mars, how he's sort of an outcast and alone, make the audience feel for him. I'm sure they could pull off some cool stunts and special effects too. Fight scenes could be amazing.

#48 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8466 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Nobody outside of diehard comic readers have any clue who Martian Manhunter even is. Barring a miracle the movie would bomb like Hiroshima.

@FullmetalChobit said:

I think MM's origin story has everything that makes a good film, love, loss, fight scenes, Aliens, despair...

I don't think it matters whether he's a well known character or not, a good film's a good film. I know loads of people who don't read graphics or comics who still saw Cappy, Thor, Hulk, with very little of no knowledge of who they are.

Batman wasn't a well known character (to non-nerds) before the original films, now everyone and their mother's know who Bruce Wayne is.

Having said all this, all previous DC films have been crap, so maybe they shouldn't bother.

Batman was still popular even before the movies.

And they were still relatively interesting.

To the casual a fan an alien that's a hero is very unusual.

#49 Posted by FullmetalChobit (228 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: For me, I think it could be interesting. If done well, and advertised correctly I don't see why any comic book adaptation wouldn't be well received. (also, Aquaman needs a film, like really needs a film.)

#50 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8466 posts) - - Show Bio

@FullmetalChobit: Why any comic book adaptaion wouldn't be well received. Because comic book movies are aiming themselves at casuals, not comic book fans.